Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Default To serve and to Satisfy!!

Probably been done to death, and have had more than enough negative threads about the boys in blue, but this thread is to relate our satisfaction with the police.
I'll relate a story.

For those of you that know, my parents retired to a sleepy little town on the mid north west coast of Tasmania between Devonport and Burnie named Ulverstone. Anyway, as I recently had my beloved G6E-T returned to me by my father (I'd swapped him for his Fairlane), I took an adventurous drive through the wine country of Victoria, and later the Spirit of Tasmania with his now immaculately cleaned and polished Fairlane.

On the first evening of my annual pilgrimage to the great southern isle, I attempted some fishing. This was constantly interrupted by the plethora of young tools and their hotted up VR commodores, Toranas and the odd falcon (badly tarted up) doing circuits of the town. The obligatory cannons and doof doof music adorned the "Superschit auto" fanclub members' cars; and the noise generated between them in chorus can best be described as the mating call of a lonely, inbred bogan on heat. Not wanting to create trouble for my parents when I'm not there, I ignored it. As the days went on, it seemed to get worse, and the activity of these wanton creatures of the night reached an all new high on a Wednesday night - perhaps a coincidence of centrelink payday where they could again afford petrol.

Further, on this Wednesday night, a 250cc motorbike joined the fray and started eminating his own sickly mating song of high revs and little speed; all designed to annoy. Obviously a resident got tired of this and called for law enforcement. At around 11:30 on this night, I saw a marked police car approach and heard the incessant hum of the hoard approach. A million thoughts entered my head; had the police been seen? Had the bogans been tipped off? Would they be so stupid as to drive past and deny it? Would they run etc etc. Well, No, no, yes and no. As soon as they turned into the street where the cops waited for them, the lights came on and faster than Angelina Jolie adopting jungle pygmies from Africa, they were all given tickets. The noise had gone, the residents got some sleep and the fish began to bite. All in all, it's satisfying to see the inconsiderate and downright foolish get their just deserts.
Well done police for being there when and where it mattered.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 02:16 AM   #2
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
If only more of them were available to do their jobs, like this, and not stuck behind a desk doing paperwork. Good to hear the boys in blue get the chance to do it right every now and again.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

glad your gettin some peace and quiet, 10 points to the boys in blue!
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 03:34 AM   #4
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

another 10 points for me...i have had nothing but respect for them...even the one or 2 times i was a naughty boy...i like seeing cops around, makes me feel safe
- even though i'm expecting a speeding fine in the mail from my return from chrissie holidays...i bear no ill will

i hear so much crap from guys at work who have lost their license 30 times, "cops are ****'s, they pulled me over cause i was doing a burnout in a school zone"...kind of crap
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

Ltd you tell a colourful story, very enjoyable.

When I was in tassie in a few years ago, the boys in blue were kickin butt in the same fashion as you described. They don't tolerate much crap from punks.

Though, what if it wasn't tourist season? I never went when it wasn't tourist season.
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
BuckTooth
Feel the boost

If they are available, its amazing what can be done. I was headed home from Warracknabeal to Hamilton a few weeks ago. A white VR came out of no where and tried to fly past me, how ever they forced me off the road due to an oncoming car. Now they P plated driver was doing about 120-130km/h because he left me like i was standing still. After gettin his rego i phoned ahead to the police in Horsham. About 10km outside Horsham, he was sitting on the side of the road with a Divivan behind him.

The only reason i rang is because he forced me off the road. (I was a P-Plater, i've done stupid things, and i was caught)
Old 06-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cop or not its not uncommon for people to do the job there Payed for hardly worth applause .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was riding MTB up in the bush at killingworth one day with my mate. As we were going back to the 4x4 we saw a paddy wagon driving down one of the trails.
We put the bikes on the bike rack and started heading back to the road. This cop started to follow us on the way back.

I had no bike rack number plate on and thought he was going to pull me over as soon as I got onto the public road and fine me.

The bike rack was on an angle and my handle bar was tapping on the back window over every bump. So when I got back to the road I pulled over and went to fix it. The cop stop next to me and said something like "How it going mate, did you see any burnt out cars when you were up in the bush" we told him no but it was our first time there and we didn't go to far, and he just said "No worries, have a good one" and drove off.
I was surprised and happy that all cops are not hell bent on handing out fines over every little thing.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #9
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ltd s perfect world,,next time dont get off the boat at tassie and keep going to the big white snow covered island a bit further south,,,mite be a bit quieter down there for you.
sprint347dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #10
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy
Cop or not its not uncommon for people to do the job there Payed for hardly worth applause .
True indeed, but then why is it so many people on here whinge like little kids about police doing their job?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #11
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
True indeed, but then why is it so many people on here whinge like little kids about police doing their job?
Because they themselves are immature selfish little kids that deserve the Police attention that they get.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #12
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose

My guess would be because the powers that be use them as a tax collection agency . While the crime rate keeps climbing .

