Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #271
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Not sure if it's the case this time however if it's anticpated that enough line workers may request leave for say a religious celebration then a down day may be scheduled to avoid hiccups.
I see. I thought it may have been something to do with stock levels, or sales levels.

It is a shame that the Wagon has done its dash. I always had a soft spot for them, but the 'traditional' wagon is slowly becoming irrelevant in today's market, as the market has fractured into 'SportWagons' and Soft Roaders (because I hate SUV). Unfortunately, there isn't enough of a market to sustain Territory and Wagon. We will never know the fate of Falcon Wagons if Territory didn't exist. We may well have our FG Sportswagon. I wonder what Telstra will move onto? A Diesel Territory may be a good option if they wish to use Australian built models.

Was there any fanfare for the Falcon Wagon at Broadmeadows today? I would like to hope they have done something for it.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #272
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Plant was shut down for planned annual leave on thus and fri for production and RDO on mon. Production workers have there annual leave planned by the company, they don't get a choice of when they can take it. Usually annual leave and RDO are planned around religious holidays, school holidays or in this case AFL GF.

Only a small presentation for the last wagon, nothing special or over the top.
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #273
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Not sure if it's the case this time however if it's anticpated that enough line workers may request leave for say a religious celebration then a down day may be scheduled to avoid hiccups.
That normally happens only for Chinese new year. Well and Christmas shutdown.
Old 30-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #274
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
That normally happens only for Chinese new year. Well and Christmas shutdown.
As well as Easter and Ramadan. They are not considered down days. Down days are scheduled due to production storages or lack of demand. On these days production workers stay at home and get paid 50%.
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #275
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
It is a shame that the Wagon has done its dash. I always had a soft spot for them, but the 'traditional' wagon is slowly becoming irrelevant in today's market, as the market has fractured into 'SportWagons' and Soft Roaders (because I hate SUV).
Just thinking about it, our family has owned from new an XP, XW, XE, XF, EL, BA, all wagons and now it's Terry's.
Dr Smith is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #276
Terrarize
Starter Motor

Thankgod for station wagons......buggered if im driving a Tarago or anything similar. A proper 4wd Territory would be great though.....anychance of a ranger/territory combo????
Terrarize is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #277
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrarize
Thankgod for station wagons......buggered if im driving a Tarago or anything similar. A proper 4wd Territory would be great though.....anychance of a ranger/territory combo????
They already make one called Everest. We don't get it in Australia, but that might change once the T6 based Ranger goes on sale.
Old 30-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #278
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
They already make one called Everest. We don't get it in Australia, but that might change once the T6 based Ranger goes on sale.
I was thinking about this very scenario today actually, and wondered how it would impact on the Territory. Given that the T6 is going to be a physically larger vehicle, an SUV version would be almost the same size as the Territory.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #279
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
I was thinking about this very scenario today actually, and wondered how it would impact on the Territory. Given that the T6 is going to be a physically larger vehicle, an SUV version would be almost the same size as the Territory.
They are two very different target markets. I want a Soft Roader. When you get used to the higher driving position, it is very hard to go back. What I don't want is an Offroader. Nissan can pull this off with the Pathfinder and Murano (which would sell a damn sight more if it wasn't ugly), and Toyota were able to pull it off with the 4Runner/Prado and Rav-4.

As long as the Edge/Explorer is still around in the Ford world, there will be a Territory. Whether Territory exists of its own right, or if it is imported from the USA as an Edgeplorer, remains to be seen, but I think Territory is safe for a while yet.
Old 30-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #280
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
They are two very different target markets. I want a Soft Roader. When you get used to the higher driving position, it is very hard to go back. What I don't want is an Offroader. Nissan can pull this off with the Pathfinder and Murano (which would sell a damn sight more if it wasn't ugly), and Toyota were able to pull it off with the 4Runner/Prado and Rav-4.
Yes. Which is why I am thinking that the two may just be able to get along. One will be a hard-core off roader and the other a soccer Mum SUV. You could even keep them separated by way of keeping the features/content of the T6 below the Territory and turn the Territory into a more upmarket car like Mazda have done with the CX9.

Toyota seem to have all the bases covered with the RAV4, Kluger, Prado and Landcruiser. 2 soft roaders and 2 hard core off roaders. Although I do still wonder why they made the RAV4 so close in size to the Kluger, but when you look at the feature sets of the two, that is how they keep them apart, as suggested above.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2010, 06:20 AM   #281
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

I think it would be cool for Ford to have a full range of crossover SUVs.
1)Ecosport (Fiesta/Figo based from South America)
2)Kuga or new US Escape
3)T6 Everest (That should have been called explorer)
4)Territory
5)Expedition (fitted with 4.4 or 6.7 V8 diesel)
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #282
flanagansrun
Starter Motor

Default Re: Anyone heard anything on the Falcon wagon yet?

