Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #31
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
ok here is the proceduce pay atention its complicated

start motor
select drive(must be bf 6 speed auto by the way)
left foot on brake (hard)
right foot on throttle
apply pressure and build revs slowly
once desired revs build up release brake flatten gas and hang on.
I have never seen a healthy Falcon able to hold a stall above 2500rpm with just a foot on the brakes, especially one with around 180rwkw, and a bucketload of torque. They all have used the handbrake to hold the car as well. Even my car, with 130-ish rwkw and a stall speed 500rpm higher than stock, I need to use the handbrake as well to stall past 2000rpm without performing a massive standstill.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 06:04 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

2500 rpm stall is all I could get out of an XR6T and it just lit the tyres up when I got off the brakes. 2500rpm is all I could get out of my old BA XR8 also, but with all the torque reduction the best I could get at the track was a chirp. There's no way a stock auto would get anywhere near 4000 rpm.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 06:49 PM   #33
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Well im not sure if anyone saw but on sundays there is a car show on mid after noon (think its called Drive)

and they tested the new bf pursuit and tornado (both 6spd autos)

They were being tested down the quater mile, even though they didnt release final times for either car. they raced them again and again down the quater and each time the tornado beat the pursuit, even after a driver swap.
when launching both drivers stalled the bejesus out of their car and smoke was pouring out from under the tyres.

it was very hard to tell, but by the sounds of it they were probably doing around 3-3.5 thousand rpm.
so its not entirely unbelievable that someone could stall it even higher than 3.5

my brother owns a S14a 200sx (auto) and he stalls it up to about 3.5 thousand rpm at lights if hes giong to race and then releases the brake. tends to give you whip lash and a very brutal launch. :P
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Well im not sure if anyone saw but on sundays there is a car show on mid after noon (think its called Drive)

and they tested the new bf pursuit and tornado (both 6spd autos)

They were being tested down the quater mile, even though they didnt release final times for either car. they raced them again and again down the quater and each time the tornado beat the pursuit, even after a driver swap.
when launching both drivers stalled the bejesus out of their car and smoke was pouring out from under the tyres.

it was very hard to tell, but by the sounds of it they were probably doing around 3-3.5 thousand rpm.
so its not entirely unbelievable that someone could stall it even higher than 3.5

my brother owns a S14a 200sx (auto) and he stalls it up to about 3.5 thousand rpm at lights if hes giong to race and then releases the brake. tends to give you whip lash and a very brutal launch. :P
Doing a burnout and stalling it up to launch are 2 different things. To do a burnout you only need a little bit of brake to smoke the tyres, but stalling it up you need the brake pressed as hard as you can to hold the car still.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #35
hot460

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
Oh come on mate, it's forecast for cold weather next Wednesday LoL.
I need a bit more practice before you hammer me at Heathcote.
I thought the auto had the manuals measure all night!
Come on Wade, Reaction time needs some work.... lol
Old 07-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #36
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just wondering has anyone tried just stamping on it??????
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 12:48 AM   #37
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I seen a stock F6 BF 6 speed auto Typhoon do 13.36 102.5 mph and 13.39 105.5 mph at calder tonight, all the guy said was its stock with a BMC air filter...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 02:33 AM   #38
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
I seen a stock F6 BF 6 speed auto Typhoon do 13.36 102.5 mph and 13.39 105.5 mph at calder tonight, all the guy said was its stock with a BMC air filter...

i need a bf 6 speed auto lol... :(

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 02:39 AM   #39
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6
i need a bf 6 speed auto lol... :(
With the power your F6 is making and now heading for, I don't think there will be too many street autos will hold together...

Old 07-01-2006, 03:37 AM   #40
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:
Unbelievable!
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 09:32 AM   #41
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Into a pretty good head wind too................
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #42
rodderz

Quote:
Yes I heard about that too, a very good time for only an air filter change

Seems the minor engine changes and the better g/box arrangement has done it wonders :
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #43
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz

Seems the minor engine changes and the better g/box arrangement has done it wonders :
BA and BF F6 have the exact same engine don't they?

Old 07-01-2006, 03:48 PM   #44
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
BA and BF F6 have the exact same engine don't they?
I thought all BF sixes got the twin independant variable cam phasing. BA's were variable but were linked together so they both advanced/retarded (s'pose that's what you'd call it) as a set. Correct me if I'm wrong though, because FPV are still quoting the same power/ torque.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #45
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

All BF turbo's have cam timming set to 0 with the NA engines taking advantage of it. I think the BF has slightly larger cams on exhaust.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #46
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Man those things are wepons awsome time for a stocker, what was the 60' anyone know.
Well done to whoever conserned.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 05:32 PM   #47
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmatty
60 foot time = 2.223

The run was at WSID in Sydney on a cool and overcast night.

I have stalled the 6 speed up to 4,000 rpm without wheel spin so 3,000 is easy.

I do agree with what you say about the factory computer but at the end of the day you have to get the car on boost to launch and run a decent time.

We will be modding the car over the next few months so stay tuned.

