Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
parker

Default Cleaning wiper washer nozzles

Anyone have any tips on removing the wiper nozzles so I can clean them and the lines out without removing the sound deadening under the bonnet?

The clips on the sound deadening are brittle and either break, or dont come out without wrecking the deadening material.

parker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #2
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Run some cleaing fluid through it. Nothing major should get into the lines. As for the nozzles, a small pin or sewing needle will clear it.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #3
parker

I ended up removing the back end of the deadener and getting my arm up behind them to remove them.
I had a whole stack of tiny ants stuck all through them and the line and couldnt even get them to clean out, so I have just bought and fitted some new ones at a cost of $34 :(
parker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #4
str02
99 AU Futura

I use a 23 gauge hypodermic needle
Old 25-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Paperclip is the best. You can snap a pin in them, but you can't snap a paperclip in them.

Experience++
Old 25-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #6
AUTickford
XD197

I have found that oxy tip cleaners work well for me because u can get the perfect size to clean them out and to adjust too :eclipsee_
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2022, 09:37 PM   #7
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Default Re: Removing wiper washer nozzles from hood/bonnet & liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker View Post
Anyone have any tips on removing the wiper nozzles so I can clean them and the lines out without removing the sound deadening under the bonnet?

The clips on the sound deadening under hood liner are brittle and either break, or don't come out without wrecking the deadening material.
Nothing like winding up the time machine ;)

On removing the wiper nozzles from the bonnet/hood.
Yes removing at least some of the hood liner clips is a good idea.All the plastic parts are pretty old and brittle now.
First I removed the lines. Which did not want to come off. But after wiggling in the smallest flat screw driver a bit they did.
Yes the nozzles are just held in by 2 plastic clips that need to be pressed and the nozzle popped out upwards.
But I was confused as to where to squeeze. The plastic protudences from left to right across the bonnet, are actually just locators/stays, which fit in slots in the hood. The 2 plastic bits you want to press to pop out run up and down the bonnet.
Hope some of that might make at least some sense :p

And yes, the clips do tend to break under hood liner, even using the correct upholstery removal tools (if you are patient and wiggle them around a bit as you pull, you can seem to reduce the amount of breakage).
Fortunately you can still buy them for a reasonable price from Car Parts Clips and Fasteners (I found them very helpful).I chose to use Toyota ones and save a few bucks;
- Ford OEM Part Number V-860346-S300. CP0960245 Black x10 $38.50. Proudly A High Quality Australian Made Genuine Ford Part! Ford Falcon Fairmont XR6 XR8 Models AU BA BF FG. Ford Territory All Models. SX SY SZ. Head diameter 30mm. Hole size 6-7mm. Stem Length 16mm.
- Toyota OEM Part Number: 90467-09006 9046709006
Toyota and Lexus bonnet hood insulation retainer fastening clips. Toyota vehicles commonly used on: Prius 2003 to 2011 Celica 1982 to 1985 Corona 1992 to 1997 Camry 1983 to 2006 Cressida 1988 to 1993 Avalon 1995 to 2005 Avensis 2001 to 2009 Tarago 2000 to 2006 Landcruiser 1984 to 1989 & 1998 to 2007 Hilux Surf 1995 to 1997. Lexus vehicles commonly used on: ES300 1992 to 2001 LX470 1998 to 2008. To Fit 6-7mm Hole. Head Diameter 29.5mm
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: