Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2022, 11:23 AM   #1
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Ford Everest Hybrid

With news of the death of Fiesta and Focus ST from the Australian market, I feel Ford is due to drop some good news about new models.
I speculate that this will be the announcement of new Hybrid Everest and possibly Ranger models heading our way. I think this news will come pretty quick.

And if I could just dream a little I’d love to see Bronco and Maverick headed down under too.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2022, 02:25 PM   #2
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Ford Everest Hybrid

Rumour that an electric Bronco Sport went down the line at Valencia (Spain), possibly Maverick heading there as well.

……and then there’s the VW based BEVs going into Cologne next year…
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2022, 04:48 PM   #3
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

So instead of an Everest Raptor, Ford changes tack an goes for a hybrid instead…..excellent move Ford.
This user likes this post:
Old 07-08-2022, 07:26 PM   #4
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
So instead of an Everest Raptor, Ford changes tack an goes for a hybrid instead…..excellent move Ford.

Have you looked at worldwide emissions laws? Hybrid vehicles make cars like the Raptor possible. Manufacturers need to make a lot of clean cars so they can squeeze out a few performance cars.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:14 AM   #5
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Hopefully they put a decent size battery in it ....needs to be at least 20kw

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2022, 12:57 PM   #6
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My guess would be a full EV before Hybrid, with Hydrogen the final frontier
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
rare ss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2022, 01:48 PM   #7
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

yeah, nah. Hybrid rules are under review on Europe and if the regulatory changes go ahead hybrids are dead in the water.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/new...ssions-ratings
https://www.autodaily.com.au/plug-in...-new-eu-rules/
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2022, 08:32 PM   #8
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
yeah, nah. Hybrid rules are under review on Europe and if the regulatory changes go ahead hybrids are dead in the water.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/new...ssions-ratings
https://www.autodaily.com.au/plug-in...-new-eu-rules/
Don’t forget that Ford has been developing these vehicles over the past four years and rules have changed a lot in that time. While a hybrid or PHEV Everest mightn’t be an optimal product for Europe, it may become more important in Asia and our neck of the woods as a diesel replacement…
Old 08-08-2022, 08:58 PM   #9
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’m expecting a diesel hybrid not a PHEV.
This is pure speculation on my part. I’ve seen nothing official and I’m probably way off the mark.
Old 08-08-2022, 10:46 PM   #10
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Have you looked at worldwide emissions laws? Hybrid vehicles make cars like the Raptor possible. Manufacturers need to make a lot of clean cars so they can squeeze out a few performance cars.
But you dont necessarily need to offer a bigger engine in an Everest Raptor. Imagine Ford offered the Raptor suspension and flared guards/wider track as a factory option? The 4wding crowd would tick that box without a second thought.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2022, 02:30 AM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

EV Transit looks promising

Nice and simple under there - with IRS to boot:

Thats something that appeals to me with EVs, it simplifies the **** that makes the thing move, you've got a big *** battery, an electric motor, an inverter with some charging stuff and a cooling system for the electronics usually.

Whats the first service interval going to be? 120,000km for coolant change if it has a cooling system on the battery bank?

That thing is like a caravan underneath with a couple extras, there's no big *** twisty turny thing running the length of it with a bearing in the middle.

The typical white goods buyer (which is 99% of the market) is going to love EVs once they become reasonably priced, no noise, lots of torque and plug it in when you get home like your phone and so will the automotive industry because the skills shortage now becomes a massive over supply of mechanics and auto electricians

