Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-08-2016, 07:59 PM   #61
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Gender identity, are you male, female or a space ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Who is the one authorised to determine who is saying bigoted things??

100% correct, if you are born with block and tackle you are a MAN or male of your species, you are not supposed to change that and mess with nature, it's not like we all go around deciding what sex we would like to be.

We are born what we are, I would love to be a few inches taller and be a professional basketball player, but I am not, so that's how I have to live my life.

Why?? What has changing you name got to do with mutilating your body and private parts?? Ever heard the expression of a straw man argument??

What census??? Did you even read the link??
wow

just wow
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #62
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
Point proven multiple times. Unless you're oppressed, or can at least remove yourself for a moment from a bigot's standpoint to see another view, then yes, I too fear for your children.
bigot, noun. Someone who does not agree with my progressive views.

One is not a bigot because they don't divest themselves of common traditional values to sing from the socially progressive hymn book. The more this word is used as an attack/shut down argument weapon by SJWs, the more irrelevant its meaning is becoming...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 08:32 PM   #63
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

My gender is male and I don't require any further clarification, and nor should you.

However my lack of ambiguity may or may not be for everyone. Some people aren't so sure, some people have no feelings one way or another, some people like to play the field and some people like rocking the boat as that's what they do. None of this has any effect on myself, hence it is what it is, merely a matter for the individual concerned.

It makes no difference to myself if somebody else identifies as female but anatomically they're male. Why would it? Does it make them a lesser person? Well no it doesn't. If you think it does you need to take a long hard look at yourself as the person that has the 'problem' is not that guy wearing a dress, nor the woman dressed like a man, nor the person whose gender is not immediately ascertainable, as that is the way they have chosen to live their life and that is nothing to do with you.

It also makes no difference to me what their sexual preference(s) are, quite frankly it's none of my damn business, just as my sexual preference is none of yours.

I also think that anyone should be able to marry anyone else (yes, male/female, male/male and female/female) because this is 2016 and not 1536 and quite frankly no church/politician/person in the street/judge has any right whatsoever to make a determination what is right/not right for any other person...when it's none of their damn business.

People need to get over themselves and realise their opinion...is only their opinion. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's. Their opinion is as valid as yours. It's the way it is.

If anyone is thinking of throwing out the 'won't someone think of the children' or the 'homosexuals are likely to be paedophiles' card then you really need to get a grip. All you need to do is hang around outside the family court, or read the newspaper, to see enough dysfunction between parents where the traditional way of doing things is still observed.

A family unit is a family unit, no matter what gender/sex or sexual orientation of the parents is. The quality of the parenting means more that the sex of the parents.

Anyway this is all just my opinion so feel free to ignore it
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2016, 08:45 PM   #64
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
My gender is male and I don't require any further clarification, and nor should you.

However my lack of ambiguity may or may not be for everyone. Some people aren't so sure, some people have no feelings one way or another, some people like to play the field and some people like rocking the boat as that's what they do. None of this has any effect on myself, hence it is what it is, merely a matter for the individual concerned.

It makes no difference to myself if somebody else identifies as female but anatomically they're male. Why would it? Does it make them a lesser person? Well no it doesn't. If you think it does you need to take a long hard look at yourself as the person that has the 'problem' is not that guy wearing a dress, nor the woman dressed like a man, nor the person whose gender is not immediately ascertainable, as that is the way they have chosen to live their life and that is nothing to do with you.

It also makes no difference to me what their sexual preference(s) are, quite frankly it's none of my damn business, just as my sexual preference is none of yours.

I also think that anyone should be able to marry anyone else (yes, male/female, male/male and female/female) because this is 2016 and not 1536 and quite frankly no church/politician/person in the street/judge has any right whatsoever to make a determination what is right/not right for any other person...when it's none of their damn business.

People need to get over themselves and realise their opinion...is only their opinion. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's. Their opinion is as valid as yours. It's the way it is.

