Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
Berettus

Default Dash Clock Problem (XF) & 1985 Air Con Re-gas

Hey everyone. I've picked up a 1985 XF Falcon Sedan.

One minor but annoying problem I've noticed is with the dash clock, the digital one next to the speedo. In all but one XF I've seen, the clock either doesn't work at all, or flashes on and off irregularly while driving, resetting the clock each time. While it is on it can be adjusted, but of course it goes off again soon after.

How do I fix this? Obviously it's a wiring problem, can I bridge out the clock? It would be very handy if it worked - and it must be poorly designed, I've seen several XFs with the same prob. What's the cause, and how do I fix it.

Also, my air conditioning is out of gas. The thing operates, but blows out room temp air. Seeing as it is a 1985 model, am I correct in assuming that it's the old, non-environmentally friendly gas, that I can't buy anywhere? Or can I? Is my air con useless, as it's out of date and can't be regassed (if I can it would cost much, much more than today's cars?)

Thanks for your help. :

Brett Enright.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post