Is anyway able to confirm the exact day the last petrol Ford Falcon Station Wagon rolled off the line. From earlier in this it looks like was to be June 2010...wondered if that is actually what it turned out to be. I understand the manufacture of the LPG ones was later.

Just got a June 2010 BF Falcon Wagon...a sticker inside the door says it was printed 28 June 2010 so wondering how close this wagon is to being the last?

Does anyone know exact dates?
flanagansrun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #283
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanagansrun View Post
Is anyway able to confirm the exact day the last petrol Ford Falcon Station Wagon rolled off the line. From earlier in this it looks like was to be June 2010...wondered if that is actually what it turned out to be. I understand the manufacture of the LPG ones was later.

Just got a June 2010 BF Falcon Wagon...a sticker inside the door says it was printed 28 June 2010 so wondering how close this wagon is to being the last?

I don't think they were allowed to make any after June 30 due to the new emmision laws. Not sure what day exactly was the last but it would have to be close.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #284
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
I was under the impression that a decision would be announced December/January, well thats come and gone and still no word.

Anyone heard anything on the grapevine, I guess no news is bad news, but with so many large fleets who plan orders months in advance I would assumed some news would be floating around by now.

A short while ago Burela changed his tune a little and said that Falcon wagon could be sold alongside of Mondeo rather than have Mondeo replace it - probably due to continuing stronger than expected Falcon wagon sales and lower than expected Mondeo wagon sales.

I am still waiting on a decision before trading in the current hauler, not that im hopeful but I just know I would kick myself no end if I went out and bought a Sportwagon and then knowing my luck find out the next day that the Falcon wagon was going to be updated. I was going to sign for the Holden in January, but thought Id keep waiting for the Falcon announcement. With the FG, in living memory I cannot remember a Falcon so much better than the opposing Commodore, so I continue to wait.

So any whispers from Ford or suppliers? any word on the next Telstra tool of trade vehicle?
I can confirm that it won't happen.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2017, 06:51 PM   #285
Olbucko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I was a visitor at the plant on Mon 28 June 2010 and I remember seeing a few wagons coming down the line.
Old 27-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #286
stock1991
Limited supply

drop the rear seat. paint the side windows black(from the inside) bit of a mattress, you all set
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2017, 10:28 PM   #287
flanagansrun
Starter Motor

Thanks Windsor220 and Olbucko for your info.

Olbucko it would have been good to see the line. It sounds like you were there the day mine was made...wel at least the sticker!

Anyone else know how you could find the exact date the last petrol Falcon was manufactured?
flanagansrun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2017, 01:04 PM   #288
Olbucko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks Windsor220 and Olbucko for your info.

Olbucko it would have been good to see the line. It sounds like you were there the day mine was made...wel at least the sticker!

Anyone else know how you could find the exact date the last petrol Falcon was manufactured?
I was there with a hundred other Falcons for the 50th anniversary, we spent the day at the plant, Ford took us on a tour of the plant, fed us. let us have a good look around, and at the end of the day selected 20 Falcons, one of each model, and let us drive them around the inside of the plant and down the line where some had started life 50 years ago

https://youtu.be/xqUxQ7nE65c
Old 28-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #289
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Timely thread mine!

I've just arrived in Yass, 2 days into our 9 day trip from Adelaide to Sydney and return to watch our Daughters sport.
We thought we'd take our time and stop at various towns for a look along the way and stretch it over 3 days.

The weapon of choice is my BF3 Egas wagon and what a ride, so comfortable for touring around, 4 adults, fully loaded luggage compartment and returning 12.8l/100km with A/C on from Barmera and paying between 69.9 (Mildura independent) and 76.9cpl (Caltex Wagga) so sub $100 thus far for the 1100km we've covered.
That's 4cyl territory!
I'd calculated we'd use around $250 worth of gas for the 2800km return trip which is looking bang on the money at this stage.

I still find it hard to believe that more people didn't buy these things when they were in production, bloody great car for our big country.

