Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
Jess85

Default What Rims???

Hi there..i've got a Silver Fiesta Zetec with full options (body kit etc) and am wanting to either make the car louder (only a little) or get some different rims. Can anyone suggest some styles? My bf and dad both work at Ford and my bf said there are only a few types to choose from or something?? Im looking at getting 17"s.
thanks

Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hello there,

You will need a stud pattern of 4/108 PCD to suit/fit. You can get the Ford Focus 17inch Mp3 rims with out tyres from Ford for 800 bucks, the ROH Stradas have also been popular with a few guys grabing the in 17's for under 100 per rim.

Concidering you are in NSW, you could try Tempe Tyres for some likeable designs but you may have to get em custom drilled to suit.

Are you in Sydney??

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 25-09-2006 at 05:22 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 05:49 PM   #3
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ custom drilled? for what?...... oh the stud pattern you mean?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 06:47 PM   #4
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Hi,
My best suggestion is to go to a tyre shop near you, ask them what they can get, there's a few available from companies like YHI (www.yhi.com.au look at the Advanti range), XHP (www.xhpwheels.com.au, pretty sure the X-1 is the only one thats available) , also have a look at bsa wheels too (www.bsawheels.com.au, should be a few choices)
I put a set on a silver LX a while ago, only 16" but should be available in 17 inch

Advanti Medusa

^^ My wheels ^^ are no longer available, I got them as they were running them out, so thankfully I hav'nt seen them on another Fiesta
Good luck

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #5
photn
AFF Post NAZI

here is my beauty. with the 17" mp3 Ford Focus Rims. they fit perfectly and can be had from about 800 from ford.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 10:08 AM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I really do have some kinky love affair with those MP3 rims. they just look soo chunky and hot

I should have bought them ! before mista got his greedy little hands all over them
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #7
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
I really do have some kinky love affair with those MP3 rims. they just look soo chunky and hot

I should have bought them ! before mista got his greedy little hands all over them
Tough cookies there mitchie boy. U have to be lethal in life to get what you want. I read in an old post i think even before i was on the forums, that you wanted them and told tim not to sell em to anyone else. hahah
Old 27-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Mine.

EDIT: Hi Luke!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I didntbuy the mp3 because i thought they were too big.

Im very VERY happy with the zetec focus rims... but theres just something about the mp3''s...
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
EDIT: Hi Luke!
Huh?

Yea, I like the MP3 rims too. 16 or 17 inch just comes down to personal preference...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #11
GT595
Bluepower enhanced GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Mine.
Geez Danny - good choice - they look great on.....
Suits it down to a tee.....nice ride.
GT595 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #12
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Huh?
JD2004 was lurking the thread while I was writing the reply. His name is Luke, I was saying Hello.... Never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT595
Geez Danny - good choice - they look great on.....
Suits it down to a tee.....nice ride.
Thanks mate, I'm pretty happy with it too ;)
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #13
TheColonel

damn that thing looks awesome everytime i see it... wish i got red now :(
TheColonel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #14
JD2004

hmm 12:53PM.. i might have popped in for a second

Hows things danny? those mags always look fantastic on your little sex bomb!!

XR5 turbo is in cooling off period.. 1 month cool off.. then the big signature

Luke - Yes it was me danny is talking about
Old 28-09-2006, 02:09 PM   #15
Jess85

[here is my beauty. with the 17" mp3 Ford Focus Rims. they fit perfectly and can be had from about 800 from ford.]

I already have those rims on my 2004 fiesta zetec. Looks like i have the same car as u anywayz..with the kit etc..although i dont have stripes or anything (dont like the ones that go over the car..soz)
Old 28-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #16
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess85
[here is my beauty. with the 17" mp3 Ford Focus Rims. they fit perfectly and can be had from about 800 from ford.]

I already have those rims on my 2004 fiesta zetec. Looks like i have the same car as u anywayz..with the kit etc..although i dont have stripes or anything (dont like the ones that go over the car..soz)
you have the 16" size. these are 17" and fill the guards more. give it a more sturdy feel.

yer i got the bodykit and rear spoiler. WP zetec manual.

Old 30-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #17
Jess85

Mine look same size as urs photn..im pretty sure i've already got the 17"s. I mite have already mentioned that my bf and dad are salesman at a Ford yard. My car was my bf's demo and the dealership added all the extras and put the 17"s on it. Car only had 5000 k's on it when i got it
Old 03-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #18
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Mine look same size as urs photn..im pretty sure i've already got the 17"s. I mite have already mentioned that my bf and dad are salesman at a Ford yard. My car was my bf's demo and the dealership added all the extras and put the 17"s on it. Car only had 5000 k's on it when i got it
okay then, normally the fez only get 16" wheels. but if the dealership had brains and fitted the focus rims, whats kool.

your best bet is to go down to your local tyre shop bob jane or whatever and as for a wheel with the required stub and offset.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #19
Jess85

bob janes said the only ones that had were called Spyders and they're crap! You see them on the older Focus'. I like Danny's rims, they're sik! I looked through some car sites and found a few rims with 4 studs but just gotta check with the tyre joint whether the stud patterns are right
Old 04-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #20
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
bob janes said the only ones that had were called Spyders and they're crap! You see them on the older Focus'. I like Danny's rims, they're sik! I looked through some car sites and found a few rims with 4 studs but just gotta check with the tyre joint whether the stud patterns are right
I have exactly the same rims as Danny...and I got them from Bob Jane!....so I dont know what your Bob Jane outlet is on about Jess, the rims are ROH Strada's, mine like Danny's are 17" ones, I got mine earlier in the year for $97.00 each which I thought was an absolute bargain, whatever you decide on dont forget about the spare wheel, you will either need to buy an extra rim or keep 4 of your standard wheel nuts for the spare.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #21
Jess85

yeh my bob janes is a little lazy i think and not much to choose from..