If anyone is thinking of throwing out the 'won't someone think of the children' or the 'homosexuals are likely to be paedophiles' card then you really need to get a grip. All you need to do is hang around outside the family court, or read the newspaper, to see enough dysfunction between parents where the traditional way of doing things is still observed.

A family unit is a family unit, no matter what gender/sex or sexual orientation of the parents is. The quality of the parenting means more that the sex of the parents.

Anyway this is all just my opinion so feel free to ignore it
One thing here confuses me, you say the parenting does not matter regardless of gender/sex or sexual orientation.

Biologically this makes no sense, as mammals generally require a male and female of the species to come together to produce offspring. I don't think that bigoted, I think that is how nature made it over millions of years of evolution.

It only seems that it has apparently changed in the last few years as parts of acceptance, but I am still intrigues how they produce offspring

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 08:47 PM   #65
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
yeah just one, but its twice the size. just running on one cylinder.
Which reminded me of poor Harry.....

The doctor said, 'Harry, the good news is I can cure your headaches. The bad news is that it will require castration.

You have a very rare condition, which causes your testicles to press on your spine and the pressure creates one hell of a headache. The only way to relieve the pressure is to remove the testicles.'

I was shocked and depressed. I wondered if I had anything to live for. I had no choice but to go under the knife. When I left the hospital, I was without a headache for the first time in 20 years, but I felt like I was missing an important part of Myself. As I walked down the street, I realized that I felt like a different person. I could make a new beginning and live a new life.

I saw a men's clothing store and thought, 'That's what I need... A new suit...'

I entered the shop and told the salesman, 'I'd like a new suit..'

The elderly tailor eyed me briefly and said, 'Let's see... Size 44 long.'

I laughed, 'That's right, how did you know?'

'Been in the business 60 years!' the tailor said.

I tried on the suit it fit perfectly.

As I, admired myself in the mirror, the salesman asked, 'How about a new shirt?'

I thought for a moment and then said, 'Sure.'

The salesman eyed me and said, 'Let's see, 34 sleeves and 16-1/2 neck.'

I was surprised, 'That's right, how did you know?'

'Been in the business 60 years.'

I tried on the shirt and it fit perfectly.

I walked comfortably around the shop and the salesman asked, 'How about some new underwear?'

I thought for a moment and said, 'Sure.'

The salesman said, 'Let's see... Size 36.

I laughed, 'Ah ha! I got you! I've worn a size 34 since I was 18 years old.'

The salesman shook his head, 'You can't wear a size 34. A size 34 would press your testicles up against the base of your spine and give you one hell of a headache.'
Workhack: FG Silhouette XR50 Turbo ute (11.63@127.44mph) SOLD
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #66
superyob
Banned

The argument, 'It makes no difference to myself if somebody else identifies as...' is fundamentally flawed as it divorces the individual from the shared responsibility of maintaining a cohesive society where common morality exists...

The things people do behind closed doors or more openly is every-bodies business because it eventually comes out to bite society and cause ridiculous situations such as this unimportant gender crap...
4 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #67
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
The argument, 'It makes no difference to myself if somebody else identifies as...' is fundamentally flawed as it divorces the individual from the shared responsibility of maintaining a cohesive society where common morality exists...

The things people do behind closed doors or more openly is every-bodies business because it eventually comes out to bite society and cause ridiculous situations such as this unimportant gender crap...
not sure if troll
2 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 08:57 PM   #68
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
One thing here confuses me, you say the parenting does not matter regardless of gender/sex or sexual orientation.

Biologically this makes no sense, as mammals generally require a male and female of the species to come together to produce offspring. I don't think that bigoted, I think that is how nature made it over millions of years of evolution.

It only seems that it has apparently changed in the last few years as parts of acceptance, but I am still intrigues how they produce offspring
It's ok to be confused mate, the important thing is not to be closed-minded.

Looking at things biologically is looking at the whole situation through a very narrow lens.

Homosexuality and trans-genderism has been around for millennia, and it's not just something confined to humans.

However in humans it has probably caused millions and millions of people to kill themselves, or live a lie, or risk being ostracised/cast out or prosecuted and jailed/executed by the whim of a Court.

