Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Cool Plastic repair

Just picked up some XR8 Rebel side skitrs. The colour matches my AUII. One is slighlty damage underneath. Any suggestions on how to repair a plastic side skirt?
I waqs thinking of the blue gule used to fasten pool pipes together. Or use some Sikaflex.
Uncle_Ken
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 08:23 PM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

THere is aparently a glue that can be used on plastic bumper bars..
i'm not sure what it was called but i was told by a bumper recycler to goto a body shop and just ask :P
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I watched the remaking of 'Eleanor' on Fox a few weeks back, when adding the body moulds they used sikaflex then bogged over the top of it.. The fininshed product was A1 so i wouldnt hesitate in doing it that way

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 09:08 PM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I suggest you PM MADNC_8...he does this for a living and knows his stuff as far as plastic repair is concerned.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #5
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default So far so good

The blue gule used to fasten pool pipes together has held for the past 3 days. I ill have to reinforce a larger crak on the under side. I'm going to try a very thin solid plaicts and Sikaflex it on.
Uncle_Ken
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post