Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #31
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOND30
Yep that's the one, Feb 2008! Two and a half years... *sigh*

Disappointing, but frankly what competition is there? Passat and Octavia? It's not like the current 2.0L is uncompetitive, it's just not outstanding like the 2.2L would be...

Or would that possibly eat away at Territory diesel sales, once the thing finally gets released?
I would have thought the Mazda 6 was a direct competitor to the mondeo? 2.2L diesel - 132kw and 400Nm using 5.9L of juice however it is manual only.

Next year Mazda are releasing their 'sky-d' diesel engine. It is said to be 20% more economical, so should break into the 4's while having 15% more torque. This works out to 460Nm but from the details I have seen it will be released with more like 420Nm. I haven't been able to find a power figure though so that has me thinking it will be about the same. It will be available in manual and auto and will be able to pass Euro 6.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #32
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought the 2.2 Disiel only come in manual? This is not going to help an auto loving country!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #33
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Not everyone loves autos !!!!!
For me, no manual = crossed off my shopping list.

...XR5 6-spd old-school 3-pedal full manual....yee har!!
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #34
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Is there a link to the pricing for the new Mondeo anywhere?
I need to start my research.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #35
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
Not everyone loves autos !!!!!
For me, no manual = crossed off my shopping list.

...XR5 6-spd old-school 3-pedal full manual....yee har!!
agreed 100%, but we are a dieing bread in this country!!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #36
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Just got a post from Andrew at Ethridge Ford here in Melb, there is a stop on the production of all the Titanium wagons, and he doesn't expect to see any unit Jan/Feb, which will probably mean March/April.
They haven't been advised what the issue is.
Puts a bit of a spanner in the works for me, as I was looking at changing over in Jan/Feb...
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #37
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Just got a post from Andrew at Ethridge Ford here in Melb, there is a stop on the production of all the Titanium wagons, and he doesn't expect to see any unit Jan/Feb, which will probably mean March/April.
They haven't been advised what the issue is.
Puts a bit of a spanner in the works for me, as I was looking at changing over in Jan/Feb...
That's why sales are bad for the Mondeo..FORD Aus..cann't get supply. When someone wants one they cann't get one, so they buy another brand. FORD really need to look into their European supply system.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #38
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
That's why sales are bad for the Mondeo..FORD Aus..cann't get supply. When someone wants one they cann't get one, so they buy another brand. FORD really need to look into their European supply system.
Wrong..

They have a supply issue always at the start of a new model but once they get over the first 3 - 4 months stock is everywhere.

Same happens with Fiesta & Focus.. People were waiting 3 months for Fiesta when they first came out now you can get one straight away in any colour you want. Theres truck loads of Mondeos available at the moment, people just dont buy them coz they are a Ford.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #39
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Wrong..

They have a supply issue always at the start of a new model but once they get over the first 3 - 4 months stock is everywhere.

Same happens with Fiesta & Focus.. People were waiting 3 months for Fiesta when they first came out now you can get one straight away in any colour you want. Theres truck loads of Mondeos available at the moment, people just dont buy them coz they are a Ford.

Wrong Brent!

Sales of Mondeo have increased 3 fold in the last 12 months, we have fleets waiting 3-4 months, sometimes longer for some models, and supply is definantly an issue. Wagons and diesel variants are paticularly scarse, at least in this in this part of the world!
Its a VERY good product that is gaining momentum and will be a big part of Ford Volumes in the future.

Last edited by phoonfan; 06-10-2010 at 12:56 PM.
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #40
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don’t understand how hard it can be to supply Australia with such a small amount of 1,000-ish per month (which is double current sell rate).. If these factories are not running at max capacity, what is causing such problems?? Escpcailly with EUR to AUD being really nice at the moment, what better to buy for Ford Aust?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #41
yelpir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I don’t understand how hard it can be to supply Australia with such a small amount of 1,000-ish per month (which is double current sell rate).. If these factories are not running at max capacity, what is causing such problems?? Escpcailly with EUR to AUD being really nice at the moment, what better to buy for Ford Aust?

Demand in Europe!, They get served first,
yelpir is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #42
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelpir
Demand in Europe!, They get served first,
So you're saying these plants are running at max (Well max at current setup/ configuration)?? If so, then I understand why..
Old 06-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #43
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
Its a VERY good product that is gaining momentum and will be a big part of Ford Volumes in the future.
We know that,what I want to know is why don't we get the best engines that are available overseas I saw a picture of the console of the 2011 model with satnav,rear camera it look stunning what do we get,the same old Sony head unit

apstar

ps not having a go at you
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #44
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The new Mercedes E Class has the old engines..cann't get their new CGI engines certified for Australia!!! If MB has trouble !! What chance does Ford have !!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #45
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Wrong Brent!

