Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
catafo
Starter Motor

Talking Pumaspeed Stage 1 Fiesta ST180 EcoBoost Remap 210-225 bhp

I have a 2013 Ford Fiesta ST (Australia)
I have just installed the Pumaspeed Stage 1 Fiesta ST180 EcoBoost Remap 210-225 bhp
The only extra modification I have done are Pumaspeed R-Sport Stage 3 Garrett Intercooler for Fiesta ST180 and K&N 33-2955 Air Filter.

From the time I ordered the Intercooler and OBD Tuning Interface cable it only took 7 days from UK to Sydney Australia.

Tony and Andrew from Pumaspeed answered all emails within 24 hours this is great considering they are 10 hours behind us.

Installation of the Intercooler took about 2.5 hours only special tools you will need is a 3/8 socket swivel and a 6mm titanium tiped drill to drill two new holes in the high strengh steel front bumper. NOTE: Use a 3 mm pilot drill and use slowest speed on drill otherwise you will burn it out.
There is a great guide for intercooler install on mountune,s webpage.
The Intercooler is a tight fit take your time to position it also the horizontal black plastic above the Intercooler will need to be removed and 15mm removed from the back edge you can do this with a jigsaw or brake it of in peices with a pair of pliers.

Installation of Stage 1 tune
Download MaxD software from Pumaspeed webpage.
Tony should have emailed you the tune so save this on your Windows based laptop somewhere safe.
Make sure laptop has at least 1 hour charge
Open car and switch off EVERYTHING.
Plug in OBD dongle and plug into USB port on Computer
Switch on compter and start MaxD software.
The computer should install the OBD dongle in about 2 minutes
Once you have done this just follow the on screen prompts I did it first time in 3 minutes.

Hows it Go
What a difference in the car
Idel is smoother
Heaps of torque from 1800 rpm
Car just pulls like crazy
Fuel economy is better as I can use 5th and 6th gears earlier
Put it this way its a excellent tune and fully worth every cent I have driven the Mountune MP 215 I feel that the Pumaspeed Stage 1 tune is a lot more refined and as for power and torque and driveability I am hard to please but Andrew and Tony and team have come up with a real winner here.

It put a huge smile on my face even my partner who knows nothing about cars said Its smoother and when I took it to work it pulled so much better did you get a fresh tank off fuel or something. I didn't tell her id been playing with our baby.

catafo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
Swoopdown

Default Re: Pumaspeed Stage 1 Fiesta ST180 EcoBoost Remap 210-225 bhp

Sounds awesome. Just needs some pictures
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
GeeDubF6

Sounds tempting...

+1 for Pumaspeed - I got my Milltek cat back through them, ordered Monday evening around 11pm Aus time, picked it up at the couriers that Fri afternoon. Local guy quoted me 3 weeks delivery for same exhaust (and another $500...)

Old: BF MKII F6 #00390 in Breeze. Sunroof, 19" Dark Argent wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electric Pedals, Leather, FPV Mats... Ear to ear grin!!
GeeDubF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #4
catafo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
Sounds awesome. Just needs some pictures
Send me Private message and I will send you a few photos
Old 11-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #5
catafo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeDubF6 View Post
Sounds tempting...

+1 for Pumaspeed - I got my Milltek cat back through them, ordered Monday evening around 11pm Aus time, picked it up at the couriers that Fri afternoon. Local guy quoted me 3 weeks delivery for same exhaust (and another $500...)
I have also purchased Milltek Sport Fiesta ST 180 Hi Flow Sport Cat 200 cell for Ford Fiesta ST 180 1.6 Ecoboost I will be getting it installed later this week.
Im keeping the STD Cat back system for now as the Fiesta ST std CAT is the most restrictive part off the system

Then I can install Pumaspeed Ford Fiesta ST180 240 bhp Power Upgrade maps.

Tony Pumaspeed told me Stage 1 is fine without any mods but
Stage 2 minimum requirements are Intercooler upgrade> Air Filter upgrade a K&N will do and Milltek sports de cat or the Hi Flow Sport Cat 200 cell.

This way stock appearance with 90% off the kits benefits and no trouble from the Highway patrol.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #6
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just had a look at Pumaspeeds website, 270-300hp in one of these would make an interesting drive!
Old 12-08-2014, 06:08 AM   #7
Pumaspeed
Starter Motor

Many Thanks for the vote of confidence.
We work hard and long to create a real balance for the driver..

The real secret to tuning any car isnt the size of your exhaust or the depth of your pockets its a finely tuned calibration that puts the jelly in the trifle of all those random go faster bits.
Pumaspeed have the EcoBoost Fiesta licked
Pumaspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #8
partsguy
Fan of torque steer

I have a question about the quoted HP that the tune produces.

Ford quote 180ish HP plus overboost function (around an extra 20HP for a limited time)
Do the Pumaspeed, Mountune, Bluefin etc tunes still use the overboost function and is the quoted HP including overboost?

I've read up on quite a few tunes but this is something that seems to go unsaid.
2015 LZ Focus ST, Frozen white with tech pack. Mountune intercooler, intake, Mountune sports cat, Mountune cat-back and Cobb stage 3 tune. FSwerks short shift and the best performance upgrade yet - Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. Quaife LSD.
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 01:50 AM   #9
Pumaspeed
Starter Motor

I am as much in the dark about this over boost theory.

From our testing we have yet to see a set of rollers display this mystical 20 bhp over boost in any hardware configuration.
Thats probably why no-one ever mentions it.

There will be dynos that show a 215bhp figure from an MP car but in our testing 195 is all we found available no matter what we did to the magic overboost button..

