Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-01-2023, 09:03 PM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Purchased a Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
Thanks for the input and sorry for the late reply, been on holidays in Tassie for the past week, lovely place and wow, some fantastic "drivers" roads.
Ford Australia just needs to do a little bit of work on the marketing side to get the 30-something woman in your dealership, its one thing you closing sales its another actually getting people into your showroom for you to work your magic.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2023, 12:41 AM   #32
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
My brother and sister are Gen Z and neither of them are interested in the car. When you're buying your first car, myself included, you usually look at something used in the 5 year old range.

Sister bought a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee for under $20k very nice car, only thing I could really fault it was the infotainment system outdated and expected on a car like this, quite thirsty but she drives very short trips so not an issue really.
My brother is currently looking and has looked at a few BA Falcons as well as Honda Civic.

The Ford Puma starts at $36k (my postcode in VIC price checked 29/12/22) which is out of the price range of majority of Gen Z and I wouldn't even consider ever paying that much for my first car, maybe second car.

I'm not saying it's a bad car, driven it myself, but this is definitely not targeted at Gen Z, maybe Gen Y?
I will say it's nicer than a Mazda CX-3 and that's a good thing since that's its competition(?).

You need to move to a better post code. Every millennial here drives a decked out 79 series.
I’m not sure where the money comes from. Plenty of p platers driving them as their first car.
Times have changed.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 08:22 AM   #33
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep same where I’m located Top Ghia. Every young person’s dream car now is a 79 Cruiser..10 years ago it was an SS Commodore or XR8 but how times have changed!
I don’t get it but I’m not the younger generation either…
Old 11-01-2023, 10:56 AM   #34
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 70 kw Skoda used to drag off 79 series at the lights.
And my 92 kw Puma drags off 79 series and LC 200.
Keen to see how it goes against the new LC300.

The attraction of the 79 series is it toughness transfers to the driver and makes the drivers penis bigger.

Sadly I d love to see the accident stats for 4wd s say b hatchbacks.

Apparently if a male drives a hatchback or a small suv they are considered weak and have to be tailgated by 4 wheel drives.

Not from me. It was an opinion piece on Gold Coast bulletin last Saturday on tailgating.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 03:59 PM   #35
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I haven't seen any advertising from Ford on Instagram or Twitter about the Puma at all.

They got the Ranger on the block, Millennials don't watch TV and they don't listen to radio (Spotify) so they need to target other mediums to get it in front of a younger customer base that the Puma is attractive for.

Then take into account the oldest Gen Z who are starting to get themselves new cars, they watch even less 'traditional media' than Millennials.

They should be sponsoring high profile Instagram and Youtube influencers, getting drive cars out to them for paid promotions.

The conversations I've seen on social media around 'what car should I buy' ends up with other 30-something women always suggesting RAV4 Hybrid - its the 'in' vehicle for those demographics.

Yes I'm aware its a bigger car and its a hybrid but those could easily be Puma customers with the right marketing.

Ford Australia needs to do more so you get Gen Y/Z in your dealership.

Also create a way to buy cars online would be a good start too, I hate the traditional dealership model, as a customer its bull****.
targeted advertising, my wife gets puma ads, i have never seen one on anything i frequent
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2023, 04:30 PM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
I love boobs so much I grew my own pair

Seriously though the 'what car should I buy' question from 30-something women that crops up on social media platforms ends up chock full of other 30-something women answering something along the lines of (I'm paraphrasing one I saw recently) 'RAV4 hybrid babe, its big enough for adventures but small enough to be easy to live with'.

Female social media 'hive mind' is what you want to target for Puma, its a big demographic that consults with itself online for everything. They should be Ford sales, not Toyota ones.

Its all well and good flooding TV with ads but the potential customer hardly watches TV, unless they want to target the 'Love Island' and 'MAFS' segments for advertising as thats the only shows that bring that demographic to the TV and even then these only come on once a year.
See what I mean

They're not talking about Puma, they all want RAV4.

Its an aspirational purchase for the OF crew and something they all use to flex on each other, like designer labels and handbags

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 28-01-2023 at 04:36 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2023, 05:26 PM   #37
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
See what I mean

They're not talking about Puma, they all want RAV4.

Its an aspirational purchase for the OF crew and something they all use to flex on each other, like designer labels and handbags
Re handbags.
Is the Prado brand why so many drive Toyota Prado s?
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2023, 01:46 PM   #38
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Franco, a quick glance at the online presence of “felicitymaybe” suggests why you might be following her.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2023, 12:52 AM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Franco, a quick glance at the online presence of “felicitymaybe” suggests why you might be following her.

I'm just using Twitter what its supposed to be used for, there's another 400+ who are similar

I'm not wrong though, that demographic loves the RAV4 with the more successful ones having a significant disposable income

Should be Puma sales

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 01-02-2023 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:52 AM   #40
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

According to one article I’ve seen, many such accounts only make a few hundred a month. That probably explains why they want a reasonably affordable (yes, subjective description) car but don’t buy it.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post