I'd like to think we're actually maturing as a species that this sort of thing can be debated openly, albeit not fully accepted (yet).

Good parenting skills aren't confined to those following the traditional male/female roles, nor is it a given to those following the traditional male/female roles. You can be good or rubbish parent, no matter what gender/sexual preference you have.

Kids brought up in same-sex families with good parenting role models are no more likely to grow up homosexual, or anything else, than a child brought up in a traditional family where the parents hate each other and are distant to the child/children involved.

If anything they are more likely to be a hell of a lot more tolerant of other people than someone brought up to be narrow-minded and so certain 'their' way is the 'only' way.

Remember you don't have to like it, you don't even have to understand it, you just need to accept it.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:58 PM   #69
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I don't really care about who wants to get married to who, marry your cat IDGAF its none of my business.

But this whole gender thing you're either male/female/trans.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #70
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post

It is fundamentally flawed...to you.

What you have just written I disagree with in the strongest possible terms, but it is your opinion, hence as valid as my own.

I am ok with that. You need to be with mine and everyone else's.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #71
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:

reproducing is not parenting.

While it it true that a lot of living things (not just mammals) require male & females for sexual reproduction, there are parthenogenic animals, and many female mammals that raise offspring with no input or contact from the male other than insemination.

Just because you might have been born with a visible "block & tackle", doesnt meant you weren't also born with a functioning set of ovaries, that aren't visible. Who the hell is anyone to tell another person how they should feel/behave/ identify based on one potential flawed observation.

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #72
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Who is the one authorised to determine who is saying bigoted things??
The parts of society that either aren't bigots (ie me), or proud bigots (ie people who get confused about what "metadata" is). Actually closet bigots have authorisation too

Quote:
What census??? Did you even read the link??
Have been reading a lot of census material today - I meant survey.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #73
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post
The parts of society that either aren't bigots (ie me), or proud bigots (ie people who get confused about what "metadata" is). Actually closet bigots have authorisation too

Have been reading a lot of census material today - I meant survey.
You my friend by definition are a bigot, as you seem to disagree with my opinion.

Bigot - a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

3 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 10:20 PM   #74
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
reproducing is not parenting.
Unless things have changes massively reproduction needs to precede parenting, as parenting can not exist without reproduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
...many female mammals that raise offspring with no input or contact from the male other than insemination.
Another straw man argument, and completely irrelevant. No one questioned this or argued this.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

2 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 10:28 PM   #75
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
You my friend by definition are a bigot, as you seem to disagree with my opinion.

Bigot - a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.
Ah mate, they're not the same thing...

Disagreeing with someone's opinion doesn't make you a bigot, it's having the opinion that their opinion is not as valid as your own that makes you one.

You can disagree with my opinion but if you acknowledge it's my opinion and it's as valid as your opinion then you're not a bigot.

You can disagree and be tolerant, that just makes you mature or well-rounded enough to see there are two sides to any argument.

Conversely you can be intolerant to those holding different opinions to your own...then you're probably a bigot.
This user likes this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 10:34 PM   #76
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ah mate, they're not the same thing...

Disagreeing with someone's opinion doesn't make you a bigot, it's having the opinion that their opinion is not as valid as your own that makes you one.

You can disagree with my opinion but if you acknowledge it's my opinion and it's as valid as your opinion then you're not a bigot.

You can disagree and be tolerant, that just makes you mature or well-rounded enough to see there are two sides to any argument.

Conversely you can be intolerant to those holding different opinions to your own...then you're probably a bigot.
I can see what you are saying, but there are limits to this.

If an opinion is ridiculous ie that we need 33 different genders, then I certainly believe that my opinion is more valid that someone that believes 33 genders are necessary.

If this makes me a bigot then I am more than happy to be a bigot, with maturity and being well rounded also comes the responsibility to call a spade a spade, and not let stupidity run rampant without being checked.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

3 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 10:43 PM   #77
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
not sure if troll
Oh, now I get it.

