Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-06-2022, 10:16 PM   #211
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Re: AU V8 models: Basic questions answered!

Whilst I think of it, and I believe it is quite relevant to this thread.

Tickford 220/250kw GT40P head on the left, Factory GT40P on the right. Bigger valves in the Ticky version.

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2022, 01:56 PM   #212
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
A Forte sedan could be had with -

4.0 157kW inline 6
4.0 142kW inline 6 (LPG/DLPG)
5.0 175kW V8.

The 5.0 V8 was a $3327 option on the AU III Forte.

There was no option available to add the 185/200/220/250 V8's to a Forte. Hand built Tickford V8's had the engine builders signature applied to the drivers side rocker cover.

IRS was not mandatory with the V8 engine, it was however a $1135 option available on Forte sedan, Futura sedan and Fairmont sedan. An LSD was a $350 option on Forte, Futura and XR6 HP.

Get the seller to send a pic of the throttle body, there will be a Tickford logo on it if it has a "Tickford engine in it".
Only the 220's had the Tickford logo on the TB.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-10-2022, 01:09 PM   #213
LowNotSlow
Starter Motor

Hi all.

Hope I'm posting this in the right place.

Looking for a good mechanic in Melbourne to help me with some work on my AU2 XR8 sedan.

I'm looking for someone who loves these cars ideally, has plenty of experience, can do just about anything (including sourcing and mods), and knows people who can do what they can't.

The vehicle is not original, and so I'm not concerned with aftermarket gear, I want to get a bit more punch, uplift/upgrade interior, and repaint.

I'm happy to spend money, but would like to plan it out (sequence the work), so I don't have to have anything redone.

I'm not looking to race or drag the car, I want a punchy, solid, reliable street car, that will keep trucking for years to come.

Recommendations welcome.

Thanks,
Matt
LowNotSlow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2022, 01:48 PM   #214
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowNotSlow View Post
Hi all.

Hope I'm posting this in the right place.

Looking for a good mechanic in Melbourne to help me with some work on my AU2 XR8 sedan.

I'm looking for someone who loves these cars ideally, has plenty of experience, can do just about anything (including sourcing and mods), and knows people who can do what they can't.

The vehicle is not original, and so I'm not concerned with aftermarket gear, I want to get a bit more punch, uplift/upgrade interior, and repaint.

I'm happy to spend money, but would like to plan it out (sequence the work), so I don't have to have anything redone.

I'm not looking to race or drag the car, I want a punchy, solid, reliable street car, that will keep trucking for years to come.

Recommendations welcome.

Thanks,
Matt
Hi Matt, and welcome to AFF.

To be up front, I don't live in Victoria so I can't help you with recommending a mechanic.

I do own several AU falcons with one being an XR8. I do most of the work on them myself so I may be able to help with some of the simpler stuff.

If you are looking for advice on what mods work (and don't necessarily work) then I am sure that the members around here can help.

I would suggest that you start your own thread about the car so that you can ask questions about it etc without your posts getting lost amongst other questions about other things.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2023, 12:35 AM   #215
Shane Brown Ford Au
Starter Motor

Hi just wanted to know what brand to get for my diff gears and where to buy them from. I want to get 4.11 gears for my 2002 ford fairlane au v8. Thanks Shane
Shane Brown Ford Au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post