Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
GSR
Focus LT

Default A Very Focusy Kuga

I know its not a focus but I saw this in the terri threads, some very similar components to the focus.
Thought someone might be interested.
Heres a link : http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...ford_kuga.html

GSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
Rhubarb

Looks great !!!! Very strong review too (5 stars)

The price seems a bit high for me though :(

I wonder if the focus being manufactured in Australia from 2010 (or whatever it is) will bring a broader range of focus derived vehicles such as those available in Eng, to Aus eg Focus wagon, Kuga, C-max, S-max etc ?
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
RJO89
EuroFordClub

I read about that car in this months Wheels magazine, and my first thought was: "sigh, just what we need, another SUV on the road."
Admittedly it is a blue oval so it makes it slightly more acceptable, but even still, I can picture this car being driven by soccer mum's here there and everywhere...

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #4
Rhubarb

If a few more of the soccer mums drove 2.0 l diesels weighing 1600kgs (guess) instead of the 4l 2200 kgs Landcruisers, pajeros and patrols, the earth would be a happier place.

My wife drives a Territory and is keen to downgrade now that our twins are 5 and the other is 3, and we no longer need twin strollers etc. She loves my focus but one of us has to have a car that will take us all away on weekends. A focus wagon would be ideal for her if they brought it in to Aus. - HINT HINT Ford Australia !!!!

Last edited by Rhubarb; 12-04-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
charlie200
please insert coins

Perfect replacement for the escape.
Old 14-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Why did they have to call it a Kuga...i can only see confusion now when ppl ask me what car i drive!! "I drive a Ford Cougar"..."Oh, a Kuga, those 4x4 ones?"..."No, the sexy 2 door"..."hmm, never heard of it"

Usually, all i get is the "hmm, never heard of it" LOL

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Maybe when it's marketed/promoted they'll emphasise the Ku as a Q and pronounce it Q gar if you get my drift.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post