Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-12-2015, 07:43 AM   #1
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Unconventional Oven

Here's a video by celebrity chef Matt Moran, it's a little unconventional, but it puts a different perspective, on what's happening in your parked car on a hot day.

Even though Matt's video is about a little longer remember a quick "5 min dash to get milk" can result in a child or pets organs shutting down, and the beginning stages of brain damage resulting in permanent damage!

https://www.facebook.com/aami/videos/1010089702346822/

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2015, 09:19 AM   #2
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Unconventional Oven

With all the warnings out there now any parent caught doing this needs to be convicted to the full extent of the law.

Many of us that grew up before the 80's would remember that this used to be an accepted practice once.... Intolerable as it was we could at least unlock the door or crank down a window unlike most cars these days. And if we behaved ourselves we'd get to share a schooner of Pub squash between the three of us.....yuck....backwash on a hot day....
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2015, 09:44 AM   #3
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I ever come across a child in a car I will call the police and then break the window. There are no words to describe the idiots that still do this. One of my former customers worked for DHS and she came across a child left in a car and she called the police who arrived in less than 5 minutes. The poor kid was drenched in sweat.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2015, 10:47 AM   #4
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, then there is people leaving dogs locked in cars, oh hang on they say it's Ok as they have cracked the windows 20mm must be ok then.

Anyone doing this should at least have to front Court where they will probably get a soft slap on the wrist, while the kids/dogs are locked in the car outside Court

It seems you just can't teach some people as the know better, I recall a thread in this very forum not too long ago discussing the same thing where a huge number of people posting thought it was OK to lock kids/pets in cars.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2015, 02:48 PM   #5
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

There is so much known about this unforgiveable risky practice these days that anyone that does leave children and pets as well unattended in cars should be forced to spend some quality time with Bubba or Bertha to insert some sense into them.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #6
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
It seems you just can't teach some people as the know better, I recall a thread in this very forum not too long ago discussing the same thing where a huge number of people posting thought it was OK to lock kids/pets in cars.

I am surprised it's this far into the thread and there are no comments along the lines of "If someone broke my window, I would break their face"
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #7
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Yep, then there is people leaving dogs locked in cars, oh hang on they say it's Ok as they have cracked the windows 20mm must be ok then.

Anyone doing this should at least have to front Court where they will probably get a soft slap on the wrist, while the kids/dogs are locked in the car outside Court

angry red or blue heeler left in car with children whilst running with air con blasting would be perfectly safe
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #8
Itsme
Experienced Member

Should be a law to lock up these ******* in hot cars to see what it is really like!

Justice served!!!
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2015, 11:42 PM   #9
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't this a syndrome now? The parents are the real victims here apparently....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2015, 07:56 AM   #10
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

See the thing is, it's not limited to bogans n pokies, there's beautiful people in Landrovers "just ducking in to the shop for a minuet" as well

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2015, 11:32 PM   #11
bazza91
Backyard Mechanic

I wouldnt leave my dog in the car for 2 minutes, i cant begin to fathom how people can do it to their children.
I wont hesitate to smash the window on a car if it means saving a child or a dog from serious injury or death.
I also wont hesitate to punch someone in the head who feels its safe to leave an animal or child in the car unattended in the heat or cold.
I also despise those who have their dogs in the back of a steel tray ute on a hot day.
bazza91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: