Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 10-06-2022, 12:00 PM   #1
JoNalu
Starter Motor

Default Locked my key in the boot of my 2000 Ford Mondeo

Like the title suggests i stupidly lock my damn keys in the boot.
Is there a manual boot release I can use to open the boot ?
or
Is there a way to fold down the back seats ?
JoNalu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2022, 12:36 PM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Locked my key in the boot of my 2000 Ford Mondeo

Where is your second key?

Also, you should take a clear photo and keep it secure, of your key blade. Then a locksmith can cut an access key much more easily. It won’t start the car but means you can open or lock it, and in many cases operate the steering.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2022, 02:31 PM   #3
JoNalu
Starter Motor

I will be making a spare key very soon.
Im not sure if a locksmith can cut a key from a photo that is the same style as the AU Ford Falcon key but i will ask them thanks for the advice.

By luck and with a lot of stuffing around i managed to undo some of the HEX bolts at the base of the seats and make enough room to shove my arm in and pull my jacket with the keys in it out. Also I found the seat releases they are located inside the boot (WHY FORD WHY) so using them to get in wasnt possible and the Ford Mondeo Verona doesnt have a manual boot release anywhere in the car.

Otherwise if anyone else is ever stuck in the same situation with your only set of keys locked in the boot of a 2000 Ford Mondeo Verona call a locksmith because unless your lucky and can reach them like I managed to do then the locksmith is the only other non destrutive way.
JoNalu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2022, 03:58 PM   #4
.:4:.
Kicking back

Dunno, its probably like jags of the early 2000s. Rear seat things in the boot. Anti kidnapping or something. My dads jag had the rear seat release in the boot too.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2022, 07:35 PM   #5
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

with the other half's previous BF sedan ... i was able to find & fit a longer boot release cable that was fitted to LPG cars as a safety [?] feature due to the LPG tank being in the way of getting into the boot. plus in the event of being unable to open boot lid you just lowered a rear seat & pulled on the cable handle that sat behind it & the boot lid would open. any chance you could do this to yours ?.
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post