Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT club of SA > Falcon GT Nationals 2009

Old 05-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #61
boxy351

Hi Sean & all at the SA Falcon GT club we the Fairmont GT fraternity look forward to Adelaide & being a part of this event.
Will we see the BB Coupe knock off Watto's XR next year in the 1/4 ???

Cheers
Boxy
boxy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #62
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

I wouldn't want to create any competition here, but entry numbers so far are;
WA 37
NSW 35
Newcastle 2
QLD 18
Victoria 12
Geelong 1
SA 12
Tasmania 5

Total as of the 20/06/08 122.

A big thanks to all who have sent in entries early.

Only seven months left to get entries in before the goodie bag/merchandise cutoff.

Order forms for dinner tickets and additional merchandise as well as entry forms for the motorsport day will be sent out in a couple of months.

Checkout our Aussie Muscle Car Run page

bbcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #63
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Is there anywhere to stay in a hotel over there durring this event, I have heard they have put a black ban on most hotels durring the event and it is hard to find accomodation ?????. or they charge an arm and a leg for it.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #64
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Don't know what you mean by "a black ban on most hotels"? There are many hotels close to Nationals Head Quarters with prices to suit most budgets.

If you wish to attend the Nationals without a car you are welcome to stay at either the Hotel 208 or the Chifley( http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com...ommodation.htm )which have double rooms from $143 per night which includes a full breakfast. Please mention you are booking for the Falcon GT nationals to get the best rate. The only hotel exclusively for entrants bringing their cars is the Country Comfort.

Just a note to people booking accommodation, most hotels consider the Easter weekend as a peak period and charge a premium or surchage during this time. We have done our best to get a special rate at selected hotels. If you require assistance with alternative accommodation please PM me and I will help to find a suitable hotel.

Old 22-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #65
cob115
COUPE WHORE

thanks for letting me know about it today Sean,i called in on my way home and meet some great guys,got to say that white landau rocks! and i added another cobra owner to my list no 61 : ! you can count us in for next year,is there a section for the most molested GT? i know ill take it out cheers pat

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #66
cob115
COUPE WHORE

im confeuesd after reading the entry conditions it apears i have to be a member of a GT club to enter my GT? im a club member of the ford owners car club as i have a few others witch arnt GTs.can i bring a few coupes (mine)that arnt GTs ie xc cobra, landau ,goss ,not for judgeing but because there coupes : asking this cos i saw there were a few cars at your bbq yesterday that wernt GTs but were nice cars. do i have to pay $100for each car if there allowed? is there some thing that gives the days events for each day yet?im not realy intrested in having my car judged but would like bring it and share its history and check out others as well.iv never been to this event befor so i got no idea what to expect or what is expected , so best to ask cheers pat

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #67
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

What is the schedule planned for the whole weekend, I will be comming over and staying a week there, but was interested as to what is going on and if I am allowed as a spectator to watch on all the days events, like scruitnering, etc, or am I only allowed to come to the actuall show and shine day ???.
Old 23-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #68
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
im confeuesd after reading the entry conditions it apears i have to be a member of a GT club to enter my GT? im a club member of the ford owners car club as i have a few others witch arnt GTs.can i bring a few coupes (mine)that arnt GTs ie xc cobra, landau ,goss ,not for judgeing but because there coupes : asking this cos i saw there were a few cars at your bbq yesterday that wernt GTs but were nice cars. do i have to pay $100for each car if there allowed? is there some thing that gives the days events for each day yet?im not realy intrested in having my car judged but would like bring it and share its history and check out others as well.iv never been to this event befor so i got no idea what to expect or what is expected , so best to ask cheers pat
There are more than just Falcon GT's in the club, because like yourself, many owners have an interest in all classic Fords. Some owners of non GT's are inbetween owning GT's or are guy's looking to step up to a GT one day.

