Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 24-07-2005, 02:22 PM   #1
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Weight and ET's

I had a look under my car the other day and noticed my heavy duty tow pack
is massive, took it off today man its heavy should be good for about 50+kg.
What difference do you guys think it would make to my ET if anything.

Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Hi Wade, 50kg is 50kg every bit you get rid of will help.
I have seen many weight reduction measures..
just depends how far you want to go with weight reduction, i have seen cars on the start line and an official is taping on his window to tell him something, but the driver couldn't wind the window down because he had removed all the window mechanisms and motor from inside the door.
Some take off power steering pump and A/C Pump, its how dedicated and how you choose to run.
I have taken off my tailgate a few times, but couldn't be bothered removing my aftermarket AMP and larger speakers.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #3
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Most racers used to think every 100 lbs was worth approx 1 tenth, not sure if this theory is still relevant
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #4
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Weight is the enemy. The more you can get rid of the better your power to weight ratio and your ET.

I have seen cars with no back or passenger seats, spare wheel, and or anything else that can be unbolted in a mornings work and isn't need on the strip.

Of course you have to ask yourself is it worth the hassle?
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #5
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Hi Wade, 50kg is 50kg every bit you get rid of will help.
I have seen many weight reduction measures..
just depends how far you want to go with weight reduction, i have seen cars on the start line and an official is taping on his window to tell him something, but the driver couldn't wind the window down because he had removed all the window mechanisms and motor from inside the door.
Some take off power steering pump and A/C Pump, its how dedicated and how you choose to run.
I have taken off my tailgate a few times, but couldn't be bothered removing my aftermarket AMP and larger speakers.
Hey Mark,
I have thought about taking my tailgait off but a 5am thursday(after drags) morning its bad enough changing my tyres and putting all my tools back in let alone trying to put my tailgate back on by myself(yeh right).
Thanks for your input mate.
Old 24-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #6
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Most racers used to think every 100 lbs was worth approx 1 tenth, not sure if this theory is still relevant
So 50+kg(110+pounds) should see another PB on wednesday (if conditions are good)
Old 24-07-2005, 07:47 PM   #7
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
So 50+kg(110+pounds) should see another PB on wednesday (if conditions are good)
Yep.
Go with low fuel too and your up for a PB.
2V powahhhhh
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 08:26 PM   #8
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking

Quote:

Come on Wade, go for it! Spare tyre, jack, towbar and tailgate, if you get them all off I'll be there to see you go for it again...
Old 24-07-2005, 08:53 PM   #9
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
Come on Wade, go for it! Spare tyre, jack, towbar and tailgate, if you get them all off I'll be there to see you go for it again...
Trying to knock off that guy with the 13.293 ET fogot his name LOL.
Old 24-07-2005, 09:09 PM   #10
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking

Quote:
Trying to knock off that guy with the 13.293 ET fogot his name LOL.
Forget about that idiot, it's your turn.
Old 24-07-2005, 09:23 PM   #11
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
Forget about that idiot, it's your turn.
Ok your forgotten lol.