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 09-08-2022 at 02:49 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2022, 07:45 AM   #12
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I once again asked my Ford dealer last week, if I order a new Transit Custom, how long are you seeing the wait times based on current buyers receiving them...anything from 6 to over 12 months.....and this was while the service team were on their 20'th call chasing an alternator...after I got up off the floor I realised Ford are going to release an all-new Custom next year and a plug in hybrid soon after...so I could place an order today, might get a current model, might be the all-new or if I wait a bit more it could be an EV....and frankly I'm favouring an EV...I hate having work vehicles out of warranty....thank God they were able to rebuild my alternator pulley and charged as little as possible....there's a backlog on Transit Custom alternators and breaking pulleys are not uncommon when the idler pulley is seizing up....a word of advise...if things start to get noisy under the bonnet don't wait, I was booked for the idler replacement and the actual alternator pulley broke and belt snapped the day before it was being dropped off.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 09-08-2022 at 07:52 AM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2022, 08:59 AM   #13
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This is pure speculation on my part. I’ve seen nothing official and I’m probably way off the mark.
I'd be surprised if anyone ever builds a Diesel Hybrid
FGII FPV F6 #406
Old 09-08-2022, 10:19 AM   #14
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia
Ford only have petrol hybrids/PHEV's. It won't be diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
I once again asked my Ford dealer last week, if I order a new Transit Custom, how long are you seeing the wait times based on current buyers receiving them...anything from 6 to over 12 months.....and this was while the service team were on their 20'th call chasing an alternator...after I got up off the floor I realised Ford are going to release an all-new Custom next year and a plug in hybrid soon after...so I could place an order today, might get a current model, might be the all-new or if I wait a bit more it could be an EV....and frankly I'm favouring an EV...I hate having work vehicles out of warranty....thank God they were able to rebuild my alternator pulley and charged as little as possible....there's a backlog on Transit Custom alternators and breaking pulleys are not uncommon when the idler pulley is seizing up....a word of advise...if things start to get noisy under the bonnet don't wait, I was booked for the idler replacement and the actual alternator pulley broke and belt snapped the day before it was being dropped off.
E-Transit is coming later this year isn't it, and the E-Transit Custom a year or so later?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2022, 11:47 AM   #15
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

Quote:
you may know this, so forgive me, but PHEV stands for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle not Petrol
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2022, 11:57 AM   #16
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The typical white goods buyer (which is 99% of the market) is going to love EVs once they become reasonably priced, no noise, lots of torque and plug it in when you get home like your phone and so will the automotive industry because the skills shortage now becomes a massive over supply of mechanics and auto electricians
Oi! Some buy for the performance!
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2022, 12:03 PM   #17
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare ss View Post
I'd be surprised if anyone ever builds a Diesel Hybrid
Mercedes have been doing this for years! Think they launched it in 2014 or earlier.
Old 09-08-2022, 12:47 PM   #18
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Oi! Some buy for the performance!
You're the 1%

One of my mates neighbors have an EV Volvo and they use their solar panels to charge a battery bank and then they draw power from the battery bank for the EV, so its powered by the sun.

I'm looking forward to EVs from a 'thank **** cars are getting simpler' perspective, modern cars are bull****, no ****s fixing that **** when it craps out after 8 years.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2022, 01:44 PM   #19
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
E-Transit is coming later this year isn't it, and the E-Transit Custom a year or so later?
Yep, Transit cargo EV (large) later this year, ICE Transit Customs 2023 and in 2024 to Oz for the Transit Custom EV..
https://www.ford.com.au/future-vehic...ransit-custom/
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2022, 01:57 PM   #20
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
You're the 1%

One of my mates neighbors have an EV Volvo and they use their solar panels to charge a battery bank and then they draw power from the battery bank for the EV, so its powered by the sun.

I'm looking forward to EVs from a 'thank **** cars are getting simpler' perspective, modern cars are bull****, no ****s fixing that **** when it craps out after 8 years.
I know. The number of Base Model 3's that are sold says as much, most of which are white as its a NCO. They are the new Camry of the world.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:00 PM   #21
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Mercedes have been doing this for years! Think they launched it in 2014 or earlier.
I must admit I never looked into it, I'm only familiar with the Toyota and BMW tech, learn something every day
FGII FPV F6 #406
Old 13-08-2022, 08:17 AM   #22
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford New Zealand announced they will be selling Mach-E and six other EV variants shortly.
This was triggered by the NZ government announcing new incentives for EV and PHEV.

Maybe Ford Australia are dragging their heels on bringing any of these cars here as they are expecting similar hand outs here.
Old 13-08-2022, 08:58 AM   #23
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ford New Zealand announced they will be selling Mach-E and six other EV variants shortly.
This was triggered by the NZ government announcing new incentives for EV and PHEV.

Maybe Ford Australia are dragging their heels on bringing any of these cars here as they are expecting similar hand outs here.
Well they better pull finger as the government said they will keep the rebate till March they were expecting to break even with the tax on gas guzzlers but its cost them a fortune as mostly ev,s and hybrids are selling

The cut off point is 80k nz would the Mach E be under that ?

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2022, 09:02 AM   #24
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Easier to execute in NZ because of small numbers of sales and acceptance of ECE design without changes.