Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-01-2022, 09:16 AM   #1
Mintee
Starter Motor

Default MY 22 Focus ST - X

G'day

I'm awaiting a few more details relating to the MY 22 Focus ST-X before i'm likely to put some money down and order one. It sucks that in MY22, you can't get it in manual, but I want the fruit (Sunroof, Matrix LED, Adaptive Dampeners) for a daily. Anywhoo, I'm looking for some information if the forum can help me

Features of the ST
- Is there any rear AC? I'm reading that in some cars its located under the drivers and passengers seats although getting mixed messages
- Does the passengers side mirror dip when putting it into reverse to avoid kissing the curb with your wheels

Reliability
- I dont hear much issues in relation to the 2.3L Ecoboost, other then a small oil leak. How common is this in AUS cars? How hard and expensive is it to fix? Is there any other issues I need to worry about?

Cost
- Understanding with the Chip Shortage and COVID, cars are in high demand, has anyone brought one recently that can share what they paid drive away?
- Outside the 4 years $299 servicing, whats maintenance on these like just trying to understand how this stacks up to other European competitors, whats a pair of brake pads, whats a normal service worth

Forescan
- Is it worth investing in these? Is there any useful tweaks you can do in our market?

Is there anything else I need to consider or need to look out for, will probably not touch it too much whilst its in warranty, but what its pumping out at the moment seems fine

Thanks!
Mintee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2022, 01:06 PM   #2
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 
Default Re: MY 22 Focus ST - X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintee View Post
It sucks that in MY22, you can't get it in manual,
are you sure? ST3 is stopped for Australia but manual trans should be available in the MY22
Quote:
Focus ST Key Features
Focus ST
Focus ST
Driveaway Price From: $52,398 1Build
Exterior Roof - Black Painted
Drive Modes - Selectable Normal, Sport, Slippery
Rear View Camera with 180 Degree Split View
Engine Type 2.3L EcoBoost Petrol
7-Speed Automatic Transmission
6-Speed Manual Transmission
Combined Fuel Economy (L/100km) 8.8 (auto), 8.1 (manual)
FordPass Connect - Embedded Modem
13.2" Colour Touch Screen
Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
Satellite Navigation with Live Traffic Information
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2022, 01:09 PM   #3
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
are you sure? ST3 is stopped for Australia but manual trans should be available in the MY22
Been to a few dealers who confirmed in the 'X' variant there is no manuals. I really want the extra fruit, i.e sunroof. Take a read here:

https://www.drive.com.au/news/2022-f...ice-and-specs/
Old 28-01-2022, 02:05 PM   #4
Bossxr8
Peter Car

It has a 5 yr warranty. Why worry about an oil leak. If it does, it will be covered under warranty.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2022, 02:08 PM   #5
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
It has a 5 yr warranty. Why worry about an oil leak. If it does, it will be covered under warranty.
I plan to keep this car for a little longer then 5 years. But do get your perspective. It was a broader question around the 2.3L eco boost i get and their reliability and issues
Old 28-01-2022, 02:57 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
I plan to keep this car for a little longer then 5 years. But do get your perspective. It was a broader question around the 2.3L eco boost i get and their reliability and issues
There was some issues in earlier LZ RS having failed head gaskets but that was resolved and i wouldnt imagine it'll be an issue in a newer ST
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2022, 05:16 PM   #7
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

ok, sorry, I can't see anything about ST-X on the Australian web site at all, but from the UK site I can see your confusion.

ST-X is not an ST performance variant. It is a variant of the ST-line series which is a trim series not a performance series. It only gets the 1.0 ecoboost and 1.5/2.0 ecoblue not the 2.3
Old 28-01-2022, 05:29 PM   #8
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
ok, sorry, I can't see anything about ST-X on the Australian web site at all, but from the UK site I can see your confusion.

ST-X is not an ST performance variant. It is a variant of the ST-line series which is a trim series not a performance series. It only gets the 1.0 ecoboost and 1.5/2.0 ecoblue not the 2.3
mmm, i've tried looking at the UK stuff, cant seem to find any details. I guess I might need to wait a little longer for the details to be released here. In Australia it is the 2.3L ST with extra.

I know that the first batch are arriving May ish, was hoping to secure one of the first, but at the same time, dont want to pay a crazy amount. Its quote odd what ford AU are intending to do here with only offering the 'top' ST in auto. Frustrating honestly. But these days, other then Hyundai, not many manufactures are.
Old 28-01-2022, 05:34 PM   #9
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nope. it's 100% the ST-line X Edition

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/price-an...FocusGBR202175
Old 28-01-2022, 05:50 PM   #10
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:

ST-X is on the FoA website.
Well there is mentions of the differences between ST and ST-X in the Q&A, lists the added features on the ST. Try build one site no work
FoA have always faffed up ST variant's in Australia, this goes way back. We always get a mis match of models.
There is only 3 spec levels ST 1/2/3

Edit- i see what you mean re uk site, looks like a copy and paste onto FoA using the ST line x trim
Confusing as.
- Antz Turboside Intake

Last edited by DJM83; 28-01-2022 at 05:56 PM.
Old 28-01-2022, 06:33 PM   #11
Mintee
Starter Motor

I guess i appreciate the confusion.

But recent pricing on a ST or ST-3 anyone have? I dont feel theres much room to play at the moment
Old 28-01-2022, 06:35 PM   #12
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:

But recent pricing on a ST or ST-3 anyone have? I dont feel theres much room to play at the moment
ST3 is definitely auto only.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 04-02-2022, 04:33 PM   #13
Envi_XR8

Quote:

I get a quick quote from my local dealer when I dropped my car off for a service I was told about 56k for the ST-X with metallic paint, and yes he said that with the way things are they won’t budge
SY Mk II TTG ,2017 LZ Focus Sport ,BA G220 MkII in Blaze ,98 EL Futura ,BA MkII XR8 ,EL II XR8 185kw, 98 EL Fairmont Ghia and SY Territory Turbo
Envi_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2022, 05:09 PM   #14
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envi_XR8 View Post
I get a quick quote from my local dealer when I dropped my car off for a service I was told about 56k for the ST-X with metallic paint, and yes he said that with the way things are they won’t budge
Thanks for that info! I got told 63k and was going to tell them where to go! I didnt want to spend more then 52k, but I think I can strech it to 55k.... I was thinking about going in and negotiating on friday, willing to sign if someone meets me at 52k-55k.

May i ask which dealer?

Edit: Just realised youre in WA, so the dealer wouldnt be helpful. Im in two minds waiting to wait for an offical spec sheet to know about some of the features, or taking a risk. In the new Mean Green of course
Old 04-02-2022, 08:54 PM   #15
Envi_XR8

Quote:
Thanks for that info! I got told 63k and was going to tell them where to go! I didnt want to spend more then 52k, but I think I can strech it to 55k.... I was thinking about going in and negotiating on friday, willing to sign if someone meets me at 52k-55k.

May i ask which dealer?

Edit: Just realised youre in WA, so the dealer wouldnt be helpful. Im in two minds waiting to wait for an offical spec sheet to know about some of the features, or taking a risk. In the new Mean Green of course
It’s listed at $51,990 plus on roads and dealer delivery, the dealer that’s wants $63k is obviously price gouging/Covid Tax.
I’m thinking of waiting as well for the spec sheet to see if they are any additional options on the ST-X but from what I’ve been told it will come fully spec’d
good colour choice, I will be getting mine in Mean Green as well
SY Mk II TTG ,2017 LZ Focus Sport ,BA G220 MkII in Blaze ,98 EL Futura ,BA MkII XR8 ,EL II XR8 185kw, 98 EL Fairmont Ghia and SY Territory Turbo
Old 05-02-2022, 12:52 AM   #16
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
It’s listed at $51,990 plus on roads and dealer delivery, the dealer that’s wants $63k is obviously price gouging/Covid Tax.
I’m thinking of waiting as well for the spec sheet to see if they are any additional options on the ST-X but from what I’ve been told it will come fully spec’d
good colour choice, I will be getting mine in Mean Green as well
Id agree at 63k its a bit over the top, I can pick up a Tesla for that or a demo 128ti

I'm still in two minds with the whole world going electric/hybrid.

In relation to the spec sheet, I wish the vehicle came with active parking.... I used it heaps in my golf - But at the same time I dont want to wait for the spec sheet as if they release that in May, then I feel i'd be waiting till Dec for a car.

I'm still in two minds about the really scratchy rear door cards, no rear vents, wishing there was a tad more 'flare' with the interior, ie some more ambient lights and honestly the colour. I wish they kept the orange or the performance blue.

Small things I know, but when youre paying alot of cash... you want things to be perfect
Old 05-02-2022, 09:05 PM   #17
Envi_XR8

Quote:
Id agree at 63k its a bit over the top, I can pick up a Tesla for that or a demo 128ti

I'm still in two minds with the whole world going electric/hybrid.

In relation to the spec sheet, I wish the vehicle came with active parking.... I used it heaps in my golf - But at the same time I dont want to wait for the spec sheet as if they release that in May, then I feel i'd be waiting till Dec for a car.

I'm still in two minds about the really scratchy rear door cards, no rear vents, wishing there was a tad more 'flare' with the interior, ie some more ambient lights and honestly the colour. I wish they kept the orange or the performance blue.

Small things I know, but when youre paying alot of cash... you want things to be perfect
I agree for 55k it’s overall a bit meh 😕 can’t even bet the N-Line down the straight
I currently have a ST-Line wagon and yes the rear door cards are pretty low budget, as for no rear vents I have to glass roof and the kids have never really complained about it be to hot in the back (even on a 40+deg day)
Old 05-02-2022, 09:21 PM   #18
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
I agree for 55k it’s overall a bit meh 😕 can’t even bet the N-Line down the straight
I currently have a ST-Line wagon and yes the rear door cards are pretty low budget, as for no rear vents I have to glass roof and the kids have never really complained about it be to hot in the back (even on a 40+deg day)
I'd have to say the whole segment is a bit 'meh' at the moment tbh with the whole chip shortages I feel car manufacturers are taking it easy. I'm looking for a daily 90% where 10% I can have fun...

