Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

View Poll Results: which month suits
january 4 25.00%
february 4 25.00%
march 7 43.75%
april 1 6.25%
none/not interested 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2005, 12:25 AM   #1
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Gympie/Rainbow Beach Club Cruise

The days will be set on a Saturday and Sunday. I still have to confer with the local tourism expert up here and of course check with the committee.

The weekend will entail meeting Sat morning, heading off to Imbil markets through the windy mary valley roads while some of us may like to catch the mary valley rattler steam train. All catch up. Do the markets and then do the sprint down to Rainbow Beach! A lovely smooth ride through the pine plantations. Dinner that evening and an early night (for some!!)

NO DIRT OR GRAVEL ROADS - all bitumen

Sunday will be the big one! A day on one of the best skid pans in sth queesland.The only costs for this will be accommodation (we will be arranging bulk bookings at reduced rates) and meals as the skid pan will be free for us.

I would like to get as many group photo/s right in the centre of Gympie and maybe a lap of the main street.

Anyways, I will have some more info coming over the next month or two.
We have a very good events co-ordinator who is willing to everything he can to make it a huge success.

This will be a weekend to remember! Great activities, great promotion and great company.

The local news paper will be covering this, so it will be HUGE!

Last edited by WILDTRAKPX2; 01-12-2005 at 12:33 AM.
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 04:03 AM   #2
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Yep Yep Yep, Sounds awesome I will be a definite for this one and I don’t care what month it is in I will book the days off work to attend. Sounds Great!
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #3
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Skids yeah yeah yeah skids whoooohoooo

i have been waiting for this event since i have joined the club!!!

SLIPPERY WHEN BOOSTED!!!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:17 PM   #4
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Default Skid pan yee ha be there with bells on

Just let me know the date
depending on the time denise might bring up the xr too
Be there with bells on and depending on the weather maybe shorts and t shirt too
Old 01-12-2005, 06:38 PM   #5
SP Ken

G'day all,

Just before we all get carried away, yes this event will most likely go ahead and it will be a cracker but the events calendar for next year has not been discussed yet. Ash is doing a bit of leg work for us as he is the man on the ground up there but that is all.

Cheers,

Ken
Old 01-12-2005, 11:02 PM   #6
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Im ready to go now, but seriously, any date that it is on, myself and Mrs will be there.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2005, 07:22 PM   #7
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

After all the excitement that is about after Morgan park, I am sure there will be a lot of members wanting to have a go, particularly in the safe environment of a skid pan.
A great oportunity to see how the cars handle changing environemnts, practice pulling out of a slide, even for the tame at heart, skid pans are an excellent way to leanr more about the car.
Awsome cars, low friction surfaces, and a big grin, don't they all go hand in hand.
Bring It on
Old 05-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #8
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
After all the excitement that is about after Morgan park, I am sure there will be a lot of members wanting to have a go, particularly in the safe environment of a skid pan.
A great oportunity to see how the cars handle changing environemnts, practice pulling out of a slide, even for the tame at heart, skid pans are an excellent way to leanr more about the car.
Awsome cars, low friction surfaces, and a big grin, don't they all go hand in hand.
Bring It on
No more red cordial for you Coyote, put on your jamis and go and lie down. Morgan Park has certainly got you over excited. LOL
Old 05-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #9
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Well now I know how easy it is to get him excited I won't put in too much effort just take him to the race track.
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #10
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Bumpedy bump :
I have noticed this event isnt on the first events calender...... what the devil?

Im itching for some sideways action!!!

yeah yeah skids skids whoooohooo!!!
Old 25-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #11
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm going to speak with Jeff from the events committee this week and try and find a date that suits the club. I have been to see Peter Allan, dealer principal at Action Ford up here and he is very keen to come aboard and help out with the skid pan day. I will keep you all informed in the near future.
Old 25-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #12
Penelope Pitstop

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

This one is a MUST do.... Hopefully we can slot this one into the events calendar in the not to distant future... I am looking forward to this one almost as much as the next round at Morgan Park! :
Old 25-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #13
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

ill put 100 shot of NoS on so there will be no sign of traction!!!!!

I think i need to calm down....im a little to excited about this event. : : :sm_drool: : : :eclipsee_
Old 25-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #14
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NOS,as if your car needs such stuff,just rely on pure I6 grunt, and should be a top wkend,some bueatiful country side up them there parts.
Old 25-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #15
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's all coming together nicely! I have enquired/organised just about everything (maps, accommodation, meals, BBQ and photo shoot at Ford Dealership, cruise to Rainbow Beach but not Mary Valley due to time restrictions, SKID PAN). We may need to set a limit for the skid pan... at this stage looks like being 35-40, but I will know more when I have spoken to the driver instructors (who will be attending on the day).

All I need to do is get hold of Ken or Jeff to finalise a date that suits the club and you guys and gals. Stay tuned folks!
Old 17-02-2006, 08:40 AM   #16
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A quick update... have spoken to Jeff from the events committee and it looks like early June at this stage. Once I have finalised some loose ends, the club will notify you all with a definite date. Looking forward to it!
Old 17-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #17
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Well done Shockwave, cant wait for this one.
Old 17-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #18
Penelope Pitstop

Awesome work Ash - I am really looking forward to this one - you can count on at least 6 very excited people straight away that I know of attending...
Old 17-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #19
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Awesome work Ash - I am really looking forward to this one - you can count on at least 6 very excited people straight away that I know of attending...

Well June will be a great month! Skid pan and my Birthday what more could you want?

Great to see that were getting these events booked in! Cant wait : :eclipsee_