Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 25-08-2021, 12:20 AM   #1
cb the KB
Starter Motor

Default Help identify brand of KB carburetor.

Hello folks, I would like to overhaul the carburetor on my standard KB Laser 1.5 litre with a kit. As I understand it, there were two different brands; Hitachi and Aisin and I don't know which one I have so that I can buy the correct overhaul kit.
Can someone recognise the brand from the photos and let me know please ?
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carburetorEmblem-small-1.jpg (97.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg laserCarb-4 (copy).jpg (39.9 KB, 24 views)
cb the KB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2021, 01:45 PM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Help identify brand of KB carburetor.

It's an Hitachi. The Emblem is Hitachi's.
Old 25-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

I think the difference was if the vehicle was built before or after 1/12/1982?
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2021, 06:41 PM   #4
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

A stylised rising sun per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitachi "Odaira coined the company's toponymic name by superimposing two kanji characters: hi meaning "sun" and tachi meaning "rise".

Last edited by aussiblue; 25-08-2021 at 06:46 PM.
aussiblue is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2021, 08:14 PM   #5
cb the KB
Starter Motor

Thank you so much to both aussiblue and GTLEGEND for your help. I didn't even think of searching for trademarks or company logos...hangs head in shame.
You've made the job just that much easier.
regards, cb
Old 25-08-2021, 08:56 PM   #6
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Hitachi stopped using that logo for most things in 1992 so it probably wouldn't be familiar to a lot of people but there was a time when it was seen often in Australia on their washing machines and TV's that were also more common here back in the 70's and 80's.

Old 28-08-2021, 09:18 AM   #7
cb the KB
Starter Motor

That washing machine seems so familiar. Am sure we had one - or very similar - in the house when I was a youngster. I'll plead ignorance as washing machines were of no interest to me at the time but must have walked past it 5 million times...between you and me, washing machines still don't interest me that much - except when they break. Then in our house, nobody gets any peace as all hell rains down.

Sorry I'm prattling on. Thanks for the photos
regards, cb
This user likes this post: