Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
Minerva
Starter Motor

Default WQ Fiesta - Weird engine noises

Hi,

I just purchased a WQ with 167,000kms. I didn't notice this when I test drove it/checked it over but when I got it home in the garage I noticed some odd noises.

Basically if you slam your foot hard on the throttle it makes a weird suction sound before revving but if you ease your foot on the throttle the noise doesnt happen.

Also I noticed after you turn the engine off about 5 seconds or so later a tapping or knocking sound can be heard for about 1-2 seconds.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Minerva; 27-05-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Minerva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: WQ Fiesta - Weird engine noises

First issue with the suction noise, completely normal it’s the throttle body opening and closing.

A clean car brings a clean mind
fiestaz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2018, 05:04 AM   #3
Ken_AUXR8

Default Re: WQ Fiesta - Weird engine noises

Is the tapping noise a single tap? Or a series of noises?

Our WQ makes a single tap and has similar kays. I think it's done sort of vacuum/hvac type thing that happens straight after engine shutoff.

It has done it since we've had the car, about 70,000 kms. Normal i think.

As above, suction noise is normal.
Ken_AUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post