Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-03-2019, 05:10 PM   #1
Dave1966

Default Re: Army Night Flying - Sydney 07-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
So what is the point of this thread?

A bloke who says he hates Sydney complains about defence force training exercises?

Flying at night is extremely dangerous.

There was a horrendous accident near Townsville in 1996 where 6 Blackhawk helicopters crashed killing 16 service people.

The way to prevent such things happening again is to minimise risk and introduce better training for pilots, crews and soldiers.

So why are they doing such dangerous stuff in Sydney instead of in the bush?

Well where is the threat?

Terrorism, in areas of high populations. Places like Sydney perhaps.

Imagine if there is a terrorist plot in the street over from yours, who ya gonna call?

Well not the RAAF, you don't like the noise and disruption to your animals.

FMD!e

This is a forum for people who like Fords.

Why am I reading such drivel on hear?

Well we didn’t see any Blackhawks mowing down bad guys in Bourke street mall at zot feet in recent events. I think you’ll find the police are the front line in these situations, oh and a homeless dude with a shopping cart. Didn’t see too many black hawks at the Lindt siege in Martin Place either.

Come to think of it you don’t see many Blackhawks over Vaucluse or other effluent suburbs either. Strange that, mustn’t be any bad guys there? Well except for the Ibrahim’s but they are just misunderstood.

Im certainly not knocking the military either by the way, they do fantastic work and training is of course essential, perhaps just a little more communication with those impacted might help out in these situations. People get a chance to get the dogs in, be prepared for what’s happening and not scare the crap out of the elderly. Personally I’d be out watching! It would be a great view I’m sure! I recall watching them do manouveres in a Townsville years ago in the city, impressive

Last edited by Dave1966; 08-03-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Dave1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2019, 05:31 PM   #2
roKWiz
Cabover nut

I love watching this stuff.
Have a permit to mountain bike in the Newcastle "Hunter water catchment area" which includes the back of Williamtown RAAF base and bombing range at Salt Ash. Geeze its get exciting watching the touch and go.

Funny story was 3 of us once stopped a FA18 laser bombing session as we were heading to Lemon Tree Passage on the trails, where we saw the red flags flying at the sentry box. The guy said if you want to keep going we will stop for 10 mins until you get to the other sentry then we will recommence. Heard him talking to the control and planes that he had 3 MTBikers heading through and to circle out to sea.
We got to the other sentry guy where a few mins later they started coming back in.
We never laughed so much on a ride and thought wow this could only happen in Oz.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2019, 06:08 PM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

That’s brilliant.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2019, 02:02 AM   #4
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I love watching this stuff. Have a permit to mountain bike in the Newcastle "Hunter water catchment area" which includes the back of Williamtown RAAF base and bombing range at Salt Ash.
Don't go drinking the water - the AFFF show is gaining momentum.
snap0964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: