Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 24-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #1
SP Ken

Default Bundy Long Weekend

G'day All,

Just a reminder that this weekend, yes 29 Apr - 01 May 06 is the Annual Bundaberg Long Weekend Trip. This is a great social weekend with lots to do and see (I hear that Bundy makes a product up there that is reasonably famous, I saw some sugar from there once maybe that's it).

For info on this trip please consult your events calendar or contact Genelle and Jeff.

I know we have a full calendar but this is a trip not to miss.

Cheers,

Ken

Old 24-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We'll be there! We haven't been to Bundaberg in many years so we are looking forward to this one.
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
lightninGStrike FPV

We'll be there, the T should have cooled down by then and ready for another run.
lightninGStrike FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
SP Ken

G'day Again,

Just a quick one for anyone that hasn't booked accommodation yet. The three motels on the list are booked out but I booked through www.wotif.com and found a motel (The Bert Hinkler) within a block or two of the others. There is still rooms left at other motels close by as well but they are filling fast. There is some sort of Cricket and or Hockey thing on this weekend so rooms will go fast. So give Wotif a go as booking and paying online is very comparable to the Club prices at the listed motels.

Cheers,

Ken
Old 27-04-2006, 10:46 AM   #5
747FLI

Default Bundy

Can someone advise what time we anticipate passing the Ettamogah Pub on Saturday morning? And, are there any other Sunny Coasters heading up to Bundy? If so we can meet up and wait for the pack to come through? Andrew and I will be aboard :eclipsee_ "rbl08". Let's hope it's not a good night at the Surf Club on Friday! :sm_drool:
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #6
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747FLI
Can someone advise what time we anticipate passing the Ettamogah Pub on Saturday morning? And, are there any other Sunny Coasters heading up to Bundy? If so we can meet up and wait for the pack to come through? Andrew and I will be aboard :eclipsee_ "rbl08". Let's hope it's not a good night at the Surf Club on Friday! :sm_drool:
Brisbane crew are leaving 7.00am sharp, so they should be at the Ettamogah by 8.00am. We'll be joining the group at the Matilta, south of Gympie around the 8.45-9.00 mark. See you Saturday.
Old 27-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #7
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This will be the first cruise we have ever missed...sadly I dont think Mitchy could "do" a whole three days of driving and still remain human lol (is he 18 yet?)....Have a great time guys, i am insanely jealous! See you all at the next cruise...
Lissa
Old 28-04-2006, 02:03 PM   #8
Kriaun
FORD & ALL BLACKS FOR EVA

Thumbs up Bundy Weekend

Hello all

Never been to Bundy before so we might head there tomorrow for a drive with the misses.

Where abouts is it going to be held we will be coming from Gladstone I kind of know how to get there but once im there I will be lost?

Are there any Gladstone / Rocky people going? if so maybe we can meet up somewhere and tag along so we dont get lost.

Will be keen to pick up a sticker there for the back window.

Cheers

KRIAUN

Kristy & Shaun
Kriaun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #9
747FLI

Default Bundy Weekend

Kriaun,

Send "BOSS 8" a PM and Jeff or Genelle will give you all the details. I spoke to Tucky from Rocky and he said no CQ'ers were heading down to Bundy as far as he knew this weekend. See you in Bundy mate!

Dave
Old 28-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #10
BOSS 8
FG GT

Thanks 747FLI PM recieved and Answered :ticking:
BOSS 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #11
SP Ken

G'day All,

Well 13 cars made the trip up to Bundy and we have had a couple of local cars join us for a total of 15 for the weekend. We settled into the motels and have visited Mecca (the Bundy factory) already this arvo. We are off to dinner tonight and Malcom has a full day planned for us tomorrow so it looks like it will be a great weekend. wish you all were here,

Ken
Old 30-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #12
SP Ken

G'day All,

We are having a whale of a time, wish you were here. We have done the tourist rounds today and had a pleasant lunch beside the sea. Tonight is a BBQ at local member Malcolm's place.

Just a news update on a well liked member of the Club David D... from Caloundra formally known as MOC - Mayor of Caloundra. I say formally as he will be known forever more (by Presidential Decree) as Skippy. Picture this a long line of Henry's finest all shiny and proud moving through the very busy main street of Bundaburg with all and sundry watching with a mixture of envy and admiration. Smack dab in the middle of the group is the man formally known as MOC driving someone else's Black BA XR8 (with gold wheels and a panther on the bonnet). Now he is looking cool nodding his head to the gathered throng when all co-ordination between throttle and clutch went out the window and he proceeded to "Kangaroo" the car down the road to much laughing and jeering from the crowd. So in punishment for bringing the reputation of both himself and his fellow club members into disrepute he shall be known as Skippy forever more and will only ever answer to "What's up Skip?".