I got fined because my 6x4 trailer was unregistered . In vic a 6x4 trailer does not need to be registered unless it for trade use . I got fined on a Saturday because my trailer had a small tool box in it .

Seems to me there job lines have been blurred and to much power is being used to oppress citizens. An if you put your hand up for that job dont be suprised if your not popular .
Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #13
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Our new premier says 6,000 new recruits over the next few years. Guess a lot of blokes who break the law like Snappy will be shirty. What was the reason they initially pulled you over for mate? My guess is it wasnt just the trailer issues. Give the coppers a break, we need more of them and the sooner they get out there and pull all these bozo's in to line the better. will make our world all that little bit better, just like the good old days.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #14
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint347dave
ltd s perfect world,,next time dont get off the boat at tassie and keep going to the big white snow covered island a bit further south,,,mite be a bit quieter down there for you.

I'm sorry I didn't realise reading big words would be a problem for you. Maybe next time I'll try and dumb it down to cater for the likes of the intellectually challenged like yourself. As for what I "mite"(sic) do, I'll consider your suggestion even though the boat doesn't go there. Can I proffer though, next time you might stay in school and realise the difference between "might" and "mite". See if you could get a group discount if they teach you how to punctuate as well. Meanwhile, enjoy your hooning/speeding/burn-out fine.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #15
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Good to hear mate

I have a few friends who are in the police and have obvs needed police help over the years as well as had the odd run in (traffic wise) and being in the industry im in i see a fair amount of what goes on.

Overall 99% of police are doing a tough job really well and my hat goes off to them as these guys are in a high stress position intervening in what can be some of the hardest times in peoples lives and dealing with drunken idiots and scumbags and these guys and girls really deserve our admiration and RESPECT.

The highway patrol squad attracts ppl that as kids that were beat up in school taking their revenge on the world but a few decent ppl are in that squad too and they do deal with some pretty horrific car accidents as well as dish out fines and you can imagine the abuse they cop sometimes so their job is not the easiest too.

But than you have the public order and riot squad who walk down Oxford St and one of them will push a kid onto the road and than another will grab him by the neck and tell him off for getting on the road and throw him to the ground if he speaks back all hell is unleashed on him these guys are the worst of the worst and a few years back (pre Cronulla) would have been sacked or failed a phyc test but have been put together to deal with the mid east gangs mainly. time will tell if they work or not but right now from what i see they cause more trouble than they stop as they are just another gang really.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......

Last edited by bigsta; 06-01-2011 at 12:00 PM.
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #16
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Our new premier says 6,000 new recruits over the next few years. Guess a lot of blokes who break the law like Snappy will be shirty. What was the reason they initially pulled you over for mate? My guess is it wasnt just the trailer issues. Give the coppers a break, we need more of them and the sooner they get out there and pull all these bozo's in to line the better. will make our world all that little bit better, just like the good old days.
That was the reason he pulled me over with one of those new number plate scanners .

Yes he was doing his so called job but if you expect me to shake his hand and say thanks mate . Think Again

I guess maybe i reminded him of a bloke that used to steal his lunch money when he was a kid .

Last edited by snappy; 06-01-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #17
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
.... but this thread is to relate our satisfaction with the police.
I'll relate a story.
Stick to the topic above. This is a thread for positive stories, not one for any perceived negatives.

You hear good and bad in every job, but I only need to drive past a bad accident, to fully appreicate the great job police do. I couldn't imagine having to deal with the stuff they see and have to deal with.

My feel good was when I turned into a driveway across double lines, with a police car right behind me. I honestly didn't know you couldn't do that and when the officer got out with her book and asked why I crossed the lines I thought I was going to get a ticket. When I stated I know this isn't an excuse, but I didn't realise it was illegal, she looked at my licence and said now you do and said have a great day.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #18
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Because any job in the world, despite being paid for it, like to receive a little thanks once in a while.

Otherwise, why thank a tuner for a good job on here, they were just doing the job they were paid for?

We had a case recently that we were attending where it was a female that had had a "fall" and received a laceration. In the case details it stated that all occupants in the house sounded intoxicated and there many loud voices. Knowing the area well I became suspicious and felt it may be an assault. I requested our coms centre call the police to attend and ensure the scene was safe. This request was denied as they felt the scene was safe and I was instructed to proceed with caution.

When we arrived it was on a small cul de sac with the house about half way down. As I pulled up I could hear a lot of abuse being thrown around and the scene did not appear safe with people that appeared bot drunk and aggressive on the front porch and lawn of the house. As I tried to turn around to leave and call for the police, a person jumped in front of our ambulance and was bashing on the bonnet, preventing me from leaving. I immediately called LR over the radio, which is the distress call we use that alert the coms centre we are in imminent danger and we require urgent police assistance. At the same time another person managed to open the side door of the ambulance and entered the vehicle (I had hit the door locks but the crappy merc system sometimes leaves doors unlocked, he picked the right one). We now had a aggravated and abusive person standing in from of our vehicle and one inside it, not a good situation at all. On top of all this there were others on the front lawn of the house moving towards us whilst yelling abuse at those near our vehicle.

In what seemed like under a minute (more like about 2-3 minutes) the first police units arrived which consisted of a GD sedan and a dog unit. Luckily in this time I was able to talk the person down a bit and although still aggravated he had not assaulted us at all and I had managed to move the vehicle down the road out of the sight of those at the house. The end result was we successfully removed the injured person from the scene and administered aid to her without being injured ourselves in the process. The police response was fast, with 2 units on scene in a few minutes and 3 more within 5 minutes after that. I have no doubt that without the police presence we would have ended up in a very sticky situation and would not have been able to do our job safely. I love my job and get a buzz out of helping people but I always like to go home in good health at the end of each shift.

So from me, a big thanks to the boys and girls in blue that helped us out in that situation and all the other times they help us get our job done. To be honest, if it was not for the knowledge that they are there when I need them, I would not do this job. We have too many times when we get sent into volatile and potentially dangerous situations and I would not be comfortable doing that without the level of service available that our police provide.

Last edited by geckoGT; 06-01-2011 at 12:21 PM.
geckoGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #19
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have seen first hand the response by the Police to an armed assault they come down hard when that happens very hard so much so you cant fart without them taking it as evidence

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #20
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

gecko, no doubt you do an awsome job and the police with their responses.

but i have to ask this question.

aren't you divulging a little too much info on your precedure and the lack of security on the ambulances?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #21
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFlash
gecko, no doubt you do an awsome job and the police with their responses.

but i have to ask this question.

aren't you divulging a little too much info on your precedure and the lack of security on the ambulances?

Honestly, no I don't think so.

Besides that is not the topic so lets not get off track.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #22
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Go and do their job for a week and then tell us what you think about them "doing their job, hardly worth applause".
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #23
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
... called LR over the radio,
Loaded ratbags?
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #24
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckTooth
A white VR came out of no where and tried to fly past me, how ever they forced me off the road due to an oncoming car.
hmm, that's happened to me, but not a commodore. it was before mobile phones, so i stopped in at the police station at the next town, but unfortunately there was no one there.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #25
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Probably been done to death, and have had more than enough negative threads about the boys in blue, but this thread is to relate our satisfaction with the police.
I'll relate a story.

Further, on this Wednesday night, a 250cc motorbike joined the fray and started eminating his own sickly mating song of high revs and little speed; all designed to annoy. Obviously a resident got tired of this and called for law enforcement. At around 11:30 on this night, I saw a marked police car approach and heard the incessant hum of the hoard approach. A million thoughts entered my head; had the police been seen? Had the bogans been tipped off? Would they be so stupid as to drive past and deny it? Would they run etc etc. Well, No, no, yes and no. As soon as they turned into the street where the cops waited for them, the lights came on and faster than Angelina Jolie adopting jungle pygmies from Africa, they were all given tickets. The noise had gone, the residents got some sleep and the fish began to bite. All in all, it's satisfying to see the inconsiderate and downright foolish get their just deserts.
wish the boys in blue would do that in the court I live in

I'm not going to bash her as it is not the local boys fault it's the fact that they dont have the numbers to do anything about it

In vic we need more on the street to stop this sort of thing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #26
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

jason, i don't understand your post mate
Old 06-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #27
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage
Go and do their job for a week and then tell us what you think about them "doing their job, hardly worth applause".

I was refering to the original post .
Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #28
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFlash
jason, i don't understand your post mate
what is not to understand

the court I live in has a park at the end of it no houses and it runs straight into another street

we have people on motorbikes racing up and down the court every day around the same time every time ( although they haven't tonight

when we ring the local boys ie Corio Police they never have a car or as we get told take it up with the Vic premier as they wont give us the resources to cope with that sort of thing

now is that the Corio Police's fault i dont think so

As i stated in my post above I don't blame Vic pol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #29
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter
Stick to the topic above. This is a thread for positive stories, not one for any perceived negatives.

You hear good and bad in every job, but I only need to drive past a bad accident, to fully appreicate the great job police do. I couldn't imagine having to deal with the stuff they see and have to deal with.

My feel good was when I turned into a driveway across double lines, with a police car right behind me. I honestly didn't know you couldn't do that and when the officer got out with her book and asked why I crossed the lines I thought I was going to get a ticket. When I stated I know this isn't an excuse, but I didn't realise it was illegal, she looked at my licence and said now you do and said have a great day.

No doubt if I am incorrect it will be pointed out, but I think you can cross double lines if entering of leaving a property via the shortest route in NSW?

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #30
WMD351
Size it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
I'm not going to bash her
I sincerely hope you meant to type "here"

Sadly in Vic the government was handed a report in 1970 that advised 13,000 was the number of police required over the upcoming years to maintain order.
No prize for guessing how many police we're about to finally get now that it's 2011.
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post