Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #1
tjb45
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Bathurst Corporate Experience

Hi all, I'm after some advise from anyone that's done the whole corporate thing at Bathurst.

In short my Dad is turning 70 this year, and although he loves motorsport has never been to Bathurst. I'm planning to get him some Corporate tickets so he can come along and experience the race, but because of his declining health, it will need to have a degree of comfort.

I've had a bit of a google around and found the Supercars Corporate packages which all mostly look nice. But there are a lot of options and given this isn't going to be the cheapest thing in the world, really want to invest in the right one.

My focus is really on good viewing opportunities (TV and live action) and somewhere that Dad can sit comfortably throughout the day. Big beverage packages are not high on the requirements, and a more "sober" environment will be better as he will not be drinking.

So, has anyone done the Supercars Corporate thing? and can you offer any insight? Also, is there other options apart from the "Supercars" offering? Accommodation is next on my list, so any help there will also be great.
tjb45 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bathurst Corporate Experience

I Have been going every year to Bathurst since i was 21 and I am now 63. I have camped , B&Bd , caravaned and rented houses, and the honest truth is there is no cheap way if you need your comfort. I enjoy the paddock these days w, with some mates in a van, as my family have grown and no longer make the pilgrimage.
Rydges would be the pick but it's bloody expensive and only available by ballot. I suggets you ring the Bathurst tourist office and they will put you on to the home host scheme , which works well and you have choices.
As for the track, all corporate packages, on that weekend are astronomically expensive,
I could only do that if someone else was paying too. There are not too many options but the best would be to buy grandstand seats and bring along your own food and non alcoholic drinks , as the choice at the track is limited if you are particular.
Corporate packages are good , but value for money they are not , at least not from my experience, and I also think you get the best racing experience out with the real race fans on the terraces. I wish you luck in your search and if i can assist in any way contact me and I will help if i can. I look forward to comparing stories from the Mount of 2017.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-02-2017, 07:47 PM   #3
NGN 351
FoMoCo Fan

As Bathurst was on my bucket list my wife and I just stumped up the cash and stayed at the Rydges on Conrod straight.
Stayed on the second floor, it was nothing short of amazing, could see nearly 3/4 of the track from our balcony, didn't have to fight the crowds unless you wanted to venture over into the pits etc.
The experience was second to none. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
Old 22-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #4
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old days the recipe was
put temp rego on a $100 banger, fill it full of beer. Strap comfy couch to roof
Drive to track
unload beer and couch
burn banger for warmth
use couch until it needs to be burnt for warmth.

I guess times have changed?
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #5
tjb45
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Thanks. Yes times have changed a little, somewhat harder to burn old bangers now. If it was just me, I would be camping for sure, No other way to enjoy the atmosphere.

But, this trip will be more about comfort, and as such I understand its going to cost a few $$. Which although it will be a struggle to afford, the regret of not doing this while Dad can still attend will be far more costly.

NGN_351, I'll PM you, but I loved the idea of Rydges, I did put an enquiry in with them around November last year, but it appears they are booked years in advance as I have heard nothing back. Maybe there is another way to get a booking, (Ballot system??)

Thanks so far, keep the ideas coming
tjb45 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2017, 10:10 PM   #6
DASTIG

I have done the pit lane club corporate tickets at Bathurst many times. Location is top of the building above the pits. You are right at the start line. You can be under cover watching TV screens or out on the balcony watching the racing. Look down and you can see the pit stops.

The other side of the building you can see the back of the pits. Toilets are kept clean. Food has always been very good. Drinks are included except spirits. I have never seen anyone extremely drunk, they warn you if to messy you will be asked to leave. There are lifts to get to the location if can't climb many stairs. Cost is about $1,200 for 2 days (sat & sun), includes the general admission tickets for the other 2 days. Can buy corporate tickets for 3 days if interested, cost is more. Last time we received corporate passes to park in the parking area right at the main gate. Handy if you are driving.

Can't comment on the accom as I have a mate that we stay in their shed track side.

Send me a pm with email address and I can email you details of the packages that they sent to us last week. You pay 10% upfront and then remainder about 2 months out from the race.

DASTIG
DASTIG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post