Cheers,

Ken
Old 30-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #13
xr6per

Default Bundy run

Hi Ken

Thanks for the updates. Good to hear that you are all having a good time in Bundy. Could't make the trip this year, my car is at BBF getting the diff rebuilt. See you all on another run soon. Have a good time and a safe trip home.

Cheers Per
xr6per is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 08:55 PM   #14
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon Ken
G'day All,

We are having a whale of a time, wish you were here. We have done the tourist rounds today and had a pleasant lunch beside the sea. Tonight is a BBQ at local member Malcolm's place.

Just a news update on a well liked member of the Club David D... from Caloundra formally known as MOC - Mayor of Caloundra. I say formally as he will be known forever more (by Presidential Decree) as Skippy. Picture this a long line of Henry's finest all shiny and proud moving through the very busy main street of Bundaburg with all and sundry watching with a mixture of envy and admiration. Smack dab in the middle of the group is the man formally known as MOC driving someone else's Black BA XR8 (with gold wheels and a panther on the bonnet). Now he is looking cool nodding his head to the gathered throng when all co-ordination between throttle and clutch went out the window and he proceeded to "Kangaroo" the car down the road to much laughing and jeering from the crowd. So in punishment for bringing the reputation of both himself and his fellow club members into disrepute he shall be known as Skippy forever more and will only ever answer to "What's up Skip?".

Cheers,

Ken
Ken I see the ex MOC did not Wyn that argument : three pedals can be hard to master
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #15
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up

What a top weekend! Thanks to all who organised the trip and a special thanks to Malcolm and Kathy (and Malcolm's M&D) for their fine hospitality and well organised tour of Bundy and surrounds. We'll be marking down the Bundy trip in our calendar for next year for sure.

Ash
Old 01-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #16
SP Ken

G'day All,

Well we are home after a very good weekend. I know sometimes we can get a bit blasé about some events like the Bundy trip ("how many times can you go to the Rum Factory?"). I am guilty of this at times but what we all forget, and me included, is the reason we all joined and stay members of this awesome Club of ours. It is the great company that we enjoy that makes weekends like the one we just had.

Sue, Kane and I want to thank everybody that made the trip up and back, without you it would have been just a tour of the factory. There were so many "had to be there" moments other clubbies will be wondering what we are on about next time we get together. Moments like the birth of Skippy (mentioned in dispatches above), Big Rob L who will be known as the Bumble Bee from now on, Wyn the Headlight Nazi - "no headlights for you, one year" and not forgetting Councilor Malcolm, well he must be as the Bundy Council are talking to him so much about the race track he has build on his spare block. See the other clubbies are scratching their heads already.

On a serious note as President I would like to thank Kathy and Malcolm for their unreserved hospitality and time over the weekend. We went places we didn't last year and without your local knowledge we wouldn't have seen half the places you took us. Big Mal please thank your Dad for his informative talk on Cane and showing us his cars and your Mum for her outstanding Pumpkin Scones (Lady Flo hang your head in shame your scones don't come close).

Again thanks to all for making it a great weekend. See you all soon,

Ken
Old 01-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #17
blkpuss
Drive Hard/Play Hard!!!

Default Bundy Weekend

Ditto to Kens last post, Malcom, Cathy and family are great hosts, thanks guys....By the way, for all those who are wondering about the condition of my car, ( after the birth of Skippy! ) she lived to fight another day!!!!!
C U All at the Ettamoogah run !!!!!
blkpuss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #18
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Default Moc

Glad you had a ball, talk to you later skip, a few of us CQer's had a great impromptu weekend out west at Blackwater complete with Rodeo and the GT car club show at Emerald. We met up with Jason Bright, had our cars signed and some good photos. Will catch up with u all at Willowbank.
Tucky
Still MOR
Old 01-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #19
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Sounds like a weekend to remember, I will make sure that Nat and I can make it along next year. Look forward to seeing some pics.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 05:18 PM   #20
747FLI

Unhappy Hop, Skip and a Jump for the Bush Kangaroo

Dear XR ---- Stirrers!!!