Anthony
GFS Performance
The SHires Premium Speed Shop

Mate can't believe you can stall a stock car without edit to 4,000rpm let alone 3,000 as they go into limp mode....my mates ba turbo can only go to 2,200 without turning the tyres and that with the handbrake on...so l think you maybe you have a 4cyl tacho been put in the car lol.....maybe you should come down to the forum meet and show us how you stall the car to 4,000 rpm
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #48
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
lol.....maybe you should come down to the forum meet and show us how you stall the car to 4,000 rpm
And photo :

The new turbo f6 cars sound like an awesome car...how much do those things go for?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 10:26 PM   #49
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
FPV stated they have got a stock BF F6 auto down the quarter in 13.2, so these times are well within its capabilitys. Fastest stock Falcon ever made.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #50
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
I thought all BF sixes got the twin independant variable cam phasing. BA's were variable but were linked together so they both advanced/retarded (s'pose that's what you'd call it) as a set. Correct me if I'm wrong though, because FPV are still quoting the same power/ torque.
The BA F6 already had independant cam timing, the only BA to have it. Different cams and extra knock sensor plus a few other slightly different parts are changed for BF although power and torque stay the same.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:37 PM   #51
blwneb
come join me

I believe the bf typhoon has mor torque than the ba, and the auto i belive is worth .5 of a sec, if tuned & driven correct, i can see these bf typhoons into the 12s, with little mods, thats excellent for a aus built car, worth 60grand
blwneb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #52
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwneb
I believe the bf typhoon has mor torque than the ba, and the auto i belive is worth .5 of a sec, if tuned & driven correct, i can see these bf typhoons into the 12s, with little mods, thats excellent for a aus built car, worth 60grand
FPV have quoted the same 550nm as the BA.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:18 AM   #53
hot460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
FPV stated they have got a stock BF F6 auto down the quarter in 13.2, so these times are well within its capabilitys. Fastest stock Falcon ever made.
Hmmmmmm I think I better put a F6 on my next christmas list. Thats awesome! :
Old 08-01-2006, 03:44 PM   #54
GFSperformance
Starter Motor

Guys,

All we have tried to do is show what quarter mile time can be acheived with a stock XR6T 6 Speed auto. I thought it would be a help to describe our launch technique but now I regret even posting it.

Lets just move on and talk about the basis of this post which is quarter mile times for the new 6 speed auto.

Anthony
GFS Performance
GFSperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #55
Chris
AFF.com.au

Anthony - no regrets on anyones part on this forum, we are all mates.

People will want to know launch technique as it is a pretty critical part of the run, and the method and description does not compute. People will say "oh, why can GFSperformance stall their car over 2900 and we cannot"?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 11:08 AM   #56
JG3282
Awake after dark

I haven't read the entire thread yet, but what I want to know about the XR6T from WSID is the barometric... When I raced a 100% straight from the factory floor BF GT it was at 983, best ET was 14.000 @ 104.26 with a poor 2.12 sixty (driver hesitated on acceleration) and recorded a 1.97 sixty on another run, theoretically all things being equal, let's say that car had a 13.85 in it at that temp.
Two days later at Bluepower we got 248 kw at 986 barometric, which backed up all three drag sectionals mentioned.
Getting back to running it at the drags, I found that:
1- It spun the tyres hard when stalled up beyond 1600 on the startline (have an 18 second slip to prove that)
2- It went a full two tenths slower without the air filter
3- By slamming my right foot down from idle on the line it spun the tyres considerably
4- By launching from idle and feathering the right foot to a certain extent it got off the line much better
5- By trying to stall it beyond 2200 it automatically cut back it's revs and died in the ИИИИ (that is in the ECU programming)
6- With a 105kg driver and 110 kg passenger it went 14.19 @ 102.7 (2.17 sixty), so hauling 2200+ kgs is still as easy as pie for the BOSS engine.
7- It ran it's best ET's in PERF mode... Shifting sequentially it was a full two tenths slower (but that could be driver's fault).

As for the BF XR6T, I hit the base of a very steep hill in one at 100 km/h in sixth gear (manual) and hit the top of the hill at the same speed, which is an indication that these things have got plenty of torque as well.

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 11:09 AM   #57
JG3282
Awake after dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
on this forum, we are all mates.
Don't you wish we ran that F6 Ute now Chris?

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
Old 10-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #58
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282
Don't you wish we ran that F6 Ute now Chris?
hmmmmmmm let me think - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dj:
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #59
JG3282
Awake after dark

aaahh yes, but with me driving cos apparently you drive like a sheila :

Old 10-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #60
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but what I want to know about the XR6T from WSID is the barometric... When I raced a 100% straight from the factory floor BF GT it was at 983, best ET was 14.000 @ 104.26 with a poor 2.12 sixty (driver hesitated on acceleration) and recorded a 1.97 sixty on another run, theoretically all things being equal, let's say that car had a 13.85 in it at that temp.
Two days later at Bluepower we got 248 kw at 986 barometric, which backed up all three drag sectionals mentioned.
Getting back to running it at the drags, I found that:
1- It spun the tyres hard when stalled up beyond 1600 on the startline (have an 18 second slip to prove that)
2- It went a full two tenths slower without the air filter
3- By slamming my right foot down from idle on the line it spun the tyres considerably
4- By launching from idle and feathering the right foot to a certain extent it got off the line much better
5- By trying to stall it beyond 2200 it automatically cut back it's revs and died in the ???? (that is in the ECU programming)
6- With a 105kg driver and 110 kg passenger it went 14.19 @ 102.7 (2.17 sixty), so hauling 2200+ kgs is still as easy as pie for the BOSS engine.
7- It ran it's best ET's in PERF mode... Shifting sequentially it was a full two tenths slower (but that could be driver's fault).

As for the BF XR6T, I hit the base of a very steep hill in one at 100 km/h in sixth gear (manual) and hit the top of the hill at the same speed, which is an indication that these things have got plenty of torque as well.
The air was a RA 1670ft (not the best) as I was racing that night to.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post