Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-04-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
GSR
Focus LT

Default How long to wait for replacement head unit

Guys I took the beast in for its first service a few weeks ago and reported a faulty CD player. The authorised Ford service department confirmed it was faulty and said they ordered a replacement unit. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing I phoned them up and they said it was ordered and just waiting on the replacement to arrive. Its been another week now and still nothing. How long does it take and should I be calling Ford direct to see whats going on. Three weeks I think is a bit long.......

GSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #2
Turbodiesel
Torquer

If it's coming from South Africa then don't expect it quickly... it might be on it's way in a row boat :P

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 01:08 AM   #3
BlackLS
yum

Something that should be kept in stock at a warehouse in Melbourne...

The standard LS/LT Focus headunit is a FMX which is made by Sanyo for Ford and Mazda. So its probably coming from China or something.

Perhaps try to source one privately and when you get the new one sell it.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
GSR
Focus LT

Thanks guys, rang up the service dept today and the unit is in and i can take it in anytime and they will change it over on the spot.
Great Stuff
GSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post