Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Best Tint Available

I want to get my WQ Zetec window tinted, I'm in Brisbane, question is what is the best tint?, who makes it?, and who does the best job at installing it?, any suggestions?...........Iv'e heard people claim that "Tint-a-Car" do a tint called "Formula 1" which is supposed to be one of the best available, made by an American company called "CP Films" which is by far the biggest tint manufacturer in the world apparantly, I had a look at it but it's quite a green tint, would rather have more of a brown/black looking tint which would go better with the White duco and the black side mouldings etc, I dont mind paying top price for a top tint and top job, dont want something that isn't going to do the job of keeping that nasty Qld sun out of the car, anyone had any good experiences with tint shops?

robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 01:13 AM   #2
joshf2
striped

cant help you with exact names in brisbane, but ive got a theory

if youre not planning on holding onto the car for too long, go out and find someone who will do a non-receipt illegal tint. they normally dont charge too much, and on a white car, something like 5-10% will look sweet.

when i bought my car, as per normal, ford tried to sell me the legal 35% tint for about $500. what i said to them cant be repeated on this forum. they gave me the number for the guy who was going to do the tint for them anyway, and he did mine at 15% for $140.

so i guess that would be a good ball park figure to begin with.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

or maybe you can try Solatint. As I did mine legal 35% tint for only app $250 - $300 with lifetime warranty. I know that lifetime warranty sounds a bit unhelpful after a few years, but at least solartint is a large franchising. They also do the illegal tinting as well...
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 10:56 AM   #4
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I've used Tint-a-car at milton numerous times, through work, they've always done a good job. If you've got the time go and visit a few places, have a chat and see how you feel about them, may help in your decision. good luck

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #5
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just used the guy that does the tinting at my bro's work, $140 for everything, not sure of the darkness i think it's 15 - 20%, he said if it ever messes up take it back and he'll fix it for free
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 03:35 PM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Ford did It after I bought the car at the dealer as a condition of sale. Its Ming Darkest legal.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #7
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I got the Ford Ming tint as well. Works for me.
Old 22-05-2006, 07:01 PM   #8
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check out premier tint in enoggera, I've been looking around and their Black Night is the best looking one I've seen, it's their top of the line tint. I was there the other day just as they were finishing a new Pajero in it, and it looked awesome. Darkest legal, very black with no green or anything in it. They've got a lifetime warranty too. It's usually $495, which is ridiculous, but they've got a 2 for 1 offer at the moment so it's only $247.50 each. I'm in the market for a tint and want to get it done there (and need another person for the 2-for-1!), so if you're interested PM me and let me know... Matt.
Check it out...
http://www.premierwindowtint.com.au/
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #9
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Matt, I went and checked out Premier Tint at Enoggera today, that Black Night tint looks good, I spoke to the Manager - Robert Toonen, that half price offer sounds great, if you want to go ahead and organise something give me a call at work tomorrow on 3636 7343, thanks, Rob.
Old 25-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #10
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds good Rob, I'll give you a call as soon as I get a chance! Matt.
Old 29-05-2006, 12:24 AM   #11
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Rob, sorry to be a hassle but something else has come up and I won't be going ahead with the tinting at PremierTint. I've decided I want a bit darker than their Black Night, and their next available option is really dark (20%) and a bit too far on the wrong side of legal for my liking. Good luck with it all, Matt.
Old 29-05-2006, 07:50 PM   #12
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp
Hey Rob, sorry to be a hassle but something else has come up and I won't be going ahead with the tinting at PremierTint. I've decided I want a bit darker than their Black Night, and their next available option is really dark (20%) and a bit too far on the wrong side of legal for my liking. Good luck with it all, Matt.
No worries Matt, good luck, catch ya round the forums.
Old 29-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #13
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm thinking of getting my windows tinted at Solartint pretty soon. I'll get some quotes beforehand.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #14
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I've allway's used Tint a car but I need to get my Laser done and they quoted me $495, WHAT, no thank's, last time I was there it cost me $250, so there's another place I'm yet to check out but I did ring them and they said it would be around $300.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #15
Marhleet

my EBii has great looking tint on it
and the sticka on the back says SHadeMaster
there was a phone number, but two car washes, and it's already mostly scrubbed off.
sorry .....
google says he's mobile in Dee Why NSW

Dash Mat
Marhleet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #16
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Tint-a-car in Hobart quoted me $295 on the weekend for Midnight Express, there darkest legal tint. Haven't looked anywhere else yet.
Old 29-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #17
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

--deleted--

never mind. :
Old 29-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #18
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
Tint-a-car in Hobart quoted me $295 on the weekend for Midnight Express, there darkest legal tint. Haven't looked anywhere else yet.
Yeah that was their other tint available and they quoted me $475 for that one, they said it's actually darker than the F1, and they wouldn't budge on price.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 10:40 PM   #19
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I was talking to the dude down here at the Hobart car show & they had a special on it for $345, but he said a Fiesta would be $295. Got it in writing so might have to hold him to it.
Old 30-05-2006, 08:49 AM   #20
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Yeah that was their other tint available and they quoted me $475 for that one, they said it's actually darker than the F1, and they wouldn't budge on price.
$475 for Midnight Express is extremely expensive!!, I think Tint-a-Car are only franchises, I'll check out my local one up here although from what I remember there Midnight Express tint is only a dyded tint, shouldn't be anywhere near that price, F1 film I could understand as thats a fully metallised quality tint manufactured by CP Films. My local tint-a-car up here uses "dust free air conditioned booths" to install the tint on the car, they do seem to do a great job, seen a few cars around with their sticker on them, perhaps its just another "ya just get what you pay for" scenario?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #21
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm tinting my car this Saturday at Solartint. $265 for the darkest legal tint. Sweet