So, I like those techy things, if that adds weight and a .5 sec 0-100 i'm like what ever. but I do want a sub 7 sec car. I dont feel theres much left that ticks it all these days.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:14 AM   #19
Mintee
Starter Motor

Dont ask me how but i think i managed to find the specs on fords website:

https://www.ford.com.au/cars/focus-s...l=3000&c=3000&
Old 07-02-2022, 06:19 PM   #20
Envi_XR8

Quote:
Dont ask me how but i think i managed to find the specs on fords website:

https://www.ford.com.au/cars/focus-s...l=3000&c=3000&
Good find bud, if you scroll down the bottom you can compare it to the ST-X
Basically you get glass roof pixel led headlights colour coded mirrors and adaptive suspension over the ST
Old 07-02-2022, 06:32 PM   #21
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Basically you get glass roof pixel led headlights colour coded mirrors and adaptive suspension over the ST
Cheers.

Im in talks with a few dealers ready to sign. Expecting 2nd half of year for delivery.

Some dealers wont even talk as they say ford au hasnt released pricing to them whilst others are quoting me between 57.5-58.5k so far with no room for movement. Which is a little out of my range...

Its odd how im getting two ends of the spectrum making it really hard.
Old 10-02-2022, 12:22 AM   #22
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:

You also get 19 inch wheels and I believe the race track drive mode you don’t get in the ST.
You also get stop/start adaptive cruise that you won’t get in a manual.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2022, 02:26 PM   #23
Mintee
Starter Motor

Unhappy Re: MY 22 Focus ST - X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
You also get 19 inch wheels and I believe the race track drive mode you don’t get in the ST.
You also get stop/start adaptive cruise that you won’t get in a manual.
Well its all done. Just bit the bullet deposit paid on a STX now the wait till it comes
3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 06:30 PM   #24
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Well its all done. Just bit the bullet deposit paid on a STX now the wait till it comes

Mean green?
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2022, 06:36 PM   #25
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Mean green?
Yeppp. Dealer can colour change their allocation still
Old 13-02-2022, 12:43 AM   #26
exlr8

I just picked up my MY21.75 ST in a manual. I too intended to get a new ST-X with manual and then found a month or two back that the new manual has been robbed of a lot of features you would simply expect on a performance car. Why on earth would you only offer Race Track mode, launch control, adaptive suspension and 19"wheels on an auto not to mention other nice bits.
So with that I made the decision to get a MY21.75 manual so I can have the expected go fast features. Really happy with my purchase!

Last edited by exlr8; 13-02-2022 at 12:58 AM.
exlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2022, 08:16 AM   #27
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlr8 View Post
I just picked up my MY21.75 ST in a manual. I too intended to get a new ST-X with manual and then found a month or two back that the new manual has been robbed of a lot of features you would simply expect on a performance car. Why on earth would you only offer Race Track mode, launch control, adaptive suspension and 19"wheels on an auto not to mention other nice bits.
So with that I made the decision to get a MY21.75 manual so I can have the expected go fast features. Really happy with my purchase!
Oh i 110% agree with you. If the st x came in manual i would have opted for that. For me the sunroof and pixel leds were a big thing therefore opted for the x over the manual. Its going to be a daily then it is more for fun. Even tho i dont care about manual in traffic.

Glad youre happy with your purchase. Ford are so odd removing some features on the 21.75 like the b and o system then reintroducing them but i guess everyone looks for their own needs and features
Old 13-02-2022, 10:52 AM   #28
exlr8

Quote:
Oh i 110% agree with you. If the st x came in manual i would have opted for that. For me the sunroof and pixel leds were a big thing therefore opted for the x over the manual. Its going to be a daily then it is more for fun. Even tho i dont care about manual in traffic.

Glad youre happy with your purchase. Ford are so odd removing some features on the 21.75 like the b and o system then reintroducing them but i guess everyone looks for their own needs and features
Fair enough, if it's a daily there is justification for an auto, mine is my "weekend" toy so it just has to be a manual. I decided going with the MY21.75 as the best option as it has all of the Euro "Performance Pack", adaptive cruise and a few other nice bits of tech. As for the missing B&O, I have a good contact at Drivesound in Brisbane which will put together an amazing system that is on a another level. :-)
Old 18-02-2022, 04:28 PM   #29
Envi_XR8

Quote:
Same here just ordered a ST-X in green 👍🏻 Now the for the wait 😫
Old 19-02-2022, 07:40 PM   #30
exlr8

Quote:
Same here just ordered a ST-X in green 👍🏻 Now the for the wait 😫
How long are the dealers quoting for delivery of the MY22 ST/STX?