Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 29-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Stazza_Brendan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FG Section

Was talking to another member on here who has made the jump from B series Falcon to an FG Falcon about the lack of FG section.

While there is a few threads in the Show and Shine area and the S/C and Turbo sections there is no real FG area.
FG has been out for ~4 Years now and becoming popular second hand and a few guys have made the jump from B series to new FG.

Just a suggestion.

ZF - Optioned interior - Hardlid - Rapidsystems V4.5 kit - GTX3576R - Crow Cams Valve springs - 1000cc KPM injectors - 20" MC Racing Wheels - DashDaq/Cobalt Gauges - 4in dump/3.5in exhaust system - Shockworks Coilovers - 30mm Swaybar - Shockworks 4pot 355mm front brakes - GT R-spec rear brakes
CPV Tuned to 340rwkw
Stazza_Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Default Re: FG Section

I think this was actually discussed in the past.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the reason why an FG dedicated forum was never created was because the "B series" section was actually a group of people outside of AFF who wanted to spread out more and get to know more people/members, and requested a sub-forum here on AFF.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Start an FG Series.com club like AUFalcon, B-series and T-Series. Then I'm sure admin would create a section with other community based clubs. But I think you need to start a club first.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
prydey
Rob

most of the discussion in the 'Contemporary' forum is regarding FG's
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
2tufracing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AGREED VOTE 1 FOR FG SECTION.. also a falcon ute section would be awesome
FG F6 UTE #327 Orange Poke
XW GS FALCON FOR SALE
2tufracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #6
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

My suggestion is to introduce a FG Technical data link section in Contemporary, similar to the BA-BF Technical Data Links sticky section (also one for the AU) in that folder.

There are a number of items that can already go in there, such as the premium sub wiring change, speaker retrofit solutions, interior lights, bluehoons rockford fosgate installation, side indicator location moved to the mirrors, djr spoiler fitment, immediately come to mind. I'm sure there will be lots of others that will come in the future as the FG matures further.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #7
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We'll have a discussion on the topic and let you guys know.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Must have happened.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #9
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Indeed it has
Old 09-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

great idea all.

Much easier to search for FG related stuff.

No mods yet.
Samtheband is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #11
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It has indeed happened and I am gradually moving threads across now.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I can't believe how many threads are in that section...that is a lot of info on the FG

Great work in moving them all Russ.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

There has been plenty of info on the FG for a while ... it's nearing 4 years old I guess.

Would be good to maybe see an FG Build thread section ... as I see different ones here and there in Show 'n' Shine and Performance Builds as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #14
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Good work, with so many people getting into FGs now it's a great addition to the forum.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post