The Nationals guidelines state you need to be a member of a Falcon GT club to enter the concourse(You can get Falcon GT Club of SA membership at the half year price prior to entering). Entry fee is for "each car" and this gets you a goodies bag which includes an Event Shirt, commemorative plauqe and other goodies, it also covers the cost of entry to the dispaly day and other event offers.

Old 23-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #69
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
What is the schedule planned for the whole weekend, I will be comming over and staying a week there, but was interested as to what is going on and if I am allowed as a spectator to watch on all the days events, like scruitnering, etc, or am I only allowed to come to the actuall show and shine day ???.
Thanks for the interest in coming to Adelaide. Are you planing on coming alone or as a friend/family of an entrant?

The proposed event program is:
Scrutineerining on Thursday/Friday,
Meet'n'Greet Friday evening,
Display Day on Saturday,
Motorsport event on Sunday,
Presentation Dinner Sunday Night,
Short Cruise and Picnic on Monday
The only day open to the public is the Display Day (no charge) on Saturday. All other activities are for entrants and their families/buddies, etc.

Old 23-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #70
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcoupe
Thanks for the interest in coming to Adelaide. Are you planing on coming alone or as a friend/family of an entrant?

The proposed event program is:
Scrutineerining on Thursday/Friday,
Meet'n'Greet Friday evening,
Display Day on Saturday,
Motorsport event on Sunday,
Presentation Dinner Sunday Night,
Short Cruise and Picnic on Monday
The only day open to the public is the Display Day (no charge) on Saturday. All other activities are for entrants and their families/buddies, etc.
Thankyou for your reply, I was only coming over with my partner as we were looking to go there for a holiday and hopefully spend sometime there looking and seeing what goes on with this event, as I went to the Ballarat event and enjoyed it, I was looking forward to comming over but I do not know anyone in the club scene so I assume I am only able to view and come to the Sat event, to which I think might be a long way to go just for a day's viewing, but we will see.
Old 24-06-2008, 12:30 AM   #71
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Thankyou for your reply, I was only coming over with my partner as we were looking to go there for a holiday and hopefully spend sometime there looking and seeing what goes on with this event, as I went to the Ballarat event and enjoyed it, I was looking forward to comming over but I do not know anyone in the club scene so I assume I am only able to view and come to the Sat event, to which I think might be a long way to go just for a day's viewing, but we will see.
Adelaides not too bad a place to spend the week, and with a 200-300 GT's cruising aroud the city CBD for 4-5 days I am sure you'll still get to see more than just the show'n'shine.

Old 24-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #72
nickd
Passionate Ford XD XE nut

Quote:
Adelaides not too bad a place to spend the week, and with a 200-300 GT's cruising aroud the city CBD for 4-5 days I am sure you'll still get to see more than just the show'n'shine.

totally agree with you on that cruise along south road up to the hills or through the barossa lots of things to do with a few cars.

Any chance where we can put our names down for this?
Does it have to members only?
Is it only GT's or other Fords allowed to go?
Thought I'd ask as there are a few of us with the last V8's that might want to come aswell.

Cheers
Nickd
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2008, 02:13 AM   #73
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

13th Falcon GT Nationals Motorsport Day Update!

Unfortunately, due to a change of Adelaide track office staff earlier this year and despite our regular contact with the replacment track manager of A.I.R, confirmation of our booking has been misplaced. We did try repeatedly to renegotiate the booking but no interest was shown from the Australian Motorsport Club representative. At this point in time we have been advised there is no other event booked/planned(at A.I.R) for the Easter weekend and the operators wish to leave the booking open until something better(for them) comes along.

Here are a few lines from recent communication with the Australian Motorsport Club(A.M.C, owners of Calder Park Raceway and Adelaide International Raceway based in Melbourne).