If you don't buy into the narrative, you're a bigot. If you express this view, you're a troll.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #78
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
The lunatics are running the asylum.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #79
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Oh, now I get it.

If you don't buy into the narrative, you're a bigot. If you express this view, you're a troll.
thanx for sharing
Old 04-08-2016, 11:02 PM   #80
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
I can see what you are saying, but there are limits to this.

If an opinion is ridiculous ie that we need 33 different genders, then I certainly believe that my opinion is more valid that someone that believes 33 genders are necessary.

If this makes me a bigot then I am more than happy to be a bigot, with maturity and being well rounded also comes the responsibility to call a spade a spade, and not let stupidity run rampant without being checked.
The limits are only in your head mate, and that is fine as well

You and I can have the opinion that the need for 33 different genders is quite frankly ridiculous and shouldn't be entertained by sane and rational people (i.e. us).

We can base that on our own view-point that there should only be 2, maybe 3 or 4 in special circumstances, at most 5.

Joe/Joanne Bloggs might identify with one of the less common genders, hence his/her opinion is that the list is (as far as he/she is concerned IF their gender is covered) full and complete.

You and I are right, Joe/Joanne is right.

Neither of us is wrong.

If we accept this, neither of us nor Joe/Joanne is a bigot.

The thing is we don't have to agree with Joe/Joanne, we just need to acknowledge that in their own world view their own opinion is valid. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, and it doesn't need to be mine, nor yours.

You were willing to discuss this so I am sure you're not a bigot, and as I said you're allowed to have your own opinion, no matter how odd or left-field it appears to someone else. It's all good.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:04 PM   #81
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post
The thirty-three options aside, somebody born one gender but is convinced they're born in the wrong body and do a whole range of things to change their gender, be it hormone therapy, sex change operation, or other approaches... too bad for them, they're Male/Female forever due to their birth status?
They are mentally ill. We don't yet know what the basis of that is, but it doesn't mean we shouldnt be trying to find out, with an aim to be able to treat it, if possible. The fact that suicide rates post-reassignment are still ridiculously high suggests the Band-Aid measure of making someone appear to be a different sex is far from a panacea.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 11:05 PM   #82
superyob
Banned

Ridiculousness of this gender rubbish put in brilliant perspective here...
http://www.xyz.net.au/emperors-new-gender/
Old 04-08-2016, 11:09 PM   #83
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The thing is we don't have to agree with Joe/Joanne, we just need to acknowledge that in their own world view their own opinion is valid.
That's fine, but what happens when Joe/Joanne decides they're not comfortable using male/female toilets, and want a special toilet for velvet cucumber gendered people? Or workplace policies that formally recognize velvet cucumbers?

I can respect the right of someone to choose not to identify as male or female, I am not the least bit interested in why they're offended that I didn't correctly acknowledge the velvet cucumber gender.
5 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #84
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I'm a spaceship.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 11:25 PM   #85
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
I'm a spaceship.
Now that there are two of us you will all be undergoing training headed up by Human Resources on how to work with spaceships on the forum and spaceship sensitivity training, there will also be some roleplays where you get to identify as spaceships
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 11:32 PM   #86
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm offended. There are many different types of spaceship, they should all be recognized.
6 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 11:34 PM   #87
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
There you go again, guessing!
This condition occurs approximately once in every 4,500 births.
A lot more than what you think.

So we are going so spend so much effort and corrupt the minds of children because of approximately 5,000 people in this country?

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2016, 11:37 PM   #88
superyob
Banned

Quote:

The thing is we don't have to agree with Joe/Joanne, we just need to acknowledge that in their own world view their own opinion is valid. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, and it doesn't need to be mine, nor yours.
Excellent. I want to impregnate my five child brides and throw homosexuals off tall buildings. Finally, someone who validates my 'world view'...
Old 04-08-2016, 11:40 PM   #89
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

I just want to leave you all with my thoughts on the subject;

Last edited by Beastie; 04-08-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Beastie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 11:45 PM   #90
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Can I identify as a racecar?

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: