Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #241
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Your a ******* idiot, all ive done is tried to set the score right about the VE being more then a pile of ****. .
Let it go LSTerritory. You, I and 2/3 of the Ford/Holden buyers out their know what the VE is really like. Some of the children on this forum are only here to **** stir.

Some of the negative people seem to be the knockers who are on every forum. These threads are their entertainment, if they really didn't like the VE they would not read the threads).

Others are more pee'd of that their mighty [insert Falcon model here] is soundly beaten by the VE (notice how very few F6 owners knock the VE, they know that they have the best car Ford makes and that the VE is a worthy adversary). I mean how would you like to spend $70k+ on a GT so you could live the dream of a modern GTHO and find that a $45k Commodore can run circles around you on any form of road or track. The only way to protect your pride is to attack the opposition or deny it exists.

I find it best to correct blatently wrong or ill informed posts (the same as we and others do on LS1 about Fords), then ignore the negative responses. There are lots of good people on here who read and nod there heads without getting involved. Keep up the good work, and don't stoop to the level of the knockers.

M. :newangel: :monkes: :
Old 26-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #242
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMac
Some of the children on this forum are only here to **** stir.

Quote:

Some of the negative people seem to be the knockers who are on every forum.

I mean how would you like to spend $70k+ on a GT so you could live the dream of a modern GTHO and find that a $45k Commodore can run circles around you on any form of road or track.

Quote:
I find it best to correct blatently wrong or ill informed posts
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 26-01-2007, 11:50 PM   #243
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm.. How do you spell hypocracy?

Old 26-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #244
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Hmm.. How do you spell hypocracy?
You have selectively quoted me so that the context appears to be an attack.

What I said was (Paraphrased):

That some people attack the VE because they are pi$$ed that Ford sold them a performance car (FPV). And yet Holden releases something $25k cheaper that out handles, out runs and out dynamics their ride (I will admit the GT's interior is better than the VE SS's). Hence my comment. I was not negative or a Knocker, I am certainly not here to ****** stir. And to top it off, now that I have corrected what I feel was a wrong statement, I will follow the other advice I gave in my post. passi, niente vedere qui (move on nothing to see here).
Old 27-01-2007, 12:28 AM   #245
rodderz

Lets keep this thread on topic guys, no personal attacks no going off on other tangents :
Old 27-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #246
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Guys , Its Only Wheels , The Magazine Represents a Small Panel of People that choose the car , not the Buying Public , Who Cares , You Either Like the Holden or You Like Fords , or Nissans on on on on ...

Point being , Wheels Gave the VE COTY , Big Deal , Get Over it and Move On ,

Last edited by rodderz; 27-01-2007 at 12:53 AM. Reason: edited this post instead of posting my own!
Old 27-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #247
rodderz

Exactly. BA won it, so did Territory

Wouldnt be suprised if the next falcon probably will too, if it has features and prices that stand out from the rest and the last few years is anything to go by
Old 27-01-2007, 01:04 AM   #248
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby_191189
well everyone knows the new holden isa far superior design than any falcon. you dont see people comparing falcons to bmw's and other luxuary cars
mate, don't come on to a ford forum and preech that everybody knows that the ve is superior. i wouldnt call it superior if it needed 1 billion dollars just to keep up with fords technology. the holdens 6s are embarresed by the much older falcons and the v8s still sound like poo. the ba xr8s when released were equal to hsv at the time and the falcon gt was being compared to the 90 grand gts which is 30 grand more. time passes and companys improve their models. the gt will be back on top come orion and it wouldnt be much in it with ve ss and bf gt. i would say it would come down to the driver of either vehicle.
for you to think that the commie is far more surperior due to it being compared to bmw is ridiculas. just because holdens marketing compares it to bmw doesnt actually mean it is compariable. just because a car has a bmw badge does not make it that special. its all about image. my aunties bmw is 70 grand and i believe my grandfather 23grand focus feels and handles the same. bmw does not get special until you hit 100grand mark and even then they are over priced.
orion will rule and the ve is ugly. xr8,gt,f6 6t engines are all made here and sound far more nicer. take your chev engines and put your chev badges on your commies and believe what you want. at the end of the day its just a commie with an old pushrod engine
Old 27-01-2007, 01:15 AM   #249
Wally
XP Coupe

Not Chev, but Corvette.
Old 27-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #250
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Not Chev, but Corvette.
what ever the engine is doesnt matter, you don't see any vl's with nissen badges
Old 27-01-2007, 01:29 AM   #251
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
mate, don't come on to a ford forum and preech that everybody knows that the ve is superior. i wouldnt call it superior if it needed 1 billion dollars just to keep up with fords technology. the holdens 6s are embarresed by the much older falcons and the v8s still sound like poo. the ba xr8s when released were equal to hsv at the time and the falcon gt was being compared to the 90 grand gts which is 30 grand more. time passes and companys improve their models. the gt will be back on top come orion and it wouldnt be much in it with ve ss and bf gt. i would say it would come down to the driver of either vehicle.
for you to think that the commie is far more surperior due to it being compared to bmw is ridiculas. just because holdens marketing compares it to bmw doesnt actually mean it is compariable. just because a car has a bmw badge does not make it that special. its all about image. my aunties bmw is 70 grand and i believe my grandfather 23grand focus feels and handles the same. bmw does not get special until you hit 100grand mark and even then they are over priced.
orion will rule and the ve is ugly. xr8,gt,f6 6t engines are all made here and sound far more nicer. take your chev engines and put your chev badges on your commies and believe what you want. at the end of the day its just a commie with an old pushrod engine
Another well informed post. Maybe you should learn how to spell. The BA XR8 and GTP have never been equal to anything from HSV, im sorry but hsv had the 300 KW GTS back in 2000 that would still eat either today. :
Old 27-01-2007, 01:37 AM   #252
rodderz

Everyone has an opinion, maybe it could be expressed better but also received better too in future
Closed Thread