Egas Wagon..FTW!
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #290
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Bent_8
If you get a chance drop in at Gunning 36km north of Yass towards Sydney, nice little town. Bailey's garage is worth a picture, you can follow the Old Hume up over the Cullerin range back to the superslab.
Worth the detour.
Great car the wagons.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #291
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Bent_8
If you get a chance drop in at Gunning 36km north of Yass towards Sydney, nice little town. Bailey's garage is worth a picture, you can follow the Old Hume up over the Cullerin range back to the superslab.
Worth the detour.
Great car the wagons.
Will it bring me back to the slab before Belangelo, I've got a real interest for Aussie crime and want some pics of the memorial to the backpackers.
Old 28-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #292
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Will it bring me back to the slab before Belangelo, I've got a real interest for Aussie crime and want some pics of the memorial to the backpackers.
Easy, it rejoins the Hume about 30ks down the road, well before Goulburn.

The Belanglo State Forest is about 45mins on the Syd side of Goulburn.
Old 28-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #293
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Gunning it is then, cheers.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2017, 09:21 PM   #294
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Timely thread mine!

I've just arrived in Yass, 2 days into our 9 day trip from Adelaide to Sydney and return to watch our Daughters sport.
We thought we'd take our time and stop at various towns for a look along the way and stretch it over 3 days.

The weapon of choice is my BF3 Egas wagon and what a ride, so comfortable for touring around, 4 adults, fully loaded luggage compartment and returning 12.8l/100km with A/C on from Barmera and paying between 69.9 (Mildura independent) and 76.9cpl (Caltex Wagga) so sub $100 thus far for the 1100km we've covered.
That's 4cyl territory!
I'd calculated we'd use around $250 worth of gas for the 2800km return trip which is looking bang on the money at this stage.

I still find it hard to believe that more people didn't buy these things when they were in production, bloody great car for our big country.

Egas Wagon..FTW!
Oops, forgot to update this since arriving home.

For those interested, after travelling the 2905km round trip, coming back via Bathurst which pushed the average fuel consumption out to 12.3l/100km, we managed to complete the journey on $265 of LPG.
Was telling a friend this and he basically called me a bloody liar as there's no way I could do it for that much apparently.
So I showed him the receipts and did the math...lol

Nearly got the old girl stuck in the Belanglo Forest which made all on board a little nervous
That fire track into the backpacker memorial is not suitable for anything other than 4x4's as we discovered.

And a heads up to anyone passing through Hay and looking for a nice place to lay down for the night, the Highway Inn Motel just off the main street on the road to West Wyalong was perfect in every way, spacious, modern and affordable.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2017, 07:23 PM   #295
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm looking for a wagon right now with some poke and how I wish they made a factory turbo wagon or even an F6 wagon... What's more incredible is the amount of Holden V8 wagons available for sale (which I don't want). Ford could have had that market.
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2017, 05:49 PM   #296
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oops, forgot to update this since arriving home.

For those interested, after travelling the 2905km round trip, coming back via Bathurst which pushed the average fuel consumption out to 12.3l/100km, we managed to complete the journey on $265 of LPG.
Was telling a friend this and he basically called me a bloody liar as there's no way I could do it for that much apparently.
So I showed him the receipts and did the math...lol

Nearly got the old girl stuck in the Belanglo Forest which made all on board a little nervous
That fire track into the backpacker memorial is not suitable for anything other than 4x4's as we discovered.

And a heads up to anyone passing through Hay and looking for a nice place to lay down for the night, the Highway Inn Motel just off the main street on the road to West Wyalong was perfect in every way, spacious, modern and affordable.
Geeze that gas was cheap mate.
I did a similar length trip last Christmas, furthest point from home was esperance and some of the gas prices in the bush were outrageous. In some places I was paying slightly more for 98. Gas was around $1.45 per litre.
It was so high I remember thinking you wouldn't want a dedicated gas setup out here.
It's like they are trying to kill off gas in remote wa by pricing.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2017, 10:37 PM   #297
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Fine, That Wagon !
Long gone now, but.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2017, 10:41 PM   #298
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG50T View Post
I'm looking for a wagon right now with some poke and how I wish they made a factory turbo wagon or even an F6 wagon... What's more incredible is the amount of Holden V8 wagons available for sale (which I don't want). Ford could have had that market.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2017, 11:34 AM   #299
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

F6 driveline with solid rear leaf suspension - what can go wrong ? :-)
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #300
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

Worked in the ute... Patience would be a virtue. Good fun!
2000 Ford Falcon Wagon Egas
2000 Honda Accord V6L SVI dual fuel
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1982 ZK Fairlane 302 six seater
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.