Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
Tracer
Starter Motor

Default -1 Wheel :(

Well taking my gf home and just outside Maitland where they're doing all the work on the highway. Anyway raining on and off so going through slowly since roadwork (even though no ones there) and its raining when suddenly THUMP front dips down and thud thud thud thud.

Great must of been a big *** pothole (sure felt like it) and got a damn flat. So slow down even more seein I couldn't pull over and change it there was waiting for a bit of space on the left then CLINK CLANK thud clump thud clump thud clump, damn cars bumoing a bit now instead of just thudding.

So get to pull over and have a look back and there's a big bit of metal in the road i'd run over (great) so get to work changing the tyre.

Anyway low and behold when i get the wheel off I realised it wasn't just a flat nore was it just a piece of metal i'd run over it was a piece of my god damn wheel comming off!!!!!

So we put the space saver on and go back home to put the old wheel on then slow down and put high beam on on the way past there again to see just what we went over and... nothing no signs at all of even a small pothole.

There were a couple cars infront and behind and nothing happened to them so we're left thinking just WTF destroyed my GOD DAMN WHEEL!!!!!

http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0074wt5.jpg

Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

jeezus! where bouts are the road works? i aint heading there. what type of rim was it?

HERITAGE GREEN EL GHIA, ROH MODENA WHEELS, /////ALPINE AUDIO, PEDDERS XA COILOVER'S
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

woah!.....
thats a big let-go, might have had a crack in it from something else, and just let go in the roadworks.....
gone through any big potholes elsewhere lately?
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Man what a crack! Never seen anything like that before, it's on the inside too.

I'd like to know what caused it, a dodgy wheel manufacture maybe? Could have become weaker over time.

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
Tracer
Starter Motor

On the New England near the Thornton and Weakleys Dr turnoffs where they're building that overpass (figures its an overpass dunno what else it could be)

Been over a few potholes but just what everyone does on avg. Checked the wheels not long ago either and was no signs of any crack unless its was an invisible hairline one.

And like I said on the way back up we checked the road out and there wasn't even any sign of a pothole at all so must of been something on the road I hit but sure didn't see anything or sound like it was an object just sounded like going over a pothole :

Woulda been nice to see what it looked like before that part ripped off it, shame there was no where to pull over before that happened.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #6
Rhubarb

Is that the LX or Zetec rim ? or other ?
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
Tracer
Starter Motor

Other, damned if i can remember lol

Bit dirty now since been sitting there couple weeks lol but can see the nice buldge bottom right where it hit whatever the hell it hit :