Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
Spazzsfocus
RS Dreamer!

Lightbulb Interesting news from across the ditch(NZ)!

I've just been scanning through the forum and I came across this post be MAGPIE in the NZ section of AFF.... anyway long story short (and I hope you don't mind MAGPIE) but I couldn't help noticing in particular the New focus models going to NZ i.e see below the 1.6 litre engine and the WAGON!

hopefully this is a sign of whats coming our way (Aust).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
From Ford.co.nz

Ford New Zealand Announces Transparent Pricing
Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In a bold move to create a less complicated, more positive sales experience, Ford New Zealand have today announced a new pricing approach for the new Focus and new FG Falcon which will both be on sale from June 1 2008.

These new products have been priced in a way that provides greater pricing transparency so that the recommended retail price is a more realistic reflection of what the customer will actually pay for their vehicle.

Haggling has become part of the car purchasing process in New Zealand and it is generally expected that significant discounts can be negotiated from the Recommended Retail Price (RRP). Richard Matheson, Managing Director of Ford New Zealand, believes this way of conducting business is creating a negative experience for many Kiwis as the emphasis has shifted to negotiating the biggest possible discount rather than ensuring the vehicle is the best option for the customer.

"People aren't always comfortable with challenging their car dealer and haggling over price. Many people want to fast forward this process and know what they can expect to pay for the car straight away. We've listened to our customers, we're changing our strategy to meet their needs," says Matheson.

Previously applied to the new Ford Mondeo range at launch late last year, this new strategy has been well received and has gathered momentum in the marketplace. Ford New Zealand will now extend this strategy to the new Focus and new FG Falcon.

"We believe this approach to pricing will make consumers more comfortable with the Ford purchasing experience. Our dealers are right behind it too."

Matthew Newman, Dealer Principal of South Auckland Motors agrees with Mr Matheson, that consumers will benefit from the new strategy:

"The intent of this new pricing philosophy is to give customers the best possible value up front. It is in the long term interests of both the Ford brand and our customers that we provide stability in the residual values of our vehicles."

"With the growth of the internet, everyone is researching their purchases before they visit the dealership. It is so important that customers have an indication of the final price they will pay rather than one that is traditionally heavily discounted."

FOCUS: LINE UP & PRICING:

Further to Ford New Zealand's announcement last September 2007, Ford can now confirm availability of the new Focus range in New Zealand from 1st June 2008, adding the brand new 1.6 litre engine and a 2.5 litre Turbo XR5 variant to the line-up.
Model Price
1.6 litre 5 Door, Manual $26,190
1.6 litre, 5 Door, Automatic $27,690
1.6 litre, Wagon, Manual $27,890
2.0 litre, 5 Door, Manual $28,890
1.6 litre, Wagon Automatic $29,390
2.0 litre, 5 Door, Automatic $30,390
1.8 litre, TD Wagon Manual $30,890
2.0 litre Zetec 5 Door, Automatic $34,490
2.5 litre Turbo XR5 5 Door, Manual $44,990

NEW FOCUS HIGHLIGHTS:

* Adoption of new 'kinetic design' exterior with enhanced interior quality
* Addition of Focus 1.6 litre and the exciting XR5 Turbo "hot hatch" to the range
* Extended model range demonstrates Ford New Zealand's commitment to the small car customer

FG FALCON: LINE UP & PRICING:

Showing Ford New Zealand's commitment to this new pricing approach, the new FG Falcon will be introduced on June 1 2008 with the following retail prices.

Model Price
XT Sedan-$39,990
XT Sedan DLPG-$40,390

XR6 Sedan-$45,990
XR6 Turbo Sedan-$50,990
XR8 Sedan-$52,290
G6 Sedan-$45,990
G6E Sedan-$50,990
G6E Turbo-$55,990

XL Chassis Cab Ute-$33,490
XL Wellside Ute-$35,490
XR6 Ute-$39,990
XR6 Turbo Ute-$46,290
XR8 Ute-$49,390

The BF MKIII Falcon XT Wagon will be priced equivalent to the sedan at $39,990.

NEW FG FALCON HIGHLIGHTS:

* All new interior and exterior architectures and designs
* An all new front suspension
* New powertrains with more power, more torque and improved fuel economy
* Advanced safety package
* Introduction of the all new G Series, incorporating the new sports luxury 270kW G6E Turbo
Oh and let me know if this info about the wagon is already known.... :

Spazzsfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
Rhubarb

I'd be keen on the wagon but would prefer the 2.0 litre or 2.0TDCi spec.

I'd be surprised if it made it here though - pleasantly so !!!!
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 07:05 AM   #3
Rhubarb

Strange line up actually when you look at it.

eg no Zetec manual ????
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
20focus05
I wanna XR5

No sedan?

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post