Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 30-12-2005, 11:28 PM   #31
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
What tyres are you using mate as that 60 needs a bit of looking at get that down to a say 2.0 and you will get a 13.6 no worries in those temps.
Hankook K104 street radials. I am running them at 20 psi

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 01:56 AM   #32
F6 UTE
Banned

Quote:
You are wrong buddy maybe you need to learn to drive as these 6 speeds have great gearing, mate have a good look at your mph 115 that means with street tyres you have buckley's of getting traction with that power on street tyres, hell mate with that mph you should be doing atleast a low 12 if not a 11. How come i can get consistant mid to low 1.9 60' with a best of 1.816 with a crap gearing 6 speed explain please.
Superpusuite can and possible will get a high 1.9 60' and will get a very respecable ET accordingly. Go figure it out rule of thumb a fact every .1tenth off your 60' take .2 off your ET and that a auto is any different are you on the funny stuff.

mmmm. I have made over 20 passes and every pass is as consistant as buggery. Maybe you should note I am running BOG STOCK DUNLOP tyres at 38psi.

I know with good tyres I can go low 12's, but that isn't in the equation, and i'm not concerned as to how fast my car will go on radials.. If I pull up at the lights, it's a fast car that will go around me..

BTW, my 0-60 mph, as timed on my PDA, which plugs into my OBDII port is 4.32 seconds. Pretty damn good on street rubber, which have turned to the tune of 28,000 km at that time, with 38 psi in them.

Simon from Extreme ran 12.3 @ 120mph with Hankooks and a rip shifter with ~370rwkw in his F6, explain that one??????

I can drive. No doubt.
F6 UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 01:57 AM   #33
F6 UTE
Banned

And note, F6's run different gearing to Pursuit. Different box ratios' and different rear end ratio.
Old 31-12-2005, 02:11 AM   #34
F6 UTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Company Car
Lowride 260 has some valid points, the 60' time is THE most important part of the racetrack. You need momentum from the Hit to get it going.

Yeah, I know. I did say, in it's current guise, it's as fast as it's going to be.

You can put on drag radials, slicks, whatever and the times will tumble....

I guess my point was missed.
Old 31-12-2005, 03:22 AM   #35
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 UTE
mmmm. I have made over 20 passes and every pass is as consistant as buggery. Maybe you should note I am running BOG STOCK DUNLOP tyres at 38psi.

I know with good tyres I can go low 12's, but that isn't in the equation, and i'm not concerned as to how fast my car will go on radials.. If I pull up at the lights, it's a fast car that will go around me..

BTW, my 0-60 mph, as timed on my PDA, which plugs into my OBDII port is 4.32 seconds. Pretty damn good on street rubber, which have turned to the tune of 28,000 km at that time, with 38 psi in them.

Simon from Extreme ran 12.3 @ 120mph with Hankooks and a rip shifter with ~370rwkw in his F6, explain that one??????

I can drive. No doubt.
simon ran the 12.3 in the F6 on Toyo Proxes DOT street tyres- these hook up a lot different to the Hankooks-

I know this because he borrowed my rims to put them on and I was there when he ran it.

Doesn't matter anyway I guess....... I run 275 K104 Hankooks at 38 PSI with no burnout- I would always run in street trim until I get to that elusive stage wher I'd do anything to break an 11 or something......
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 05:23 AM   #36
F6 UTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
simon ran the 12.3 in the F6 on Toyo Proxes DOT street tyres- these hook up a lot different to the Hankooks-

I know this because he borrowed my rims to put them on and I was there when he ran it.

Doesn't matter anyway I guess....... I run 275 K104 Hankooks at 38 PSI with no burnout- I would always run in street trim until I get to that elusive stage wher I'd do anything to break an 11 or something......

Do they hook up better/worse?? crunch numbers tho. 12.3, 120 mph, 370 rwkw and a rip shifter, on the same tyres his other car with an auto and 280rwkw ran a 12.2 @ 115mph..
manual + power = rubbish times in comparrison to autos'..

Fastest F6 runs 12.0 with 400 rwkw, manual.
Fastest XR6T runs 9.9 with 430 rwkw and a 3 spd.

I'm not bagging anyone, just trying to make ppl understand how hard it is to get low ET's out of manaul equipped cars, especially utes with hard covers. ( + 200kg's on a sedan ) Tyres or not.
Also how good Superpursuit's times are comparative to others, on his street 19" tyres.

Ay Kwinana, I have sen nothing run 115mph that hasn't run an 11, except mine. All on slicks, all autos.
I have never seen a street car on street tyres ( Not drag radials ) run quicker than 115mph.

I have talked to guys who run 11.6's at 112mph on slicks scratch there heads at my ET's.

Half track I demolish anything that has got the jump on me.. From 120kph, i'm just as quick as my mates CBR1000RR who ran 10.87.

I'll take any answer, it just isn't as easy as " Learn to Drive "..
Old 31-12-2005, 09:59 AM   #37
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I can drive. No doubt.
Mate all i am saying is improve your 60' and your ET will improve dramatically, have a look at Simons 60' mid 1.9.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #38
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Before cam timing he ran a 12.69 totally unopened.
I was thinking I had put the wrong time down after I had written it. (Maybe it means I should think more before I type).