“As discussed you advised me that in November 2007 a discussion took place with the Adelaide International Raceway secretary (Adelaide Office)and at this time your organisation was advised no bookings would be made or rates supplied until the completion of the resurfacing of the Adelaide International Raceway Track. This procedure is still currently underway due to the weather has been delayed beyond our control.” (AMC)

“Just to clarify what we discussed and previously advised we are not prepared at this stage to hire out Adelaide International Raceway which holds a four day long weekend with the opportunity for ourselves as the venue holder to operate our event.”(AMC)

“We would highly appreciate if this is the end of this matter as the choice to leave this date open for Adelaide International Raceway is in place.”(AMC)

“Unfortunately nothing is confirmed at this stage so I cannot make any type of commitments for the event. When AIR operates a event I am more than certain no other parties will be involved unfortunately.” (AMC)

“The choice to leave this date open for Adelaide International Raceway is in place.”(AMC)

We apologise for any disappointment this may cause to current and potential entrants of the 13th Falcon GT Nationals, this change in the event programme was beyond or control. We will have news of an alternative activity for Sunday by the end of October.
Old 14-10-2008, 03:04 AM   #74
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Do you have to be a member of a club to attend this event as a spectator?

Thanks in advance

George
gcg2503 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #75
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Do you have to be a member of a club to attend this event as a spectator?

Thanks in advance

George
Definately not! Stay tuned to this thread or visit our web site closer to the event for full details of the weekends program of events. Hundreds of GT's cruising Adelaide over four days will be a sight you wont forget!!!
Old 17-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #76
GTP-RPD
GTP-RPD

Quote:
13th Falcon GT Nationals Motorsport Day Update!

Unfortunately, due to a change of Adelaide track office staff earlier this year and despite our regular contact with the replacment track manager of A.I.R, confirmation of our booking has been misplaced. We did try repeatedly to renegotiate the booking but no interest was shown from the Australian Motorsport Club representative. At this point in time we have been advised there is no other event booked/planned(at A.I.R) for the Easter weekend and the operators wish to leave the booking open until something better(for them) comes along.

Here are a few lines from recent communication with the Australian Motorsport Club(A.M.C, owners of Calder Park Raceway and Adelaide International Raceway based in Melbourne).

“As discussed you advised me that in November 2007 a discussion took place with the Adelaide International Raceway secretary (Adelaide Office)and at this time your organisation was advised no bookings would be made or rates supplied until the completion of the resurfacing of the Adelaide International Raceway Track. This procedure is still currently underway due to the weather has been delayed beyond our control.” (AMC)

“Just to clarify what we discussed and previously advised we are not prepared at this stage to hire out Adelaide International Raceway which holds a four day long weekend with the opportunity for ourselves as the venue holder to operate our event.”(AMC)

“We would highly appreciate if this is the end of this matter as the choice to leave this date open for Adelaide International Raceway is in place.”(AMC)

“Unfortunately nothing is confirmed at this stage so I cannot make any type of commitments for the event. When AIR operates a event I am more than certain no other parties will be involved unfortunately.” (AMC)

“The choice to leave this date open for Adelaide International Raceway is in place.”(AMC)

We apologise for any disappointment this may cause to current and potential entrants of the 13th Falcon GT Nationals, this change in the event programme was beyond or control. We will have news of an alternative activity for Sunday by the end of October.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/misc.php?

any other options yet, Mallalla?
and to think I was about to order slicks for the GTO?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=0&forumid=194#
69 XTGT
70 XWGT
97 EL Fairmont Ghia
68 HK Monaro GTS327
73 HQ Monaro GTS427
71 XY GTHO
03 BA GT-P Mk1
04 BA Falcon XR6
05 BA GT-P Mk2
06 WRX
06 HSV GTO Z
93 ED Fairmont
16 FG-X G6E Turbo
GTP-RPD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #77
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Only 48 days to go now!!!!!

Thankyou to everyone who has entered and making the trip over to Adelaide from all over Australia and New Zealand.

If you haven't made dinner ticket bookings please send them in by the end of March. Make sure to let any of your friends/family who may be heading over for a look to order their tickets through you (If you have already ordered but need extras just send in another order form formhttp://www.falcongtnationals2009.com.au/merchandisedinnerform.pdf).

