Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-07-2022, 06:12 PM   #4651
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Beaut sunny day out at Winton raceway. Great truck show and Supertruck racing.

Wake up and smell the diesel. 2 Mack Superliners dominated the field this time out.

Kenworth's on show 2020 and 1979.
I was at a car show a few years back and they had a few working prime movers and 1 supertruck. So it was at wsid and they ran them on the stip. I dont remember ¼ mile times, but the bloke on the PA was stupified that all the working trucks only trapped 106kmh. The supertruck clocked 150 or 160. Speed limiter¿
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-07-2022, 06:22 PM   #4652
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I was at a car show a few years back and they had a few working prime movers and 1 supertruck. So it was at wsid and they ran them on the stip. I dont remember ¼ mile times, but the bloke on the PA was stupified that all the working trucks only trapped 106kmh. The supertruck clocked 150 or 160. Speed limiter¿
There was an old 70's V8 Scania there on show I reckon would do alright in a straight line drag. Man, it sounded good on the lunch time parade laps.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2022, 06:28 PM   #4653
Kicking back

Quote:
There was an old 70's V8 Scania there on show I reckon would do alright in a straight line drag. Man, it sounded good on the lunch time parade laps.
As a bit of a tangent, i may and probably am wrong. As a kid i remember supertrucks on sbs. Didn't they then or do they still use water sprayers on the front brakes?
Old 10-07-2022, 06:31 PM   #4654
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
As a bit of a tangent, i may and probably am wrong. As a kid i remember supertrucks on sbs. Didn't they then or do they still use water sprayers on the front brakes?
Don't recall seeing them, to much water p*ssing out of the radiators when they come back in to notice.

Old 10-07-2022, 06:42 PM   #4655
Kicking back

Quote:
Don't recall seeing them, to much water p*ssing out of the radiators when they come back in to notice.
At the show i was at where they had the truck drags. Those guys threw down. Well sort of. Tandem axles in the burnout box. Im sure the drivers gave zero care towards the comical axle tramp sitting in their air ride seats in an air ride cab. So those working trucks weren't company trucks, owner driver things. So nice paint and all that. If there was say a company truck from scotts of mount Gambier, that thing would have trapped over 106....
Old 10-07-2022, 08:25 PM   #4656
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Beaut sunny day out at Winton raceway. Great truck show and Supertruck racing.

Wake up and smell the diesel. 2 Mack Superliners dominated the field this time out.

Kenworth's on show 2020 and 1979.
If you like your Kenworth's then a visit to Alice Springs Kenworth Museum in conjunction with National Road Transport Hall of Fame is the go.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2022, 09:01 PM   #4657
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Bees, so far not in the Varroa Mite “red zone”, all hives checked yesterday and in good health.

Plus, government regs on hive destruction in the red zone have changed and the boxes can now be sanitised/sterilised - no longer must be burnt. This is a big deal emotionally to the career beekeepers, not just in finances and time; it symbolises hope for a future reinvigoration of the business.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2022, 10:07 AM   #4658
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Noticed the other day that the birds are becoming more active in the mornings, especially the magpies and lorikeets.

I know we've still got a way to go, but it shows that winter is slowly losing its grip on the southern hemisphere. Bring it on!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2022, 11:11 AM   #4659
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Noticed the other day that the birds are becoming more active in the mornings, especially the magpies and lorikeets.

I know we've still got a way to go, but it shows that winter is slowly losing its grip on the southern hemisphere. Bring it on!
Now is nest building time for Maggies, then between August and October run and duck time for us humans.

What made me feel good......Wandering through a forest this morning seeing the long leaf native Wattle already out while the Cootamundra variety is starting to bud.

Last edited by roKWiz; 18-07-2022 at 11:22 AM.
Old 18-07-2022, 02:24 PM   #4660
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Now is nest building time for Maggies, then between August and October run and duck time for us humans.

