Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
DragonMesh

Default Angel Eye Conversion MKII

Hey all, im thinking of getting these for my focus... any thoughts?

Angel Eyes

they currently cost 50 GBP then plus 9.95GBP for delivery to australia

so about $130?

DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
BlackLS
yum

If the car is South African built then they use a different glue for the headlights to the euro made cars. You won't be able to seperate the headlights. It means kits like this won't work.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
DragonMesh

wow thanks for the quick reply.. guess i wont be getting them then its a shame because i like the stock look of the focus headlights
DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #4
Spazzsfocus
RS Dreamer!

I like the look of the stock MK2 Focus headlights so much, I've even considered getting these bad boys for my LR! :

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=573

....but the $$$ and install process has put me off doing it.
Spazzsfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I think they'd look pretty good on the LR though.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

i know they're expensive, but why not get some factory high spec xenon projector headlights, they look bloody sweet.
they're on the euro equivelant to the XR5 (dont know the model code)
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

xenon projector lights are illegal in australia unless they have the washers installed on them as well

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #8
LUXO_8
windsor user

you have to be seriously unlucky to get picked up for it.
i have had my Accord Euro xenon retrofit installed for well over a year, before that i was running a xenon kit in my existing lights for 3 years, and havent even so much as been questioned about them.
its a funny situation, as far as i can tell, the washers are there to clear snow and ice from the lights in europe.... it just happens to be that they have become a requirement here,

for now, i just make sure to keep my headlights clean but a washer setup is something i'd like to do one day.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #9
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love xenon lights and I would love to have them in my car. But as the require a washer setup, I'm sure if i do the retrofit....I would get one pain in the bum copper who would pick on it and then I will have to retrofit the old ones back to get rid of the canary.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #10
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I was following a Xenon Light equipped car (I think it was a Honda) last night on the Hume Highway coming back from Wakefield Park and the first thing I noticed how clear the road ahead of them was.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
RJO89
EuroFordClub

But if it had been the xenon equipped car following you, the first thing you would have noticed would have been how you can no longer see after looking in the rear vision mirror

I'm personally in two minds about these xenon headlights. Yeah I understand how much better they are for the car, for the safety of driver and passengers, how much better they light up the road, etc etc. But coming from someone who has never had them or been in a car with them, the only thing I can comment on is how much I hate driving in front of one, or having one come the other way. They're terrible for other drivers on the road, or maybe my eyes are just too sensitive!!! :

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

nope. im with you on that. i have perfect vision, yet everytime one comes the other way i strugle to focus

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #13
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I can see where your coming from Regan (NO PUN INTENDED) but what really p.m.o. are these bogans who drive with their Fog Lights on at night and there isn't a fog within a 1000km's and also the number of cars with only one headlight.

Sean, How can you possibly struggle to focus when you're driving a Focus??

Old 09-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #14
BlackLS
yum

Stock xenon lights (HID) I'm ok with.

Its mainly people who put retrofit xenon lights not even in projector headlights, just normal halogen reflector headlights. These are probably the ones that blind you. Also the VZ Calais HID headlights are pretty glarey.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #15
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Stock xenon lights (HID) I'm ok with.

Its mainly people who put retrofit xenon lights not even in projector headlights, just normal halogen reflector headlights. These are probably the ones that blind you. Also the VZ Calais HID headlights are pretty glarey.
its funny, VY and VZ dont have HID, they just have a (reasonably) poor quality projector which gives an almost HID look, but certainly dont give the light quality.

i do agree, not a fan of HID kits into regular Halogen reflectors.... they're reasonable in a projector though