I think it was Rod in his Pursuit that run the 12.62 a long time ago.

Anyone know what happened to him? He hasn't been here for a long time.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 10:19 AM   #39
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Do they hook up better/worse?? crunch numbers tho. 12.3, 120 mph, 370 rwkw and a rip shifter, on the same tyres his other car with an auto and 280rwkw ran a 12.2 @ 115mph..
manual + power = rubbish times in comparrison to autos'..

Fastest F6 runs 12.0 with 400 rwkw, manual.
Fastest XR6T runs 9.9 with 430 rwkw and a 3 spd.

I'm not bagging anyone, just trying to make ppl understand how hard it is to get low ET's out of manaul equipped cars, especially utes with hard covers. ( + 200kg's on a sedan ) Tyres or not.
Also how good Superpursuit's times are comparative to others, on his street 19" tyres.

Ay Kwinana, I have sen nothing run 115mph that hasn't run an 11, except mine. All on slicks, all autos.
I have never seen a street car on street tyres ( Not drag radials ) run quicker than 115mph.

I have talked to guys who run 11.6's at 112mph on slicks scratch there heads at my ET's.

Half track I demolish anything that has got the jump on me.. From 120kph, i'm just as quick as my mates CBR1000RR who ran 10.87.

I'll take any answer, it just isn't as easy as " Learn to Drive "..
Mate not doubting you cars ability either, but everythig you are mentioning here is all about a lighter more powerfull different geared car.
Untill someone has a serious go at getting traction in a manual T6 of F6 ofcorse the manaul is going to show crap times.

Back to talking about BOSS powered cars (we are hijacking superpusuite's thread), superpusuite will say it again mate get your 60 down to say low 2.1 on street rubber (very achievable) your ET will drop to around 13.2/13.3 and dont worrie mate you can and will get good times in the 6 speed.

Last edited by Quadcams; 31-12-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Old 31-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #40
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit
I was thinking I had put the wrong time down after I had written it. (Maybe it means I should think more before I type).

Spot on mate Rods ran the 12.62.
Old 31-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #41
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Picture not clear

29deg, 79%h, 1014mB, 2604 RA, (TT) 36deg
Jeez Blueblooded always said how bad your air is up there in summer, mate in those conditionds Ive run a 13.17 but with a 1.90 60' if i did a 2.2 60' would go up to around a 13.7/13.8.
Old 31-12-2005, 11:58 AM   #42
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
Toyo Proxes DOT street tyres- these hook up a lot different to the Hankooks-
Quote:
Do they hook up better/worse??
They are a good drag racing tyre, there actually made for hill climbing application but because of there friendly tyre sizes and soft rubber, there a much used drag tyre, bit expensive 18's around $450ea.
VX8255 done a 1.7 60 foot on these Toyo's with 300 rwkw, once you start to get past the 300rwkw with a 4500rpm hi-stall there just about reaching there limit.
Kev ripped plenty of 1.8 60 footers on the toyo proxes.
M/T drag radials are a much preferred tyre for drag racing but sizes are a problem for some.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 12:30 PM   #43
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:

I believe he was/is sick of all the bull$h!t that goes along with being the quickest at the time.
People questioning his amazing effort, and his intergrity.
A bloody amazing effort still, considering he had no edit....just bolt ons and a uni chip !
Old 31-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #44
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
I believe he was/is sick of all the bull$h!t that goes along with being the quickest at the time.
A bloody amazing effort still, considering he had no edit....just bolt ons and a uni chip !
Very true Cameron awsome effort without the edit.
Old 31-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #45
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:

Thats the time I was told, anyone have specs on how he ran. This is a very interesting debate thanks guys

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 01:44 PM   #46
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
I am still new at this stuff, but how much bullsh**t can come along from a drag race ?
You go hard and get your best time, pretty straight forward, whatever config your running

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 02:43 PM   #47
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
Thats the time I was told, anyone have specs on how he ran. This is a very interesting debate thanks guys
Rod is a very good mate of mine, we raced our Utes together most Friday nights for a period over about 18 months.
This was in the early days of the BA Auto Boss being 6 months old.
His Setup: BF 18'' Drag Radials, Unichip, 80mm SS T/B, Full exhaust Diphiilpo, Underdrives, 3 inch cai pipe behind the headlight with no lens, tried a few different Diff gears in the end stuck with standard 3.45 for the MPH.
Tailgate and hardtop were never taken off, the car was driven to the track the way it was raced...Standard Pursuit wheels front and back.
Best time N/A was ET:12.62 110mph. 60 foot 1.90.
Forced Story:
Best time with APS twin turbo kit was ET:11.50 131mph 60 foot 2.02 with a Stock motor, billet oil pump gears, Unichip, slicks & front runners was pushing over 420 rwkw the last time it went out...
This setup needed a edit so he could run a bigger stall converter, as you can see by the MPH it plenty of grunt, 131mph is good for a easy 10 sec pass.
This was the most awesome car I ever driven with the APS TT on.
Rod will be back early next year George Haadad is putting toghter a new Motor for Rods race car (75 Monza) N/A 440 cubic small block stroker, looking for 850 to 880 H/P. I cant wait for the Monza to come back to the track get involved in some Drag racing again..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post