What made me feel good......Wandering through a forest this morning seeing the long leaf native Wattle already out while the Cootamundra variety is starting to bud.
I don't have that problem with the local magpies as they know who feeds and looks after them; I have many magpies hanging around my house.
When we walk the local streets they leave me and the wife alone.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2022, 02:42 PM   #4661
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I don't have that problem with the local magpies as they know who feeds and looks after them; I have many magpies hanging around my house.
When we walk the local streets they leave me and the wife alone.
Yeah me too back at my place and regular places we stay but get out on a country railtrail and they are murder. (no crows sic)
Was caught once riding from Eurobin back to Wang during the attack season, just one after the other easily 30 40 in total.
None of this sneaky out of the sun Japanese dive bombing either. You would see one ahead and it would just suddenly purk up and fly straight at you head on.
Never seen that until we moved to NE Victoria.
Stopping and offering them food doesn't work, they will just pick it up, fly off and then its back at you.
We have had some funny encountered with birds of all kinds. Partner was attacked by a little Butcher bird in Broke NSW, I had a beautiful Sea Eagle drop a half eaten bream on me riding on Ash Island, Newcastle.

Ultimately, They are just trying to protect their young like any mother would.
When Pelicans start attacking I will give up mountain biking.

2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #4662
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Yeah me too back at my place and regular places we stay but get out on a country railtrail and they are murder. (no crows sic)
Was caught once riding from Eurobin back to Wang during the attack season, just one after the other easily 30 40 in total.
None of this sneaky out of the sun Japanese dive bombing either. You would see one ahead and it would just suddenly purk up and fly straight at you head on.
Never seen that until we moved to NE Victoria.
Stopping and offering them food doesn't work, they will just pick it up, fly off and then its back at you.
We have had some funny encountered with birds of all kinds. Partner was attacked by a little Butcher bird in Broke NSW, I had a beautiful Sea Eagle drop a half eaten bream on me riding on Ash Island, Newcastle.

Ultimately, They are just trying to protect their young like any mother would.
When Pelicans start attacking I will give up mountain biking.
You sure do visit some exotic locations in your travels RW.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2022, 03:40 PM   #4663
Kicking back

Went to bunnings, i dislike bunnings, but i googled the interwebs and knew what shelf in what isle the thing i was after was at. So blinkers on, what i was was on the top rack. Im not short, but im not 4m tall.
Heres where customer service kicks in. Now you have to guage a customer, work out any sensitivities. I greet the bloke at the desk in the tool shop (no not my house) with the standard issue howyagoingmate. Response was the standard yeahgoodmate. So back to regular english i asked for assistance as what i was after was on the top rack. This bloke guaged my sense of humour quite well. He was shorter then me. His response was how the **** can he reach it if i cant?. He wasnt being rude, he was making a funny. But he goes yeah he'll sort it out. Normally that means call another staff member, he did that, but the other staff in the tool shop had a combined age of prehistoric, so he got dorris to cover the till and dragged over the platform ladder and sorted it out.
So i reckon thats good customer engagement and customer service.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2022, 04:46 PM   #4664
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
You sure do visit some exotic locations in your travels RW.
You mean like Woy Woy.

2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2022, 05:06 PM   #4665
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Just when down to the next town via a old dirt state forest road, coming back along the old Hume, I get almost back and buzzzzzzzzzzzz, lower water alarm screaming at me, temp gauge looks fine no water or steam trail out the back.
Instantly thought of the 2 other times this has happened in both other trucks after some rough dirt.

Mazda/Ford/Perkins diesels have the warning sender unit on top of the thermo housing where the push on wire plug will something pop off on rough roads.
Not such a serious problem but sometimes pulling over to finding reasonably level ground, securing everything loose inside the cab before tilting can be a pain.

Good thing was within a couple of mins of being on the side of the road with the cab up 2 locals stopped by to offer assistance.

2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2022, 05:37 PM   #4666
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Just when down to the next town via a old dirt state forest road, coming back along the old Hume, I get almost back and buzzzzzzzzzzzz, lower water alarm screaming at me, temp gauge looks fine no water or steam trail out the back.
Instantly thought of the 2 other times this has happened in both other trucks after some rough dirt.

Mazda/Ford/Perkins diesels have the warning sender unit on top of the thermo housing where the push on wire plug will something pop off on rough roads.
Not such a serious problem but sometimes pulling over to finding reasonably level ground, securing everything loose inside the cab before tilting can be a pain.

