Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #31
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
What are BFG's
Big F'n Gun

Anybody here tried some Toyo tyres? (Sorry i've just watched "Tokyo Drift" )
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #32
joshf2
striped

im on GSD3's, with my 15's, and theyre a reasonable tyre. if you want grippy with not too much lifespan, i rate the falken (yes they are FALKENS!) RT215 road semi slick
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #33
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get the hoosier R3S05. Ultimate dry tyre and road legal too

http://www.hoosiertire.com/PHOTOS/r3s05.JPG
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #34
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

How about some Mickey Thompsons?

Old 19-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #35
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 20-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #36
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default What rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
Big F'n Gun

Never, but i have heard nothing but fantastic reports on them. Especially their hero model... the T1'R.
Unfortunately they are priced at $255 per tyre and apperently dont offer a very good lifespan. If i was looking at buying a tyre that dear i would go the extra mile and get Exalto Michies
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #37
Sonia

hrmm.... maybe I'll stay away from the Sumitomo's... I'll get my hands on some monster truck tyres haha
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #38
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
How about some Mickey Thompsons?

"MONSTER FEZ"...........oh yea!! :1syellow1
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #39
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
I'm running Toyos on all 4 corners and they're great both wet and dry. I do get a bit of wheelspin sometimes on wet roads when starting off... I must remember to go easy on the clutch.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #40
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get the same thing with nthe GIII. awesome grip but off start are abit easy to get into a wheelspin
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #41
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone tried Kuhmo tyres?, apparantly they've just won the contract to supply all of Volkswagons tyres in Europe, had a quote on Kuhmo KU25 tyres today, $160 each which sounded OK but the guy had no brochure, I have checked all over the net and cant find too much info on them and certainly no picture, it appears that the KU25 is a very new tyre in the Kuhmo range, the Kuhmo Australian web site is a joke!, doesn't mention the KU25 at all.
Old 23-06-2006, 05:11 AM   #42
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Anyone tried Kuhmo tyres?, apparantly they've just won the contract to supply all of Volkswagons tyres in Europe, had a quote on Kuhmo KU25 tyres today, $160 each which sounded OK but the guy had no brochure, I have checked all over the net and cant find too much info on them and certainly no picture, it appears that the KU25 is a very new tyre in the Kuhmo range, the Kuhmo Australian web site is a joke!, doesn't mention the KU25 at all.
Rob, ask the guy you got the quote off to get one in, have a look at it, I've found Kumhos to be very soft, so your wear rates go up, I've only sold a couple of the 25's, so have'nt had much feedback on them yet.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #43
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Well ive had the BF goodrich G force's on now for a couple days (205/45/16), also got front wheel alignment, locking nuts (didnt have anybefore :|) balance and fit OBVIOUSLY :P

Initial impressions are good, no tyre screach, no sidewall flex mid corner, so less understeer and the car feels MORE stable. Wet weather performance has improved alot too.

Also with my previous tyres (205/50/16) they would rub if i tried to full lock... So now my car regained its FANTASTIC turning circle.

All for $899. Very happy camper. Also get a free rotation, balance check and alignment check in a few thousand kms, just to make sure everythings going sweet
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 23-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #44
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Well ive had the BF goodrich G force's on now for a couple days (205/45/16), also got front wheel alignment, locking nuts (didnt have anybefore :|) balance and fit OBVIOUSLY :P

Initial impressions are good, no tyre screach, no sidewall flex mid corner, so less understeer and the car feels MORE stable. Wet weather performance has improved alot too.

Also with my previous tyres (205/50/16) they would rub if i tried to full lock... So now my car regained its FANTASTIC turning circle.

All for $899. Very happy camper. Also get a free rotation, balance check and alignment check in a few thousand kms, just to make sure everythings going sweet
Got any pics you can share of ya new tyres mitch_lx?
Old 23-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #45
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Told you so Mitch! Glad your loving my recommendation! Let me know how it all goes once they start to wear!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #46
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Told you so Mitch! Glad your loving my recommendation! Let me know how it all goes once they start to wear!
Teki04, how much mileage were you getting out of the BF Goodrich G-Force Sports when you had em on your Fez?
Old 23-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #47
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I put them on and sold it with them on it... However I was LOVING the mileage it was looking to get. The sidewalls were holding up well and it had loads of tread/rubber on it new, and was going down quite slow. I was very pleased with them.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 23-06-2006, 06:10 PM   #48
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Teki, I was trying to PM you but apparently you dont have anymore space left in your inbox. So...

Were u travelling on waterloo rd. (at North Ryde) today at around 3:30pm? I saw a Clio Sport (exact colour as yours) when I was going home from work.
Maybe you saw a black panther WQ Fiesta LX going on your opposite direction?

