Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT club of SA > Falcon GT Nationals 2009

Old 29-10-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Default Motorsport activity day.

Ok here is the latest on offer for a motorsport activity day.

The Sporting Car Club of SA have invited all entrants of the 13th Falcon GT Nationals to their Historic Race Car Meeting being held at Mallala Motorsport Park on the Sunday of the Nat's. This event for Historic Race Cars(CAMS Classification) has been held over the Easter Weekend for the past 15+ years and offers a mix of racing and time trials. 2009's event will be celebrating 40 years of Racing Fords (starting from the introduction of the Formula Ford class). An invitation has also gone out to ex group C and group A cars to participate as they now qualify for historic race meetings.

They have offered us a grassed parking area for Nat's entrants and will add an Invitation Class to the program for Nat's Entrants to compete in. There will also be a couple of lunch time parade laps for all entrants who come out for the day.

The invitation class will be run as a "Regularity" event. The idea is that after posting lap times during practice you nominate the most consistant time and then during a 4 lap session you are awarded points for how close you are able to run against your nominated lap time. Go too fast and you are penalised severly, go to slow and you are penalised moderately, consistancy is the winner.

As this is something a little bit different to the past Nat's and as it is part of another orginsations event we would like your feedback as to what level of participation you would be interested in. The final cost for this event will be determined based on the number of Nationals entrants interested in attending.(will be under $20 car load for entrants and between $60-$100 for competitors)

Would you like to go out to Mallala as a spectator?
Would you like to go out to Mallala as a competitor?
Would you rather go on a Barrosa Valley winery cruise?

Your feedback ASAP will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sean.

bbcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
GTP-RPD
GTP-RPD

Good work - are the Nats committee still interested in the AMCClub joining in on the event - Display Day and motorsports event?
Let me know or give me a call so i can advise the members.
69 XTGT
70 XWGT
97 EL Fairmont Ghia
68 HK Monaro GTS327
73 HQ Monaro GTS427
71 XY GTHO
03 BA GT-P Mk1
04 BA Falcon XR6
05 BA GT-P Mk2
06 WRX
06 HSV GTO Z
93 ED Fairmont
16 FG-X G6E Turbo
GTP-RPD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
RPO.383
Coupe Collector

Hi Sean I am very interested in the Mallala day as a competitor.
Hagen.
RPO.383 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

We now have confirmation and entry details for our Motorsport activity at the Nationals.

For Nationals entrants interested in puting their car out on the track as part of the Sporting Car Club of SA's Historic Race Meeting your entry forms are available here:
http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com.au/motorsport.htm
Please read all 3 documents and return your entry direct to the Sporting Car Club of SA by the 1st of March.
For all Falcon GT Nationals entrants who participate as competitors you will receive a refund of $50 on the day.

For Nationals entrants who wish to attend as spectators, there will be a cruise to the track and a GT Display in the V.I.P area. Entry fee will be $20 per carload(normally $20pp).

As we will be guests of the SCCSA at this event they will be in charge of the Mallala programme. Please contact us with any enquiries and we will get the info to you ASAP.
Old 26-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #5
xw 427
BIG CUBES=POWER

any drag racing?
Old 27-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xw 427
any drag racing?
No......tryed our hardest to get a venue and then got dumped by the track owner.

Refer to page 3 of theis thread http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....6&page=3&pp=25

Thanks,
Sean.
Old 30-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
xw 427
BIG CUBES=POWER

can we hang skids on the straight if we enter the motorspot day?
Old 31-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #8
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Well.........? It's a "regularity" and that means your only competing against yourself and the clock.....so as long as you are considerate to others vehicles on the track at the same time as you, the way you drive around the track is up to you. :rolleyes:

"The event is held by the Sporting Car Club of SA under CAMS guidelines and regulations, you must read the supplementary regulations and follow any instuction from the officials on the day of the event."

Now I guess, for those who don't have a car that corners very well (myself included), the only advantage we have is to hit the loud pedal hard as we can coming out of the corners! :
Old 12-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

A reminder to all entrants about the Mallala Motorsport day.

Hi All,

To avoid any confusion, can you please ensure all your club members wishing to enter the Motorsport Day are aware of the following:

“Please note that you cannot enter on race day – you must submit your entry form to the Sporting Car Club by 1st March if you wish to compete.”

Also..

We are proud to announce that the two XYGTHO Phase 3 race cars driven by Murray Carter and John French in the 1972 Bathurst 500 will be at the Mallala Historic Meeting, with both original drivers in attendance, and performing demonstration laps.

This will be a very rare occasion where you can see two very significant historic race cars in action at the same time, both of them being driven by the same drivers who raced them back in the golden GTHO era. DON’T MISS IT..

..ONLY 2 MONTHS TO GO!!!!

