Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
Dgalle

Default Mondeo rear car seat cover

Hey all, I'm awaiting delivery of a 2017 Titanium wagon in Blazer Blue (not the.5 update). Have two young kids in car seats. Anyone recommend a car seat cover for the rear to protect the leather? Also, can you disable the rear seat heating?
Hoping to collect the car next week - can't wait, will be a bit of an upgrade from 2010 Fiesta!

2010 WT Fiesta Zetec, phantom blue.
Dgalle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mondeo rear car seat cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgalle View Post
Hey all, I'm awaiting delivery of a 2017 Titanium wagon in Blazer Blue (not the.5 update). Have two young kids in car seats. Anyone recommend a car seat cover for the rear to protect the leather? Also, can you disable the rear seat heating?
Hoping to collect the car next week - can't wait, will be a bit of an upgrade from 2010 Fiesta!
Welcome, nice choice of Mondeo there!
You will love the Sync3!

Seems odd that you are waiting for delivery of a MY17 model, there are plenty on the market...

As for the Seat Heaters, I imagine you could pull the fuse to disable the switches that are located on the back of the centre armrest (near air vents). Other than that, they can only be turned on at the switch and from what you say with kids in car seats, they will not be able to reach them.
One major thing to consider is that the rear outer seat belts are Air Bag (inflatable) seat belts. The buckle is different than anything else in the market. You will not be able to use seat belt extenders in the future when they go into booster seats...just a heads up!!!

Why dont you just use Safe-N-Sound seat protectors under the child seats. Why would you need something to go across the whole rear seat.

Unless you have kids that rule the roost and run a muck in the back seat. If that is the case, well good luck with that!!!
Old 02-08-2017, 08:58 PM   #3
Mondaveo

Seat Cover: I don't know if it's ideal, but I use a bench seat cover by Kurgo (it's a US brand marketed for dogs). I had a cheapie previously which disintegrated, so I went for this as it seems to be better quality. The size is spot on for the back seat of the MC, and it has multiple clips and straps to keep it secured (under seat, behind seat, over headrests and under backrest). Unfortunately, even with all these straps I still have problems with it sagging at the top and folding over at the corners. Also the velcro covers for the seatbelt buckle openings just get in the way, but the centre storage pocket is neat and it's definitely durable.

Heated seats: Can't say definitively for MD, but in the MC the power connectors are fairly easily accessible under the front seats and by lifting up the rear seat base. It should be a simple matter to disconnect them.

Make sure you share a pic once you have the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.

Last edited by Mondaveo; 02-08-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-08-2017, 01:33 AM   #4
Dgalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
Welcome, nice choice of Mondeo there!
You will love the Sync3!

Seems odd that you are waiting for delivery of a MY17 model, there are plenty on the market...
!!
Thanks for the advice! As for delivery, perhaps I used the wrong term. My local dealer didn't have one, so has sourced one from somewhere else (in Australia). Just waiting on them physically getting the car and then installing a tow bar before I get my hands on it.

2010 WT Fiesta Zetec, phantom blue.
Dgalle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2017, 08:02 AM   #5
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As Mondaveo said, connectors for seat heaters easily accessed by tipping squab forward.
Simply unplug!
Enjoy!!
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post