Anyways, just wondering man.
Old 23-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #49
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Never, but i have heard nothing but fantastic reports on them. Especially their hero model... the T1'R.
Unfortunately they are priced at $255 per tyre and apperently dont offer a very good lifespan. If i was looking at buying a tyre that dear i would go the extra mile and get Exalto Michies
I got quoted $165 each fitted with lifetime balancing for Toyo T1-R tyres today, I guess this must be a good deal?
Same place also quoted $190 each for either BF Goodrich Profiler-G or BF Goodrich G-Force Sport, all in 205/40R17 size, what do ya reckon?, which one is the best?, prices seem pretty good?

Last edited by robjh80; 23-06-2006 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 23-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #50
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Teki, I was trying to PM you but apparently you dont have anymore space left in your inbox. So...

Were u travelling on waterloo rd. (at North Ryde) today at around 3:30pm? I saw a Clio Sport (exact colour as yours) when I was going home from work.
Maybe you saw a black panther WQ Fiesta LX going on your opposite direction?

Anyways, just wondering man.
Opz - Maybe I should delete some of my inbox then... haha

Nope. Wasn't me! Mine was parked at Rick Damelian all day getting a fault Cat Converter changed. WOW, I never knew the Clio Sport was so silent and refined! They are getting regular though.... I just stopped on the side of the road about 30mins ago and had a long chat with two other RSC owners.

Rob - Those prices seem pretty reasonable! Not sure about Toyos though... I haven't seen them in action before. A girl at work has them on her 17s on the Golf IV GTI... maybe I should ask for a quick sprint around the block!

Rob, have you tried pricing up the Michelin PP2s (Pilot Preceda 2)?

Old 24-06-2006, 12:19 AM   #51
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default What rubber

Apparently 16's are a very expensive size. thats what ive ALWAYS been told.

Many tyre places said 17's will be easier to find tyres for, and the tyres will be cheaper.

Dont know how true that is.

Loads of fun :
Old 24-06-2006, 12:27 AM   #52
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I think you are right there.

17 inch is becoming more mainstream, and not many cars come out with 205/45R16s standard, as they are rare low profile 16s. From what I know, the Clio Sport 182 and Polo GTI are two that do come with them...

Old 24-06-2006, 02:13 AM   #53
Danny
GT4.

Damn... Suxs for me. I'm 205/45/ZR16
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 03:28 AM   #54
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

That's good to hear, I've been quietly adding about $50 to any 16in tyre you guys mention. When I think about it, there aren't many 16in rims standard any more, not with low profile tyres anyway.
Old 24-06-2006, 03:44 AM   #55
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

not a fiesta, but every time i've put bigger wheels on my car i've used Nankangs (ns2's) and they've been great.. I had 17" on the EL, and they were very grippy, and pretty quiet. I've now got 19" on the BF, 245/35/19's, and they're pretty good too. Noisier than the Dunlop SP3000's the XR comes standard with, but they're considerably lower profile, and are putting more tread down than the 235 factory standards. They grip pretty well so far.. ran through some terrential rain on the hume on the way back from Albury tonight too, gripped very very well. Course the lowering/stiffer springs help to keep it on the road a little better too.

My point is Nankangs have always been good for me, and aren't too dear.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 04:13 AM   #56
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
Rob, ask the guy you got the quote off to get one in, have a look at it, I've found Kumhos to be very soft, so your wear rates go up, I've only sold a couple of the 25's, so have'nt had much feedback on them yet.
I ran Kumhos on my EF Falcon and they did wear quite quickly. Grip was quite good, although the jump from 195s to 235s will do that too!

As for Nankangs, the price may be agreeable but I've found with the ones I have now that they don't age well and I have considerabley less grip than when I first had them. I'm keen to change brands after them to be honest.
Old 25-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #57
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Rob, have you tried pricing up the Michelin PP2s (Pilot Preceda 2)?
Got a price on the Michelin PP2's in 205/40R17.......$270 each.....bit more than I wanted to spend, they are supposed to be very good though.

Stumbled across this though, a list of tyres and their ratings......"by actual customers who currently own them or have had them in the past"......not by a professional reviewer that takes some car for a quick spin round the block and then draws his own conclusions (accurate or not),......... looks like the "BF Goodrich G-Force Sport" gets a good rap......as recommended by yourself as well of course Teki04, if you check the owners comments it would seem that pretty much everyone is very happy with their G-Force Sports, worth checking it out,...... "I'm pretty sure I'll be going ahead and ordering some for my new rims, all in all I dont think there's much better out there."

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ll&sortValue=0
Old 25-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #58
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yea, I've heard great things of the PP2s... From owners in 172 Clio Sports that got them to replace the Pilot SXs that came standard back in 2002/03/04

Yep - I'd have to recommend the BFGs to anyone after a good tyre for the price.