Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-02-2023, 05:51 PM   #1
Au futura

Default Cheap AU Monroe struts Repco

Gday all, so was putting some super low King springs in my AU today and noticed the struts had been leaking, so decided to replace them. Had a look on Supercheap website and $192 each for Monroe GT gas shock absorber 35-0447, don't normally look on Repco website because usually they're more expensive but they have the same thing on clearance $112 each, so anyone thinking about changing their front struts, this is a bargain price. I'm in Victoria, but I'm guessing this would be Straya wide.

2002 AU Falcon MK III SR Sedan Dual Fuel

2019 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport (Mrs ride)

Previous rides

1981 XD Falcon GL 4.1 Dual Fuel
1979 XD Fairmont 4.9 Dual Fuel
1985 XF Falcon GL 4.1 Dual Fuel
1979 XD S Pack 5.8 Stroker Dual Fuel
1985 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1 Dual Fuel
1995 EF Falcon GLI 4.0 Dual Fuel
1998 AU Futura 4.0 Duel Fuel
Au futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2023, 07:55 PM   #2
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cheap AU Monroe struts Repco

I wouldn't be putting GT Gas shocks in with super low springs. They are designed for normal or sometimes low spring height.

You'd be wanting the GT Sport shocks, which are a fair bit more expensive.

Putting GT Gas in with super lows will give a really bouncy uncomfortable ride.

Price wise they are very good. I'm pretty sure Repco is doing s 20 to 30% off everything this weekend... Might explain the price.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post