Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #601
Trump
bitch lasagne

Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
UPDATE. Just had the official call from Ford. They inspect the charger and it had a manufacturing defect something to do with the spring in the back. New one is being air freighted out Monday so would have the car back before the weekend.
Excellent news Ben. So much for an unjustified PCM flash. Good result in the end but the initial behaviour of the dealer has been nothing short of disgusting.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #602
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiaman View Post
What a shame you had to go through all the grief to get that result. Bet you are glad you took it further and raised it on here.
He could have got the same result with a simple phone call to the Ford CRC, I know because I have done it.

You don't need to tell the world on a forum to get a manufacturer to sit down and work through the issue.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #603
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

A good result. One question though, what is the status of your driveline warranty?
Old 08-05-2015, 07:47 PM   #604
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT View Post
He could have got the same result with a simple phone call to the Ford CRC, I know because I have done it.

You don't need to tell the world on a forum to get a manufacturer to sit down and work through the issue.
Erm, I don't think so Tim. With the attitude of the dealer initially (which they no doubt relayed to FordHQ), it wouldn't have achieved much. He was declared a hoon from the outset and as such was found guilty by assumption.

Main thing is, Ben owes AFF a beer (or 400)
Old 08-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #605
kempy311
BEN

Quote:

I did go through ford crc originally and they did nothing they was sending a report out until I got a another phone call from someone at ford. Driveline warranty is still valid.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #606
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Erm, I don't think so Tim. With the attitude of the dealer initially (which they no doubt relayed to FordHQ), it wouldn't have achieved much. He was declared a hoon from the outset and as such was found guilty by assumption.

Main thing is, Ben owes AFF a beer (or 400)

Rubbish, discussion with the CRC goes over the head of the dealer. Go back and read my post about my heavily tuned XR8 which had a warranty claim denied by the dealer for the timing adjuster failure. The dealer said no, simple phone call and a bit of discussion and the CRC reviewed. The result was the fault was covered and I did not need any help from a forum lynch mob.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #607
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Rubbish, discussion with the CRC goes over the head of the dealer. Go back and read my post about my heavily tuned XR8 which had a warranty claim denied by the dealer for the timing adjuster failure. The dealer said no, simple phone call and a bit of discussion and the CRC reviewed. The result was the fault was covered and I did not need any help from a forum lynch mob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
I did go through ford crc originally and they did nothing they was sending a report out until I got a another phone call from someone at ford. Driveline warranty is still valid.
You were saying?
2 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #608
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Problem solved great result
Closed
Closed Thread