Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-01-2023, 02:35 PM   #61
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Just involved in a concertina car crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Yes with Budget Direct, any claim requires paying your excess. I believe that is the requirement of most insurance policies.

Most car insurance providers want to know of any accidents you have been in for the previous 5 years, at fault or not. It definately effects the premium you pay.
Pretty sure that is only with the cheap companies.Most of them offer cheaper premiums,but get you other ways.such as higher excesses and probably no such thing as no claim bonuses.You find their idea of market value for payouts is lower than the major Co,s
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2023, 04:48 PM   #62
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I see a heavy advertised Insurance, I steer clear of such.

Better join the A team Huleo ? Well they were good but they got way to far out on a yearly price so I had to drop them, I am not paying for TV adds !

Suncorp were good but got way out on price for the year so I had to drop them.

Now with Coles.

Don't trust anyone else with property insurance, is another one heavy advertised on TV that I would not trust at all.

And that so called Real insurance is so heavy advertised I would not touch with a 39 1/2 Ft pole.

If anyone knows what it cost to advertise on TV must know a company doing so must be in huge trouble to do so or are corrupt as hell I believe.

As if they were any good they would not have to advertise at all in fact, would they. what do you mob think.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2023, 05:11 PM   #63
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Which is why I avoid Budget by 2 country miles, they sound like the biggest ***-wipe of an insurance company. I have no ideas how they win so many awards or are ranked so highly.
I rang them up once to get a Quote..!
The Guy from Mumbai insisted on Me, Giving Him My Credit Card details. BEFORE He could give Me a Quote. He point Blank refused to provide Me with a Quote until he had My CC details..

I promptly hung up ...!!
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2023, 06:46 AM   #64
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some of the insurance Company Groupings.
Suncorp: AAMI, Bingle, GIO, Suncorp and many more.
IAG: Coles, NRMA, CGU, RACV and many more.
Hollard Insurance Group : Real Insurance, Woolworths Group
Auto and General Insurance Limited: Australia Post, Budget Direct and Virgin Money.

In 2018, IAG wrote 29% of all insurance in Australia, Suncorp 27%, QBE 10% and Allianz 8%.
EBSXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2023, 11:48 AM   #65
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Budget Direct were actually adaquate for my wifes claim.

She was not found at fault, hit hard from behind while stationary.

She is no longer with Budget Direct. Every insurance company we contacted (lots and lots) wanted to know about any accident she had been involved in and all increased their premium for a no fault claim accordingly.

Again I can only comment on my experience.
Spot on.

RACV has a section on renewal paperwork that includes any claim over the last 5 years.
EBSXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post