Stock Boost levels on the dyno are running around 1.4 bar and 180 bhp
( we have datalogs on the website that document this )
Our stage 1-2 and 3 remaps (270 bhp) run 1.45 bar (and no mystical overboost) which is very little extra boost
stage 1 210 bhp at best
stage 2 230-235 at best
stage 3 with hybrid turbo 260-280 hardware dependent

Clearly over boost is not a correct description more of a generic term...

We think the top end power figure isnt the correct way to look at the car power delivery,, its more about smooth progressive torque delivery
Old 21-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #10
partsguy
Fan of torque steer

Thanks for your reply, I totally get what you're saying about top end power, torque is king.
Would you class your stage 1 kit as very 'safe'?
The stage 2 kit comes with stage 1 tune included if I'm reading right, just thinking of future plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 LZ Focus ST, Frozen white with tech pack. Mountune intercooler, intake, Mountune sports cat, Mountune cat-back and Cobb stage 3 tune. FSwerks short shift and the best performance upgrade yet - Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. Quaife LSD.
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #11
lukits01
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumaspeed View Post
I am as much in the dark about this over boost theory.

From our testing we have yet to see a set of rollers display this mystical 20 bhp over boost in any hardware configuration.
Thats probably why no-one ever mentions it.

There will be dynos that show a 215bhp figure from an MP car but in our testing 195 is all we found available no matter what we did to the magic overboost button..

Stock Boost levels on the dyno are running around 1.4 bar and 180 bhp
( we have datalogs on the website that document this )
Our stage 1-2 and 3 remaps (270 bhp) run 1.45 bar (and no mystical overboost) which is very little extra boost
stage 1 210 bhp at best
stage 2 230-235 at best
stage 3 with hybrid turbo 260-280 hardware dependent

Clearly over boost is not a correct description more of a generic term...

We think the top end power figure isnt the correct way to look at the car power delivery,, its more about smooth progressive torque delivery
just wondering, are your stage 2 & stage 3 kits all without a cat converter?
do you offer a tune with a catted exhaust?
lukits01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 08:11 AM   #12
Pumaspeed
Starter Motor

all our Pumaspeed tuning kits suit the decat, the sports cat or indeed the stock cat.We have tested the mappings and they all are calibrated to suit.

Obviously the decat will make the most power,the sport cat will make 1 or so less bhp less and the stock cat will make 4-6 bhp less than the decat..
but we are back to the top end power figure again.. its all about torque and drivabilty.

With the stage 3 tune it would not be sensible to blow a heap of money on a turbo and then restrict it with the stock cat but for the other lower staged tunes if you want torque first and power last stay with the stock cat and save a little money (but i know you'll be back chasing power later)

Parts guy - yes if you buy the correct tuning box kit the stage 1 and 2 are included so they are perfect for future upgrading.

but no-matter what you do when you are buying and importing into AUS get us to split the shipment into under 1000 dollar chunks.. you pay zero import tax then..
Tony
4 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #13
catafo
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Pumaspeed Stage 1 Fiesta ST180 EcoBoost Remap 210-225 bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy View Post
Thanks for your reply, I totally get what you're saying about top end power, torque is king.
Would you class your stage 1 kit as very 'safe'?
The stage 2 kit comes with stage 1 tune included if I'm reading right, just thinking of future plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Torque is the thing im noticing the most I can get into 6th gear and potter around town at 55kmph then if I put my foot down it just pulls and pulls all the way I just can't wait until Monday 1st September I get my Milltek Sports CAT fitted then I can install the Pumaspeed Stage 2 Tune
Old 02-09-2014, 12:20 AM   #14
Kp4294
Starter Motor

Is pumaspeed stage 1 tune remove the torque limit in 1st 2st gear? Thank you
Kp4294 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2014, 12:29 AM   #15
DeepOz
Starter Motor

Silly question, but does the MyKey® technology still work with stage 1, 2 or 3?
Does pumaspeed have a recommended distributor / garage in Sydney (Australia)?

Last edited by DeepOz; 02-09-2014 at 12:41 AM. Reason: editorial
DeepOz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2014, 12:39 AM   #16
Kp4294
Starter Motor

Also second gear has a little power to acceralate. Like coming to nearly stop but I don't want to put into first, so I put it into second it just so lazy to go. I guessed more power from stage 1 would fix so I ordered mp215. It's still the same. Maybe stage 2 would help. Or something to do with the gear ratio.
Kp4294 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2014, 08:01 AM   #17
Pumaspeed
Starter Motor

the stage 1 and stage 2 mappings are all about torque and drivability.

We love lazy driving and make more torque available from as low down as the engine will allow..

The Pumsapeed files are more refined and do deliver a much enhanced drive low down..

At the cost involved we think its a real and more powerful alternative to the official dealer option.

the my key still works fine we dont mess with anything other than the very complex fueling ignition and toque tables.

give it a go... i have 13 units going to the far east this week !
Old 04-09-2014, 02:01 AM   #18
DeepOz
Starter Motor

Hi, do you have a preferred/recommended garage that I can speak to prior to buying a Fiesta ST. I am very keen to buy a Fiesta ST and kitting it out, but can't do the work myself and so would like to have a garage that I can use and reach agreement of labour costs before embarking on what could be a very expensive (and potentially exciting) journey.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #19
Pursya

You may have to say your location to get answers.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #20
DeepOz
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursya View Post
You may have to say your location to get answers.
Good point and this post should get my numbers up so that I can now PM Pumaspeed, anyways, inner-west Sydney, Australia.
Old 31-03-2015, 10:07 AM   #21
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Installed the stage 1+ last night, in my brief drive to work this morning it seems torque down low has been improved, along with a bigger shove in the back in first and second gears. I hope to have a more spirited drive over the Easter break, I will report back then.