For those of you who are still trying to make up your mind to come over it's not too late to enter! Only a few goody bags left and judging nominations are now closed but get your entry in before the 5th April and be part of Australia's largest Falcon GT party! http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com...sentryform.pdf

Regards,
Sean.
Old 25-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #78
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

The invitation to all Falcon GT Nationals entrants to compete at the Sporting Car Club of SA's Historic Race Meeting at Mallala Raceway closes soon.

“Please note that you cannot enter on race day – you must submit your entry form to the Sporting Car Club by 1st March if you wish to compete.”

All entry details avaiable here http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com.au/motorsport.htm please send entry forms and payment direct to the Sporting Car Club of SA.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #79
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

39 days to go!

Dinner tickets for Friday and Saturday night are still available, please book before you arrive.

Last day to get you entry in for participation at the Sporting Car Clubs Historic race meeting. Please get your form directly to them within the next 48 hours to confirm your place in the programed of events.

See you soon,
Sean.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #80
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

34 days to go!

I'm sure the nat's will start earlier for those begining their road trip during the week before Easter.

Entries are now closed!!!

If you haven't got your entry in the mail, by the time you read this we will not be able to accept any more entries.

Dinner tickets for Friday's meet'n'greet and Sundays Finale dinner are still available, please order before arrival to ensure a place. http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com...dinnerform.pdf

An Entrants advice letter will be sent to all Entrants shortly to prepare you for your arrival in Adelaide.

Regards,
Sean.
Old 21-03-2009, 02:18 AM   #81
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Only 19 days to go!

We are all set to host Australia's biggest GT Falcon party over this coming Easter.

Due to last minute demand we have re-opened entries for those who still wish to be part of this special event.

Check our web site for entry forms or PM me and I'll get one straight to you.
http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com.au/

For those who haven't got your Friday or Sunday night dinner tickets, they are still available and will need to be purchased before you head over to the event.
http://www.falcongtnationals2009.co...edinnerform.pdf

Good luck with your preparations and look forward to seeing you soon!
Old 27-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #82
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

13 days to go!

All entrants will be receiving their entrants advice letters this week. This will be your guide to what you need to do when you've arrived in Adelaide. There is also a questionnare which will assist us with some final planning, it will be greatly appreciated if you could send it back during the next week.

Late entries need to be in asap, http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com...sentryform.pdf (Mr Rudds cheque should be arriving shortly, a great way to spend it!!! ;) )

The Sunday night dinner tickets are still available and the evening will be a great finale to the weekend. Great venue, 3 course meal, drinks, live music, gateway to Adelaides night spots, alternative menu available for special dietry requirements (please advise before you arrival in Adelaide) http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com...dinnerform.pdf tickets will not be available at the event so order now to avoid disapointment.

See you soon!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #83
suttoo

I am very interested in coming to Adelaide next weekend for this, where is the show and shine happening and when?

Cheers
1997 EL GT, #102, Manual, 27000kms.
2002 AU3 TS50 #114, Auto
suttoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2009, 03:50 AM   #84
GTB 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Elder park, sat at 10 am
GTB 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #85
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Maxi Taxi?

Would any of the SA Club members have a contact for a large taxi (2 adults 2 toddlers, stroller, baby seats, & 3 suitcases!!!) We arrive on the 7th April 11 am & depart 14th April Qantas terminal. I would rather my money to a fellow GT enthusiast!!! See you all @ the Nationals.!!! :
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #86
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

5 Days To go!!

348 entries!!!

I hope plainning is going well for all of you, some people are already on there way and cars have begun arriving by truck!

Even though it's only days away everyone involved at Nationals HQ are into full Nationals mode preparing eveything for your arrival and a weekned of Falcon GT excitement.

Thankyou to everyone who has been returning the Questionnaire, please keep them coming, the information you provide will ensure things run smoothly.

Event Registration opens on Wednesday 8th April 4.00pm at the Grand Chifley, please ensure to register and collect your goody bag, entrant vehicle sticker and additional merchandise as early as possible.

Please travel safely and see you soon.

Regards,
Sean.