Sales of Mondeo have increased 3 fold in the last 12 months, we have fleets waiting 3-4 months, sometimes longer for some models, and supply is definantly an issue. Wagons and diesel variants are paticularly scarse, at least in this in this part of the world!
Looking at the graphs in the technical section, Mondeo sales have been stagnant for the past 3 years and have only breached 500 sales per month 3 or 4 times in those 3 years.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 01:01 AM   #46
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Wrong Brent!

Yes but once they catch up with wagons and diesel models they will be sitting around collecting dust like the rest of them.

Wagons and Diesels are an issue but Petrol Titaniums, Zetecs and LX's seem to be readily available.. and sitting around! Maybe they should build more Diesels and less Petrols and think for once.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #47
yelpir

[QUOTE=apstar]We know that,what I want to know is why don't we get the best engines that are available overseas I saw a picture of the console of the 2011 model with satnav,rear camera it look stunning what do we get,the same old Sony head unit

Baffles me too! You would think you would want to sell your best product but not Ford Australia. The reason....probably the car behind you....Ford Falcon!
Understand the need to protect Aussie jobs, but c'mon Ford Australia, bring the best Mondeo engines and configurations to us and let us make that choice. Don't drip feed us outdated engines......
yelpir is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #48
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank guys glad to know I'm not the only one that feels that way.This link will show you why Ford better pull the finger out if they want Mondeo in this list AND its NOT the cars fault,although those that don't visit this site may think "oh they don't sell well?"

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/509...igh-on-the-hog

apstar
Old 07-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #49
stuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Some very wise person with the tag 'pleasure pit' just added comments supporting the Mondeo.

Nice work but probably
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #50
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm link disappeared into thin air wonder if Ford told them to, getting to them maybe?

apstar
Old 12-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #51
Mickmelb

I was in the local dealer today and he confirmed the new Titanium will be out in November although limited numbers till the new year. They don't have any pricing yet but he expects it to be similar to what it is now. It was refreshing to talk to a dealer who actually knew there's an update on its way. Its the second dealer I've be to recently with stock of the new Focus RS seems they are not selling as fast as Fords marketing arm would have us believe.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #52
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
Its the second dealer I've be to recently with stock of the new Focus RS seems they are not selling as fast as Fords marketing arm would have us believe.
there are reportedly NO white left and only about 40odd all up yet to be sold. not bad for a car that is a) quite pricey for a hatchback b) not been marketed hardly at all c) released PRIOR to the local motor show...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #53
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo_broady
there are reportedly NO white left and only about 40odd all up yet to be sold. not bad for a car that is a) quite pricey for a hatchback b) not been marketed hardly at all c) released PRIOR to the local motor show...
No whites left. Are you sure? Carsales shows differently
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #54
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There was a Titanium wagon on the Ford display at Bathurst with the 2.0 diesel. What a ****ing joke.

But there was a green RS Focus. I wanted to take it home!
Old 13-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #55
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dwayne, someone on the new XR forums was saying they wanted a whitey but was told there were none left?? they've now ordered a greenie...

carsales (the link you posted) also only shows 35 available...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
Old 13-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #56
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The accountant has given me the word to change over the XR5 before July next year. I've started a broad short list but nothing is leaping out, like the Mondeo did last time. I'll probably seek some inspiration / enthusiasm at the Motor Show next week.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #57
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Anyone know if the interior is full leather and not the alcantara/leather that's in the MBs?

I'm getting close to putting an order in on a Titanium TDCi wagon.
Previous:
Old 15-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #58
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

For Oz, methinks the latter will be more liveable.
When I bought my MB XR5, I tried the Mazda 6 Lux Sport - comparable equipment levels. I found the XR5 seats much better to sit in and not slide around, and the mix of facing materials was a positive fdor the decision process....and just nicer to park my butt on. Just my opinion.....
I cetainly don't want full leather in my car that will get to be 40deg inside when it is 35+ outside. And yes, I know that is what you have aircon for, but the leather does not breathe as well as fabric.
Brings back memories of vinyl seats...that also don't breathe.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2010, 01:37 AM   #59
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Before I bought the Mondeo wagon, I'd almost settled on a Legacy (Liberty) with dark leather seats. I went for a final look late on a sunny December day, and that was the end of that idea...

A light colour might be OK, but then you'd have to keep them clean.
Old 18-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #60
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i agree. i was looking at a mazda 6 sports as a second car and i slid all over the place on the full leather... i love my leather/alcantara in the MB...