Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 08-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Default Tassie Trip 2006

As I'm not allowed to go as I've got year 12 exams, was just wondering who is lucky enough to be going on this trip? Parents have booked their ferry and accommodation and are leaving me at home for two weeks :newangel: NOT fair as after Darwin and Phillip Island I was looking forward to another run.

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
747FLI

Default Symmons Plains Raceway

Hey there little Fox,

I'll be there mate as you know. 747FLI, the Fox GT and Andrew's big bad blue AU RBL08 are in convoy and taking the ferry out of Sydney early in the week. We all drove together down the Newell to Phillip Island so the ferry out of Sydney, under the Harbour Bridge and past the Opera House with a beer in hand on the deck is going to be pretty hard to beat!!! :

We then pick up the Tuckies and the Black Panthers from the airport on the Thursday evening so I think there will be a few hangovers trackside on the Friday at Symmons...oh well!!! :

Don't worry there Little Fox, we'll be thinking of you...nah, we'll be getting smashed actually...yehaa!!! :baby bott

Dave
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #3
TAN066
Starter Motor

Default Tassie Trip

Otherwise know as the tea totallers trip of Tassie! The Smileys Gt will also be leaving from Rocky with the Foxes and will also be childless as smilebaby has yr 12 exams. Little smiley thinks the whole idea sucks as his sister will have to look after him. Not looking forward to the ship crossing Bass strait as a little rough weather makes me a little ill! Not sure whether sharing the ship cabin with the foxes on the way over is a good idea as I may make a some very sickly noises due to sea sickness. Never mind only one night! Cant wait bring it on and looking forward to meeting some other clubbies! :the_finge
TAN066 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #4
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking Hay all

Hay all its the real little fox hear not mum posing as me, well it will be sad to miss a great trip and catch up but i got my L's monday and that means 6 months till P's so after that ill come down every chance i can get, and ill bring the GT hahahahaha, you and me dave, gold coast. : :hihi: well hope to catch up soon, or just before you all go, have fun.

Little fox

*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

Old 09-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #5
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Default Josh is not going to Tassie

Josh mate
Just think,
You can "borrow" your mothers four wheel drive while we are away and pose around East Street and pick up chicks and then take them home to "your" ranch, you will not even think about us after we have gone.
Don't forget I am not flying out until the Thursday, so I will keep my eye on you for the first week that your olds are away. :dj:
Old 09-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
747FLI

Default Symmons Plains

Hey Josh,

We'll be seeing you for Bathurst matey so we can rub it right in then that you'll be doing exams etc while we will be watching clowns driving straight past the hairpin at Symmons...no comment on stealing the Fox GT to go and party on the Goldie because I know your Mum will dong me on the head this weekend!!!

Head in the Books Brother! : : : : :
Old 11-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #7
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking Bathurst

Well dave when you come down for bathurst i should have been terrorising the roads for a few months so if you wanna drink ill drive you around this great town of rocky and the tuckmister can give you a guided tour. haha. : :

Little fox

*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Old 11-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #8
blkpuss
Drive Hard/Play Hard!!!

Smile Poor Josh, now, who can I pick on!!!!!

: I'll be doing the Sydney Ferry trip too, should be a blast!!! Don't worry Josh, I'll miss your great comments!!!!
blkpuss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
Black Panther

Little Fox what can I say but get stuck into those books boy, it will be all worth it when you finish school and you get a high paying job and you can buy your own GT :sm_headba . Tess & I are all booked in and are flying out Thursday only to be greeted by your lovely parents at the airport. The taxi's in Tassie are great (GT'S) nothing like travelling in style : . We promise to look after them so you don't need to worry about them : : .
All jokes a side mate we will miss your cute little face and your great sense of humour when you have had one stubbie : (OK no we won't) We will take lots of photo's, see you later.
P.S Glen told me today the only thing you are allowed to drive with four wheels is your ride on mower :hihi: :hihi:
Black Panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #10
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking Haha

HAHA sure dean ill get straight into that study as soon as i can : . Well as of 2day the GT is a cowboys supported machine, haha. Seen in brissy by the cowboys they stopped training and pointed as it drove up the road. HAHA I got them for the game 2 moro against the broncs. Well better get off the net and watch the raiders beat the sea eagles or else im losin $20. later

Little fox

*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Old 12-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #11
The Force
Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
Well dave when you come down for bathurst i should have been terrorising the roads for a few months so if you wanna drink ill drive you around this great town of rocky and the tuckmister can give you a guided tour. haha. : :

Little fox

Hey Josh I hope I can have the back seat for the guided tour and pub crawl.

Andrew

Proud Owner FPV Force 8 #85 EGO Boss 302
Founding Member New and Classic Ford Assoc #001
New and Classic Ford Association of Australia Inc
Proudly sponsored by:
"HOGS BREATH CAFÉ"
Proudly Supported by:
"QUEENSLAND POLICE CREDIT UNION"
The Force is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 08:30 AM   #12
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Plane Tickets booked. Tagging along with the Tuckmiester. Can't wait!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #13
747FLI

Default MNM & Tuckies

That's great news MNM and I am sure that there wont be an unpleasant word at all on the way down..huh! I have also spken to Tony and Deb and they'll be there for Tassie as well, though they're going via the Newell.

