Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #61
New2Focus
LS LX Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
AWESOME!!!!! Today, on the way back from Nelsons Bay, i saw a LS Focus LX Sedan in Silver, with QLD plates. The thing that blew me away was that it had a bodykit (i guess factory)......
Haven't seen any sedans with bodykit - wasn't aware it could be added to a sedan. I wonder about the cost.

I'm still hoping someone at H.O. will change their mind and build an XR5 sedan - or even a wagon.
New2Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #62
Parasite

Info for the bodykit on the sedan:

http://www.ford.com.au/range/popup/p...=25&category=3
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 06:04 PM   #63
Focituner

It looks really nice , I wish we didn't have such strict crash ratings here in the US so we could get the much nicer looking front ends which are molded so well.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #64
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Focus
Haven't seen any sedans with bodykit - wasn't aware it could be added to a sedan. I wonder about the cost.

I'm still hoping someone at H.O. will change their mind and build an XR5 sedan - or even a wagon.
Well, let me assure you they do exist, and look INSANE. At first i thought it could have been a Zetec Sedan valuation vehicle.... then i realised the LX badge and lights. But damn, it looks really really good. And since it was low, i think i just fell in love with the Sedan. Plz Ford, give us a Sports Sedan to match the SP23 and Maxx Sport.... not a Ghia - there are leather packs for that!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #65
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focituner
It looks really nice , I wish we didn't have such strict crash ratings here in the US so we could get the much nicer looking front ends which are molded so well.
I'm not sure it has much to do with crash ratings. Our crash ratings in Oz are very strict as well. I think you'll find it a matter of cultural cringe.

Car companies in the US always reckon they can do it better, and "style" overseas based models to supposedly suit the "taste" of the US public.

However, Mercedes and BMW don't seem to make their cars ugly for the US. But Ford and GM are masters at it. Focus is a good example. And have a look at the new ugly bonnet scoops on the Monaro/Pontiac GTO. Beautiful sleek design buggered up by GM because they know what suits the US market.

Ford and GM understand the needs of the US market so well, they continually lose market share and are now at junk bond status!!!!!!!!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post