Best Regards

Hugh Westphalen

Chairman

2009 Falcon GT Nationals Committee

Motorsport entry forms are available here:
http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com.au/motorsport.htm
Please complete and return to the Sporting Car Club of SA before the 1st of March.
Old 25-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

The invitation to all Falcon GT Nationals entrants to compete at the Sporting Car Club of SA's Historic Race Meeting at Mallala Raceway closes soon.

“Please note that you cannot enter on race day – you must submit your entry form to the Sporting Car Club by 1st March if you wish to compete.”

All entry details avaiable here http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com.au/motorsport.htm please send entry forms and payment direct to the Sporting Car Club of SA.
Old 26-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #11
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcoupe
Well.........? It's a "regularity" and that means your only competing against yourself and the clock.....

Now I guess, for those who don't have a car that corners very well (myself included), the only advantage we have is to hit the loud pedal hard as we can coming out of the corners! :
You miss the concept of a regularity competition.

Basically, YOU nominate your lap time and you score points against you for every tenth of a second you are from this time.You are not necessarily trying to be quick but consistent. The person who consistently gets closest to the lap time that THEY nominated wins the comp.
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR_AUII
You miss the concept of a regularity competition.

Basically, YOU nominate your lap time and you score points against you for every tenth of a second you are from this time.You are not necessarily trying to be quick but consistent. The person who consistently gets closest to the lap time that THEY nominated wins the comp.
Thanks Andrew, yes you are correct. (but you may have missed my concept of humor and political correctness in reply to the original question _2: )
Old 01-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #13
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

39 days to go!

Dinner tickets for Friday and Saturday night are still available, please book before you arrive.

Last day to get you entry in for participation at the Sporting Car Clubs Historic race meeting. Please get your form directly to them within the next 48 hours to confirm your place in the programed of events.

See you soon,
Sean.
Old 21-03-2009, 01:19 AM   #14
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Only 19 days to go!

We are all set to host Australia's biggest GT Falcon party over this coming Easter.

Due to last minute demand we have re-opened entries for those who still wish to be part of this special event.

Check our web site for entry forms or PM me and I'll get one straight to you.
http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com.au/

For those who haven't got your Friday or Sunday night dinner tickets, they are still available and will need to be purchased before you head over to the event.
http://www.falcongtnationals2009.co...edinnerform.pdf

Good luck with your preparations and look forward to seeing you soon!
Old 26-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #15
RPO.383
Coupe Collector

Hi Sean I put my entry in weeks ago for the motor sport event but have not received any thing is this ok? Also whats do the cars need like catch can for rad over flow,fire extinguisher and extra excelerator return spring?
see ya soon Hagen
Old 27-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #16
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

The Sporting Car Club will be sending entrant advice packs next Wednesday to all entrants, hopefully it will all be explained then. If you still have any questions after let me know and we'll follow it up.
Regards,
Sean.
Old 27-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #17
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

13 days to go!

All entrants will be receiving their entrants advice letters this week. This will be your guide to what you need to do when you've arrived in Adelaide. There is also a questionnare which will assist us with some final planning, it will be greatly appreciated if you could send it back during the next week.

Late entries need to be in asap, http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com...sentryform.pdf (Mr Rudds cheque should be arriving shortly, a great way to spend it!!! ;) )

The Sunday night dinner tickets are still available and the evening will be a great finale to the weekend. Great venue, 3 course meal, drinks, live music, gateway to Adelaides night spots, alternative menu available for special dietry requirements (please advise before you arrival in Adelaide) http://www.falcongtnationals2009.com...dinnerform.pdf tickets will not be available at the event so order now to avoid disapointment.

See you soon!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #18
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey guys,

I'll be out at Mallala for the weekend - hopefully on Flag Point 2 so I can listen to your cars as you come past. (but I digress) What i would like to know is - during our Lunch Break how hard would it be for Murray and John to come over and say G'day to the race officials - a few of us have been around long enough to remember those two drivers in Falcons and it would be so good to talk to them.

I realise it may be a little short notice but if you can help, that would be great.

Looking forward to seeing all your cars on the weekend - drive safely and more to the point - ENJOY YOURSELVES.

Paul B.

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #19
ozfast

how many GT's are competing at malalla ,has the sporting car club given you any idea,tryin to decide between the footy and the track!
ozfast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #20
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

There are 20 Falcon GT's competing in the GT Regularity class, plenty of other action in other classes though, big field of entrants in the Group N field.

Don't know exactly what it will take to drag you away from the footy, but how many more games to go to this year V's only one chance to see whats on offer at Mallala!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #21
RPO.383
Coupe Collector

Hi Sean yep got the info pack but nothing in there about what what needs to be done to these cars? Maybe I will try and ring some one. Hagen.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #22
ozfast

very true sean,i think you just made the decision for me
ozfast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #23
kiwi2768
Starter Motor

Default Mallala Motor Sport Day

At least two references in this thread about the admission cost being $20 per car. Pity nobody thought to arrange the special admission cost with the organisers at the track. It cost $20 p.p. to get in.
kiwi2768 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post