Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #91
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ea's maybe a little lighter, but not enough for them to do pulling those times. he must have some freakish car.

i had 179rwhp with a cat back exhaust, xr cam, k&n panel filter and thermos. Rollin on the same dyno, different day though (much warmer from memory, and it was done outside) had 179rwhp with the cam i currently have, and extractors/exhaust... he picked up like 17rwhp changing to the stock fuel pressure reg, as his AFR was up the shit.
Old 17-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #92
Coupe460

when we lived in brisbane we regularly raced at willowbank in SUPER STOCK Eliminator running a best of 9.58 secs at 142mph car weighed 3550 pounds and is naturally aspirated and has a single carby and flat tappet camshaft.......
Coupe460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #93
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC460
when we lived in brisbane we regularly raced at willowbank in SUPER STOCK Eliminator running a best of 9.58 secs at 142mph car weighed 3550 pounds and is naturally aspirated and has a single carby and flat tappet camshaft.......
hi sounds crazy, if you like start a thread in the drag racing forum with some pictures. i am sure there would be plenty of interest in your car..
if you need help send me a PM..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #94
Coupe460

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
hi sounds crazy, if you like start a thread in the drag racing forum with some pictures. i am sure there would be plenty of interest in your car..
if you need help send me a PM..
that would be awsome thanks...
Coupe460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #95
GT_351
GT 351

hi Sylox how are ya, i saw your ute a few times in the staging lanes but didn't realise it was yours until i saw you after i spoke to you on my last run!! : I am sure you will get a lot more speed out of yours, don't worry about that!! The old XB is in the garage getting a heart transplant at the moment and should be alive again in Easter! The clapped out plug fouling, ashmatic stock 351 (i shouldn't be harsh it was the original engine from 73' and went good for what it was) did a 15.7 @89 mph, i reckon i could have managed a 15.5. I reckon that auto could be a slight problem with yours, you may want to get a stallie, i was pulling 2.3 60 foot's with 3.5' and a manual.

Good luck with it all, your ute certainly looks the part and hope to see you again soon, - Mark :
GT_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 09:39 PM   #96
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Hows it going Sylox? Did it go to Lachlan yet?
I'm heading to chiptorque this Saturday so Lachlan can read what the ecu is doing on the road eg floor it off stand still/stall it up and go/kick backs etc etc. In particular he wants to see what the timing is doing on wot takes offs on the road (where there is full traction), to see if the torque maps are backing things right off. I'll post results on Saturday when i get back. As has been discussed with a few knoledgable people in the trade everything seems to be pointing to the Ecu playing games.

He and his other programmer are both sorting though the codes at the moment and things are looking good on the torque reduction removal. Thaks in part to a certian document that was floating around :Up_to_som

Au2xlsV8 also had a drive of the xr8 whilst I was up there the weekend before last and picked it straight away there is a solid spot of around 3000rpm when it takes off but below it feels some what restrained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8_Grunt
hi Sylox how are ya, i saw your ute a few times in the staging lanes but didn't realise it was yours until i saw you after i spoke to you on my last run!! : I am sure you will get a lot more speed out of yours, don't worry about that!! The old XB is in the garage getting a heart transplant at the moment and should be alive again in Easter! The clapped out plug fouling, ashmatic stock 351 (i shouldn't be harsh it was the original engine from 73' and went good for what it was) did a 15.7 @89 mph, i reckon i could have managed a 15.5. I reckon that auto could be a slight problem with yours, you may want to get a stallie, i was pulling 2.3 60 foot's with 3.5' and a manual.

Good luck with it all, your ute certainly looks the part and hope to see you again soon, - Mark
Yep the stall is on the cards when the cam goes in mate. At the moment we are waiting to see how the torque reduction theory plays out.
yeah I spotted you earlier on in the night mate, lol theres not many XB's out there as smick as yours. Sure I'll see you there again some day hopefully both cars are doing better times and we can have a run or some thing.

Last edited by Sylox; 24-01-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #97
AUGhiaV8

Well... Audrey is a very very sick little girl at the moment : and the brilliant mob at my local Ford dealership are hopeless - I swear, they'd get caught in a nipple storm and still end up sucking their thumbs!

I'm heading down to ChipTorque tomorrow :eclipsee_ to see if Lachlan can diagnose the problem/s (rough idle, flat spots everywhere, hesitations at any rpm, stalling etc).

If I think of it I'll ask him how things are progressing.

Last edited by AUGhiaV8; 24-01-2005 at 11:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 12:18 AM   #98
GT_351
GT 351

Thumbs up

Yep the stall is on the cards when the cam goes in mate. At the moment we are waiting to see how the torque reduction theory plays out.
yeah I spotted you earlier on in the night mate, lol theres not many XB's out there as smick as yours. Sure I'll see you there again some day hopefully both cars are doing better times and we can have a run or some thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i am sure they will sort it, those things go well with minor mods, so it's probably something silly.........yeah i would have had a run against you if i knew that u were there earlier (you would have wooped my *** but it would have been fun) thanks for the compliment on the old girl, yeah i haven't driven it since the 9th and i am already having withdrawls, next time you see it the engine will be angry, so it will be quite a different car
GT_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 01:59 AM   #99
xr8ute
Back on the road

thats very cool news Sylox...will be interested to hear how you go on Saturday
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post