Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #1
xr8cam

Default Ford Ranger Win

No Falcon doesn't seem to be worrying the Ford dealerships with latest figures having Ranger strongly outselling Hilux and the Focus exceeding all forecast figures, including outselling Camry Altise (4cyl) by a huge margin. Mustangs are becoming very common sights on the road, so somebody likes them. Whilst I will never forgive Ford & the Gov't for their short sightedness, it's still nice to see Ford winning sales races and positive media.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Re: Ford Ranger Win

Somehow driving a Ford has become hip and cool again, kudos to Ford where credit is due. People must have got bored driving Toyotas. Daewoo Holdens won't cut it for much longer, and the rebadged Opels will be questionable.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-02-2017, 12:38 AM   #3
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Somehow driving a Ford has become hip and cool again, kudos to Ford where credit is due. People must have got bored driving Toyotas. Daewoo Holdens won't cut it for much longer, and the rebadged Opels will be questionable.
Why? Thai built plastic fake fords are ok huh?
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-02-2017, 03:40 AM   #4
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
plastic fake fords are ok huh?
At 2289 kg kerb weight, there can't be much plastic in them.
Perhaps at least 3/4 of that steel. Probably 1/4 of the weight would be a mix of glass, rubber, aluminum, copper, and some plastic.

Congratulations with sales numbers anyway.
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2017, 03:45 AM   #5
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
At 2289 kg kerb weight, there can't be much plastic in them.
Perhaps at least 3/4 of that steel. Probably 1/4 of the weight would be a mix of glass, rubber, aluminum, copper, and some plastic.

Congratulations with sales numbers anyway.

Ah excuse me, Ford doesn't have plastic non aussie culture. only other companies.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2017, 07:57 AM   #6
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
No Falcon doesn't seem to be worrying the Ford dealerships with latest figures having Ranger strongly outselling Hilux and the Focus exceeding all forecast figures, including outselling Camry Altise (4cyl) by a huge margin. Mustangs are becoming very common sights on the road, so somebody likes them. Whilst I will never forgive Ford & the Gov't for their short sightedness, it's still nice to see Ford winning sales races and positive media.
Ford OZ seems to be tracking ok without Falcon and Territory but Hilux was best selling vehicle in Australia in 2016 and Focus does not compete with Camry but rather Mazda 3 , Corolla or Golf. Even so Focus sells nowhere near Camry numbers.
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #7
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I too will never forgive Ford for taking away the Falcon to replace it with a FWD Mondeo, I've sworn off Mondeo for life.

However, since the Mustang and the dual cab 4x4 were never part of Australian culture, ill accept them since they aren't inferior replacements of local models.

Build Mondeo in Australia and do away with the Femenine Wheel Drive and I MAY consider it.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #8
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Ah excuse me, Ford doesn't have plastic non aussie culture. only other companies.
Nah they did from 2003 onwards when they Camryfied the Falcon. Even got rid of the actually better IRS from the AU with something over complicated and prone to problems.
Just like every other modern car built from then on. But that's what the buying public loves.
A huge budget that produced a plasticy interior that had bits fly off when closing doors and a problematic IRS amongst many other issues but it sold because people thought it looked great and it was the car to be seen in at the time. Just like a Ford Ranger at the moment.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #9
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its been really impressive watching the popularity of the Ranger, taking on a giant like Hilux.
Ford sales in Australia will probably benefit now that Falcon has gone. like it or not Ford have/had a reputation here for being Falcons and Falcon unfortunately went sour.
Ranger and now Mustang have brought in new Buyers, that are looking at Focus & Mondeo too.

They need to Hurry up and get the next large road SUV to Replace the Current Territory though 2018 is too late.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2017, 12:00 PM   #10
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Dealers moved on from Falcon moons ago, diehards haven't
Old 17-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #11
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Why? Thai built plastic fake fords are ok huh?
I resent all Thai built plastic fake cars and women and refuse to buy a Thai built car.
Old 17-02-2017, 03:00 PM   #12
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I resent all Thai built plastic fake cars and women and refuse to buy a Thai built car.
So you don't like Thai's ?
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #13
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hilux built in Thailand, has a pretty good rep wouldn't you say?
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #14
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
So you don't like Thai's ?
Every race has its bad apples, but statistically Thai people are over represented in my books. .

Last edited by GasoLane; 17-02-2017 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Over generalising much ?
Old 17-02-2017, 03:29 PM   #15
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I like Thai food, AND the Ford Ranger.

I've driven a Wildtrack and it's a really good 4X

If there is a Raptor, that'll be something special !!
Old 17-02-2017, 04:28 PM   #16
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Every race has its bad apples, but statistically Thai people are over represented in my books. The girls are either selling their bodies and working illegally on student visas, using gullible men for money, and the men are pimping out their wives and girlfriends or just in general up to no good. So no, I'd rather not contribute to the Thai economy if given a choice. Would rather contribute to the Korean and Chinese economy where a higher percentage are actually out to make an honest living.
Cause the chinese government are so moral
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-02-2017, 04:34 PM   #17
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Every race has its bad apples, but statistically Thai people are over represented in my books.

Care to share those stats ?

NB: they won't have any relevance to the OP or the thousands of OEM vehicles built in Thailand though

Last edited by GasoLane; 17-02-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 17-02-2017, 04:40 PM   #18
FPV6

Quote:

We may dislike Ford right now for what they did, and we need to stop blaming the government it wasn't really there fault.

As a global business it was a smart move to globalise its models, in true contrast it was doing this anyway bar a few models its components were built else were anyway
Old 17-02-2017, 05:02 PM   #19
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Every race has its bad apples, but statistically Thai people are over represented in my books.
There are 68 million people in Thailand where more than half are female.

That’s a lot of prostitutes.

They must be doing something right with those student visas as the total male/female population has a literacy rate equal or better than Australia.

Last edited by GasoLane; 17-02-2017 at 05:39 PM.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2017, 05:28 PM   #20
FPV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
There are 68 million people in Thailand where more than half are female.

That’s a lot of prostitutes.

They must be doing something right with those student visas as the total male/female population has a literacy rate equal or better than Australia.
Im sorry, but isn't typical though, we still think were the world leaders in everything
Old 17-02-2017, 05:31 PM   #21
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV6 View Post
Im sorry, but isn't typical though, we still think were the world leaders in everything
Apparently if "you're here" you're better than anyone else on the planet.
Old 17-02-2017, 05:45 PM   #22
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV6 View Post
We certainly are the world leaders in selling off our assets, fining people for the pettiest things, leaders in motorist revenue and leaders in welfare payouts to able bodied people who don't deserve my tax money.
People are too blind to see that this is not the place it used to be a while ago, but it could be worse. Just wait another 10 years.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #23
dunga
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
We certainly are the world leaders in selling off our assets, fining people for the pettiest things, leaders in motorist revenue and leaders in welfare payouts to able bodied people who don't deserve my tax money.
People are too blind to see that this is not the place it used to be a while ago, but it could be worse. Just wait another 10 years.
Are you saying there are able bodied people out there knowingly taking our tax dollars and have no intensions of ever working . I know why don't we all work till we drop dead to pay for the poor unfortunate soles.
dunga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post