Deb, talk Tony into coming from Sydney because the trip out of there is going to be fantastic? The money spent on the ferry will be the around the same cost for fuel! :

Dave
Old 14-03-2006, 12:07 PM   #14
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

SAMOC,
If I keep him juiced up on Scotch on the plane, we should be fine.

Room booked and sorted this morning. We're there : !
Old 15-03-2006, 08:48 AM   #15
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

MOC
As long as he is not LATE and doesn't tell me or the pilot how to drive :
Gunna be a long way to Brisbane
MOR
Old 17-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #16
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucky
MOC
As long as he is not LATE and doesn't tell me or the pilot how to drive :
Gunna be a long way to Brisbane
MOR
If both you and the pilot do your 'drive' jobs correctly, no comments from me!
Old 22-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #17
Mk II

Well after reading of all the fun I must admit I wish I was going to be there. At least Fox and Smiley have a reason to stay at home, i'm only in year 11 and wont have any exams on, but mums excuse is we are flying straight past you!!! Not good enough if you ask me, maybe i might have to go to rocky and stay at foxes for a couple of weeks and go cruising and pickin up chicks with him. : Im also hanging out for the bathurst weekend so i can catch up with you all, and maybe 1 of my good friends in particular :Up_to_som

Cya and have fun
Mk II
Mk II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 06:59 PM   #18
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking Hay MK11

OI, haha well exams are mums excuse so concider yourself lucky, oh well the picking up chicks part sounds all to good, and with tucky there we will have no trouble HAHAHA : . Well bathurst shall be fun and see MKII and all the clubbies at morgan park, well who are going that is.

Little fox

*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Old 22-03-2006, 08:41 PM   #19
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk II
Im also hanging out for the bathurst weekend so i can catch up with you all, and maybe 1 of my good friends in particular :Up_to_som

Cya and have fun
Mk II

:ticking: :ticking: :ticking: :ticking: :ticking: !!!!! :thebirds:
Old 23-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #20
Mk II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
:ticking: :ticking: :ticking: :ticking: :ticking: !!!!! :thebirds:
What are you trying to say MNM? Im looking forward to seeing every one, its just one particular member of the gang that I am looking forward to seeing more then the others, if you can get my drift??? :
Old 23-03-2006, 03:52 PM   #21
HSE2

What’s the date of this event? Make sure you check out the FPV car club of Tassie as we might be able to organise an event for you guys like we did with the XR6turbo forum. Web address. www.tastickfordclub.asn.au
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 12:46 AM   #22
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Default Ha Ha

Hey there MKII, they special members me isnt it, you love me mate just addmit it, haha. Oh sorry theres no beaches nearby this time so no chance of taking off. Cant wait to c ya at morgan park. later

Little fox :evilsasmo

*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Old 26-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #23
Mk II

Default Yeah right Fox.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
Hey there MKII, they special members me isnt it,
Yes fox.... Im just totally hangin out to see you
: Because there isnt a umm, rather good looking female among our ranks that may take preference over you at all : But I am looking forward to seeing you at Morgan Park, bring it on :eclipsee_

Have fun
Mk II
Old 26-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #24
747FLI

Default Hse2

HSE2,

Thanks for the suggestion and the offer regarding our trip to Tassie. We will be down in early November for the V8's. I shall ask of our club management to respond and hopefully get something organised for around the time of our long trip to your shores!

Cheers,

747FLI
Old 28-03-2006, 10:51 PM   #25
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Because there isnt a umm, rather good looking female among our ranks that may take preference over you at all :
Mk II

Hey Lil Josh,

Smiley Baby has been seeing somebody, and I think he may be back dooring you mate, Soz! :the_finge :
Old 29-03-2006, 12:10 PM   #26
Mk II

Quote:
Hey Lil Josh,

Smiley Baby has been seeing somebody, and I think he may be back dooring you mate, Soz! :the_finge :
Yes well i do know about chris, but i ask, how do you know i was refering to smiley baby??? also i dont think chris will be all that interested in what i say about smiley baby any more.

Cya and have fun
Mk II
Old 29-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #27
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
how do you know i was refering to smiley baby???
Mk II

You better have not been refering to me! : I spose I am kinda hot
Old 30-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #28
Mk II

Quote:
You better have not been refering to me! : I spose I am kinda hot
Yes mick, you are a gorgeous looking man, but so is tucky you know, maybe i was referinmg to him :

Mk II
Old 30-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #29
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Default settle

K boys settle down, i know you 2 are dieing to see each other but please keep you "talk" to each other, gettin kinda weird. Anyways school finishes 2moro and that means 2 weeks of sleep : and after that is morgan park, sorry mick looks like im gunna see your "mate" before i do

Later

Little fox

*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Old 10-04-2006, 09:23 AM   #30
747FLI

Question Car Covers

Back to Topic - I was speaking to some of our crew during the Adelaide race about the "Spirit of Tasmania" trip and had a laugh about my brother saying that we should have the cars covered although they are down in the depths of the ship. Well, it was advised that the salt spray is still pretty vicious down there and that we should have them covered??? Any educated guesses or thoughts from those driving down, and anyone else or course?! :