Well, what can I say, my quest to test drive as many club cars as I can has now been dashed! Foxy's GT...all sweet, Andrew's TEish Rebel...no worries, the 747, well, I'm allowed to drive that one! But wait, so the girls can enjoy the country side, I agree to see how one of the black ones goes! So in the midst of showing off the tremendous burble it just went jumpety jump jump jump...bugger...clearly there is a problem with the car that needs addressing...huh..."The Driver"!!! So now the Mayor of Caloundra has been voted out and told to head bush! To go and see Clancy that is!!! Well, at least I wasn't the only one who got affiliated with Australian wildlife cause Rob is also now Mr Dobee the Bee! We'll get em Rob!

But what a great weekend, tea and scones in the cane fields with the Bundy Bloke's Folks, lunch at the beach, some great touring around and a view from the only lookout, some great meals and then to really top it off, "Mad Max in Bundy". Yep, Mal's adjusted cane field has become the bush bash race track from heaven. And although a friendly Local Law Officer from Bundy Council had to respond to some bored whinger, we hit the track in one wild ol' 308...and yes those digits are correct and I will say no more of the breed!
:

Thank you all for yet another cracker weekend and I shall see many of you in Caloundra City to meet the Bowden's...and until then, I can prepare myself for an inevitable Gee-Up...special thanks must go to Mal and Kath for your great organisation...to young Dan for letting me rip it up around the track on your 2 wheeled XR and to young Mel for a bumpy ride around on the quad...one hell of a backyard that one!

The Caloundra Skippy!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #21
BOSS 8
FG GT

Well It was a great weekend and I had a ball playing with all the kids. the rum was as usual and we enjoyed a few rumbies after dinner in the carpark at the motel with friends. Mal, Kathy you are wonderful people and we had a ball me, riding around in the ute with Mally, Melanie giving me a ride aorund the paddock on the quad. Daniel is also my new special friend taking the time to show me how to get the choccies out of the machine. the meals were great too. top weekend with top people. We'll be there for sure next year.
Also, skip did you ring Oscar? : : : : :

Bossie and Boss alias (Genelle &Jeff)
BOSS 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #22
747FLI

Default $$$

Jeff,

Just got the number off the net and ringing once I get home from the folks this afternoon...good as done mate.

Dave
Old 01-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #23
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Well what a weekend. Great country hospitality, great food, good cocktails, courtesy buses, maxi taxi we left our impression on many people in Bundaberg. These are just a few photos.

Group shot at Mal & Kathees

Skippy on his new XR and he has now tried a few. Thanks Mel for the ride on the quad bike to house for a wee break.

The cars lined up on the lawn at Mals parents place.

Mustn't forget Mamminos for our ice cream or two.
Thanks Bundy crew and Chris and I will definately be back.
Will be hard to beat this weekend again.
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #24
gmcclimo
Starter Motor

RE: Bundy Trip

I would just like to say that Gil & Chris Thoroughly enjoyed the Bundy Trip as well. Because of family commitments we left at 5am this morning. But guess what Chris got to drive the XR8 all the way home. Still having difficulty using this site would be grateful of some help

Catch you next weekend

Chris & Gil
gmcclimo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 07:52 PM   #25
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747FLI
then to really top it off, "Mad Max in Bundy". Yep, Mal's adjusted cane field has become the bush bash race track from heaven.
Oh yeah! I thoroughly enjoyed my half a dozen hot laps, and my son enjoyed it even more...

Mad Mal 4 Beyond Bundadome
Old 01-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #26
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Default More Pics

Just a couple more pics from our excellent weekend away

Old 01-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #27
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The pics look great, and it sounds like you all had a blast..

Glad everyone made it back safe!

I am so disappointed that I couldn't afford to have gone.. Definitely next year though... sounds like an awesome weekend away :eclipsee_
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #28
lightninGStrike FPV

Once again had a fantastic time with this club.
What a great bunch of people. It was good to get to know everybody on a more personal level. Had a few laughs a few bundys sorry to say taste like crap : great town though. And of cause the whole reason well all came together our cars and a well planned cruise. Thanks goes out to all involved as usual. Special thanks to Mal & Cathy for their very generous hospitality.
lightninGStrike FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #29
The Force
Rebel

Had a great weekend in Bundy, again a special thanks to Mal,Cathy and family for your hospitality and tour of Bundy.

P.S After dropping Skippy : off at Waratah Park now known as Currimundi he was last seen free roaming on the grounds in search of a XXXX gold.

Andrew (Rebel)

Proud Owner FPV Force 8 #85 EGO Boss 302
Founding Member New and Classic Ford Assoc #001
New and Classic Ford Association of Australia Inc
Proudly sponsored by:
"HOGS BREATH CAFÉ"
Proudly Supported by:
"QUEENSLAND POLICE CREDIT UNION"
The Force is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #30
malfunction
Stress Free