Good thing was within a couple of mins of being on the side of the road with the cab up 2 locals stopped by to offer assistance.
Had the same thing happen on both Mazda and Ford versions.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2022, 04:19 PM   #4667
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Turns out our place that is is in my wifes name, that i finished paying off back in 2013 for $370K is now worth $750K ?????
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2022, 12:35 PM   #4668
HIPO
Al

Quote:

HMMM! Just noticed my Maggie gang nest building in a tree overlooking our house.....
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2022, 05:31 PM   #4669
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
HMMM! Just noticed my Maggie gang nest building in a tree overlooking our house.....
First sign even before the nest building is the adults chasing away not just other birds but their own previous season young-uns.

Old 22-07-2022, 06:08 PM   #4670
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Opening my eyes and knowing I'm breathing. I'll be happy if I do it again tomorrow.
Old 23-07-2022, 11:47 AM   #4671
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Lappppssss in Dipswitch tonight

It's been 33 yr's and the last time i had a Clevo XC ute !!

Some people may remember it... i posted up doing a burnout in front of a school on a sunday which was also outside of my front yard but anyway, we have all grown up since those shennanigans eh ?

Maybe this invitation is a sign to buy another Ford ?

Time will tell ...
Old 24-07-2022, 10:46 PM   #4672
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Finally mounted the ladder rack on the rear of my ute tray. Been three years in the wanting, and after I found the model-correct bare rack last October in Canberra, nine months in execution.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 11:28 AM   #4673
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Went for a walk yesterday arvo in the great weather (we maxed out at a tad over 17°, which is balmy for here this time of year) and noticed that a few of the wattle trees have started to bloom.

Yet another sign that winter is losing its dastardly hold on us......

Down side is that my hay fever is not far away from kicking into gear

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 10:46 PM   #4674
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
…Down side is that my hay fever is not far away from kicking into gear…
You might have a good year with it, there’s always hope.

…Feeling good about my “Headlight buffing countdown”. It’s a good evening job for any weather. Wet sand from P600 to Ultra Fine via P800/1200, then Farécla G3, re-wash then Radiant Wax No.12. Two down, four more to go in the short term, then another four. Each is taking 90-120 minutes including all-over washing (off the car). AU have come up better than Territory, so far. Another win for the cockroach.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2022, 03:40 PM   #4675
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Suns out and it isnt cold ?
2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2022, 07:03 PM   #4676
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Spent some time cleaning bits of chainsaw, lots of wood fibres soaked in bar oil packing it solid. Still got the bar, plenum and oil tank to go. Engine I’ll clean with the exhaust on. Chain brake on/off toggle spring was a mongrel to refit.

2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2022, 07:08 PM   #4677
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Two or three weeks ago I was walking. I saw a 5c coin in the gutter so I bent down and picked it up and then I saw a $2 coin. There was a fire truck, with crew, parked on the other side of the road for some reason (residential street) but I am long past worrying much if someone sees me picking up rubbish (not rubbish in this case.) On the way back I had a bit of a look in the same spot in case there were more coins there but no such luck.

Today. Same street. The street-sweeping (gutter-sweeping) truck had been along there and I found $2.15 in what must have been the same spot. The truck must have picked up dirt and leaves.

(These gutter-sweeping trucks must cost a fortune to run but someone walking along with gloves and a little trolley would be so much more effective, cost-wise and rubbish-wise, than these stupid trucks.)
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2022, 11:26 PM   #4678
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Arrived in Broome, met up with my daughter, some big hugs, 4 and half hour drive to Geikie Gorge, what a spot. Cooked up some spag bol on the open fire, drinking cider watching the wallabies scamper about.
5 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2022, 05:17 PM   #4679
Kicking back

I dont normally cook for myself. Put me in a kitchen and im not good at it. Anyhow, chuck a bbq infront of me, somehow its different.
So i decided to cook a roast.
Crappy woolies beef roast marinated in garlic and onion. I say crappy, but i like them. Plates out, flame tamers out, bbq hood down warmed up to 180°. So rotisserie stick through the meat, 1 hour per kilo at 180°. Brilliant. So i like my meat meduim maybe towards the medium rare side, an hour per kg at 180 rotating on the bbq does that pretty well.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2022, 10:10 PM   #4680
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I came today home and all my ageing timber fences have been replaced with colorbond! These blokes don't **** around and they cleaned everything up nicely.

It was not easy for my place because I technically border four different properties and in a body corp. I will give that feedback to them.

Free shout out to Beyond Boundaries Fencing for the ACT folks
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: