Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 24-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #1
Mustang Dave

Default Tire pressure

What tyre pressure should I run in my street tyres when I go the track?

Mustang Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Depends on what tyres you have, on a street tyre you would be safe with 36 psi as a base pressure do a couple of laps then come in and check pressure again while hot staying close to or under 40 psi this is for circuit racing

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club

Last edited by GRNKPR; 24-07-2005 at 09:00 PM.
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #3
eb six on boost
NO CARBON TAX

take cheap pump with ya and drop to 20psi max. ideal about 15 imo
Atomic performance engine, powerglide, coan converter, gtx55 turbo, 2000hp plazmaman water to air, 100mm throttle body, twin 50mm gates, side exit exhausts, 18 x 2200cc injectors, ems 8860 and race dash.......
7.83 @ 177 MPH

1100+ rwhp @ 40psi

the first 7 second sohc ! eat it

1993 eb falcon 15.4 @ 90mph (tow car)
eb six on boost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 09:29 PM   #4
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

It depends on whether your talking strip or track
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 09:35 PM   #5
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

also dont you spell tire as tyre

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
toby123
Boosted TQE FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
It depends on whether your talking strip or track
Seeing as though its in the Drag racing section, i think he might be talking about the strip....

Project: EF Falcon Turbo... Not long till back on the road.....
toby123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 09:52 PM   #7
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby123
Seeing as though its in the Drag racing section, i think he might be talking about the strip....

Good point. but I found it under new posts, not the drag racing section

that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it

ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 09:56 PM   #8
Mustang Dave

Um strip out:

Couple of laps? :

They are not great tyres (very hard compound) 235/60/15 hankook dynamic :
Mustang Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 10:07 PM   #9
rodderz

Everyone I've talked to has kept their street tyres at normal pressures...ie with 18's 38psi or so will be fine

Some people have tried lower psi's into the low 20's but it slows down mph and the harder sidewalls of street tyres wont expand out enough as per drag tyres to get the grip without losing roll
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #10
SLY XR8
Who's your Daddy now

If your going to run street tyers 25 is good if your wheel spinning drop them a bit more. wouldn't go lower than 20 though.

If they are a hard compound as u say do a nice burn out get them hot and sticky.