Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-03-2019, 02:46 PM   #1
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU11 Fairlane aerial rope

the aerial rope snapped on my 01 Fairlane
I've seen some on ebay that say fits Falcon and Fairlane but I read here they are different.
Has anyone had luck finding a rope and mast and rope for a Fairlane
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2019, 07:00 AM   #2
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: AU11 Fairlane aerial rope

I had tried the ebay one years ago and it didn't fit LWB. Was lucky enough to be given a NOS one for the TL50 after I broke the mast.
Recently bought a Fairlane that had had the mast replaced by JB HiFi. It worked but the tip didn't sit all the way in the housing on the top of the guard. So I bought a used from the wreckers and replaced it.
You could check with Aerpro (spelling?) if they do one for the Lane as I have seen they do aerial spares at Supercheap
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2019, 12:08 PM   #3
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aero list the mast as AP12 for Falcon and Fairlane, not sure if that's correct for the Fairlane though
Old 04-03-2019, 08:33 PM   #4
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. The ap12 for antennas in the front guard. Its more like a mazda one for antennas in the rear 1/4 panel. If you are changing an antenna in the front you use "semi-auto" to replace a ford full auto, the full auto is when you are fitting a new antenna and want full auto in place of a lockdown. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #5
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like no rope and mask available for the Fairlane then, bugger
Old 05-03-2019, 07:14 PM   #6
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Are you able to attach a rope from a broken mast to your mast as I have the one I broke the mast on. Its not here for me to check as I just put it into storage but I can get to it easily when I take some more stuff to storage next week
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #7
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

I should have a good one laying around that I'm willing to sell as my LTD will be for sale soon. Have to say they're not cheap though.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2019, 08:06 PM   #8
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTe342 View Post
Are you able to attach a rope from a broken mast to your mast as I have the one I broke the mast on. Its not here for me to check as I just put it into storage but I can get to it easily when I take some more stuff to storage next week
I will check on Friday
Old 06-03-2019, 08:07 PM   #9
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
I should have a good one laying around that I'm willing to sell as my LTD will be for sale soon. Have to say they're not cheap though.
are you talking about a complete power aerial
Old 06-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #10
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vxc View Post
are you talking about a complete power aerial
Yes, Fairlane one.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2019, 10:47 PM   #11
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

There is a Fairlane one on Club AU on facebook for $85 if you are still chasing one
Old 06-04-2019, 07:34 PM   #12
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

they always break
I disconnected mine for safe keeping