Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-12-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Feel good for free

Come on people. chuck in a few bucks to the AFF fundraiser. Disappointing to see with a week to go we are not even half way. Lets get our priorities in check and help out those less fortunate.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-12-2017, 06:49 PM   #2
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Default Re: Feel good for free

Not really free then is it?

But donating is a good idea
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The younger generations will never understand the power of helping your fellow man whilst greed and ego are their priorities.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2017, 12:02 AM   #4
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
The younger generations will never understand the power of helping your fellow man whilst greed and ego are their priorities.
Don't agree with this comment as when you see collectors about it is mostly always young people doing the hard yards street collecting.

Since their is many charities operating these days I tend to chose the ones I want to donate to and ignore the others, sometimes it gets too much for you when on limited funds.

Cheers

PS: Think you will find Jessica - Make a Wish will be a success just like the ones in previous years.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2017, 12:28 AM   #5
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get where Roostercam is coming from - charity in general, not just the monetary kind.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen someone struggling at the shops or servo - any public place where there's people all around, and they get completely ignored by most people, but predominantly the younger generations. The exception to this is if the person in need is a pretty young lady. Even millennials will get their head out of their phone if they can get an eyeful.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #6
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Don't agree with this comment as when you see collectors about it is mostly always young people doing the hard yards street collecting.

Since their is many charities operating these days I tend to chose the ones I want to donate to and ignore the others, sometimes it gets too much for you when on limited funds.

Cheers

PS: Think you will find Jessica - Make a Wish will be a success just like the ones in previous years.
You do realise that they are getting paid a commission and not donating their time?
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2017, 01:19 PM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Agreed, in past years AFF and it's members here have been more than generous.

Make-A-Wish 2015 was $5,500 and the total donations to charity that year $12,115.35.

Make-A-Wish 2016 was $7,500 and the total donations to charity for that year $20,050.

Make-A-Wish so far this year is $2,263 and the total donations to charity (not including MAW) so far $9,100.

Last edited by GasoLane; 17-12-2017 at 01:56 PM.
GasoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2017, 02:37 PM   #8
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
You do realise that they are getting paid a commission and not donating their time?
you certainly raise a valid point but not all charities pay commission to volunteers, another reason why I'm very selective to who I donate to you.
This is something people should look into before donating.

I can see where commodorenutt statement comes from but you can add people of all ages to his comment not just the younger generation.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #9
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
you certainly raise a valid point but not all charities pay commission to volunteers, another reason why I'm very selective to who I donate to you.
This is something people should look into before donating.

I can see where commodorenutt statement comes from but you can add people of all ages to his comment not just the younger generation.
To go beyond what PG2 said, the people you see fundraising work for a third party company that keeps most of the funds raised for themselves, with only a small portion going to the charity in question. Somehow, this one company has managed to snare the vast majority of the "fundraising" work out there; in my opinion, it is quite insidious.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #10
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Come on people. chuck in a few bucks to the AFF fundraiser. Disappointing to see with a week to go we are not even half way. Lets get our priorities in check and help out those less fortunate.

The charity is a great idea, i wish this girl all the best!!! You have to 'forgive' some of us who live week by week, who dont have the option of even taking own kids for a holiday.
falcon_bandit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2017, 11:51 PM   #11
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
lol

It isn't the younger generation in company boardrooms cutting jobs and wages to boost company profits and keep their bonus nice and large.

We are blaming millions of people for the actions of the minority are we not?
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2017, 11:38 PM   #12
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

IMHO there needs to be a button near the donation tally bar.

if people have to dig to find the link then they will go "too hard"

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #13
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The whole premise of this post was to bring attention to this poor child & the fact that we are a long way from the target for the first time ever apparently. Think of her & her family as well as the many others in similar positions before taking exception to any comments here.