Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-02-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question LW Fuel Filler Door, does it lock?

I seem to remember mine locking when I lock the car because in the past the past when washing the car I wanted to clean under the door but could not open it.

Now it doesn't seem to lock when I lock the car, but did I remember wrong and it doesn't lock at all?

Searching threads overseas shows that the capless filler system does not have a locking door but wondering if that was changed for models sent to Australia?

Thanks
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
KosCo

Default Re: LW Fuel Filler Door, does it lock?

I have an LW and tested it out. It appears to lock the fuel cap as essentially it can't be opened when the car is locked. It does open fractionally when I tried to open it but certainly not fully opened. I don't know how strong the locking mechanism is but am not about to try that out.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2018, 01:36 PM   #3
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you mean the cap that is metal and part of the filler system or the fuel door?
Old 27-02-2018, 03:09 PM   #4
KosCo

Ok - sorry for my wording leading to confusion. Yes, I mean the door itself.
Old 27-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #5
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks. Should I worry about it? Get it fixed?

My car is parked at work between 10pm and 6am and someone might have been wanted to steal fuel. My car is a diesel for which there is a label on the door flap so once someone sees that they must be leaving it alone. Petrol prices here for U91 are often topping at $1.50pL.
Rather not have someone wreck my capless filler system.
Old 27-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #6
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
Thanks. Should I worry about it? Get it fixed?
That would probably depend on how much to fix. Not sure how the locking mechanism works or how strong it would be to a determined thief. Probably better than nothing although if someone wants to steal your fuel, they would probably have to also have the spout needed to get access into the fuel filler.