Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-07-2022, 10:12 AM   #1
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Default Wiring loom/harness fastening clip

Does anyone have a product they use?
This is to replace those black clips which hold various size wiring and tubes to the body. In what seems to be a 7.5mm hole. They seem to come with an anti rattle washer.

Looking at the website of Clips and Fasteners recommended here, all I can see is this Mazda one (although when you contact them they can point out products that don't seem to appear in website searches).

https://www.carpartsclipsandfastener...uskub5i6ucsfa4

Because there are different thickness looms, what would seem ideal is something like this incorporating a cable tie?

https://au.element14.com/pro-elec/pe...PPING-PLA-PMAX
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2022, 10:18 AM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Wiring loom/harness fastening clip

The clip-in cable ties are readily available with a couple of different fixing hole sizes. Some brands are made so they can be readily opened up and closed again.

You can also buy clip-in saddles that a regular cable tie loops through.

Lots of better prices than at E14 for your likely quantities, shop around.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2022, 10:39 AM   #3
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

i actually reuse what unbroken ones i have .... or when visiting wreckers remove what i can & keep [not overly hard just need correct tools]. an example - i havn't found any clips for the tailgate trim on mine [BA wagooon] of the correct diameter . . . . so i'm using commondore wagon clips! - very snug fit compared to what i was using. that 1st link of yours made me think of the plastic clip that holds the door lever cable to the door [BA/BF not sure re AU].
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-07-2022, 10:43 AM   #4
asimplelife
Donating Member2

Thankyou for the response.
The E14 one was just for an example of what I was trying to describe.

Can I please ask for some supplier names?
Sorry if I appear lazy, but I had already checked Clips and Fastener, Ebay and a general Google search, without anything really standing out for me.
Or are you saying just go down to SuperCheap? I can't seem to see anything online that they have.
Old 17-07-2022, 10:50 AM   #5
asimplelife
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
i actually reuse what unbroken ones i have .... or when visiting wreckers remove what i can & keep.
Yes I am doing the same thing right now as I strip down my 2x AU wagons (gave up trying to make 1 out of 2 and bought an old guys mint wagon on gas). As I am keeping all the wiring harnesses too, atm these clips are staying with the harnesses. Have a few hundred glass jars with lids and I am cataloguing every part I remove (because I just can't remember what's what).

I just thought with these harness clips, for 20 bucks I might be able to buy a pack of 50 or a 100 from somewhere which could be handy to have on the shelf in the years to come (I've still got another 4 sedans to finish off after the wagons).
I've already done the same thing with the 6 and 8mm scrivets and the bonnet insulation clips.
But haven't had as much luck finding these harness clips.
This user likes this post:
Old 17-07-2022, 11:19 AM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s not close to you but K&R (Seven Hills) are one supplier of the cable tie clips, I think they do the saddles as well. They’re mostly wholesale but accept walk-ins. As they self-package I don’t know if they are the importer or one down the food chain.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: