Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-04-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
motorex
Starter Motor

Default warranty

Hi i got 07 focus and in thinking of doing the exhaust, CAI and that type of stuff. just wonder what will happen to my warranty if i do this. or the should i just wait for it to fun out

thanx

motorex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
opium
XR Experiment

CAI will be fine but zorst I am not sure about.....anyone?
opium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
mudwaa

I was of the understanding that because these are things that wear and replaceable that its ok. Unlike putting in performance cams or head mods. But that said you should always check with your dealer.
mudwaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Any mods to any part of the car puts at 'risk' the warranty for those and other related parts. There is only one absolute truth and that is that if you leave it stock you eliminate any risk, if you mod it you take your chances.

IMO, if you re-engineer the intact plumbing than your warranty is at genuine risk, however if you simply add a CAI to the factory setup than you should be ok provided it’s done properly. The exhaust is a definite issue, small changes to the exhaust won’t gain you anything but a full custom setup will (should) result in some worthwhile gains but and this is the but, the ‘worthwhile’ gains result in distinct changes to the engine management system and I’m not sure if the factory tune has the flexibility to cope with this much change. There will be plenty of owners who will tell you that they have changed this and that and the car runs fine or better as a result but don’t be confused, those comments are testimonials not advise. If you still want to mod your car and keep your warrantee than you need to talk with Ford Aus, remember the dealer does not actually carry the warranty Ford does. The dealer can advise you but I think you can guess what they will say.

Good luck.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

It also depend on what the warranty claim is.

If you add exhust, and retune the ECU, then blow a piston........forget about warranty. But if you have the same mods and, say, the radio stops working, then you'd have no issues.

It all comes down to whether the modification could have caused the warranty issue
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #6
mudwaa

yes but if you hole a muffler or a manifold burns out. there is no requirement to replace it with OE components.
mudwaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post